Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
he could stretch jaesun's goal any time.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Al Fargo needs to do now is a new Gold Box like game and the complete cRPG INCLINE would be complete.
Well, we can always fap to Chaos Chronicles ;) I, on the other hand, would never announce a complete cRPG incline :obviously: without a proper Daggerfall sequel.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, with Shadowrun, P:E, W2 and now Torment, I think my RPG slate will be pretty well filled up for the next couple years. It's nice to actually have something to look forward to again.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Numenera setting actually looks very interesting and I like the story premise they presented in the video. Also the Mark Morgan track in the pitch video = ultimate WINNARZ like Cleve would say.

4too

Arcane
Waar Is Het Bier Tier!

Excidium said:
Need 4too as a Torment NPC fundraiser.

As long as the Draft is dark … with a thick foamy head … will push expectations beyond common marketing inebriation's. :salute:

4too

Castanova

Prophet
So it had good story, dialogues, and graphics... tell me again how that has anytihng to do with the gameplay? The quest design maybe was great from a story perspective but if you think fed-ex is an example of good gameplay then.... yikes.

Isn't all that gameplay? story, dialogue, graphics, quest design, etc. PS:T was lacking in several fronts, especially the combat and the ending, but fuck me if the journey through it was not the best piece of "gameplay" i ever experienced in an crpg.

How are graphics gameplay? How is story gameplay? Those things are the polar opposite of gameplay. The visual design of the pieces on a chessboard is not gameplay. The notes describing the "lore" in the instruction manual of Settles of Catan or whatever is not gameplay. You liked PS:T, that's obvious, but that doesn't mean it had good gameplay.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Btw. Finding answers about yourself, seeking your creator for knowledge and moar answers... Sounds too familiar.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
RGbli.png

Esquilax

Arcane
BUT OF COURSE THERE IS!! THEY ARE JUST NOT SHOWING IT TO FILTHY PEASANTS LIKE US, BECAUSE WHO WOULD? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY ARE OBLIGED TO. WE LIVE TO GIVE THEM MONEYZ, SCREW THE REST.

I hear you constantly bitching about this, but I don't know what the fuck you expect. I'm not saying that Project Eternity is going to turn out to be a great game, but the whole Kickstarter phenomenon itself is basically fueled by hope and faith; In hopes that a good RPG will be produced, I'm willing to pledge x amount of dollars because I have a certain amount of faith in Fargo/Obsidian/whatever to produce a decent product. In the end, that's what it boils down to.

I'm not saying don't criticize design decisions or anything like that, I'm just saying that criticizing these Kickstarter projects for not having everything nailed down to a tee is stupid considering the whole Kickstarter process is a crapshoot to begin with. It is what it is.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So it had good story, dialogues, and graphics... tell me again how that has anytihng to do with the gameplay? The quest design maybe was great from a story perspective but if you think fed-ex is an example of good gameplay then.... yikes.

Isn't all that gameplay? story, dialogue, graphics, quest design, etc. PS:T was lacking in several fronts, especially the combat and the ending, but fuck me if the journey through it was not the best piece of "gameplay" i ever experienced in an crpg.

How are graphics gameplay? How is story gameplay? Those things are the polar opposite of gameplay. The visual design of the pieces on a chessboard is not gameplay. The notes describing the "lore" in the instruction manual of Settles of Catan or whatever is not gameplay. You liked PS:T, that's obvious, but that doesn't mean it had good gameplay.

It had a very good gameplay. The gameplay was centered around exploration of the setting and the plot. You know - doing all those quests, learning about various factions and your plight, solving puzzles, going through dialogue trees, making choices, etc. PS:T is a prime example of the gameplay being used as a medium for telling a story.

Combat sucked, though. Fortunatelly it was a minor part of it... which is not a good excuse, really. :rpgcodex:

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
BUT OF COURSE THERE IS!! THEY ARE JUST NOT SHOWING IT TO FILTHY PEASANTS LIKE US, BECAUSE WHO WOULD? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY ARE OBLIGED TO. WE LIVE TO GIVE THEM MONEYZ, SCREW THE REST.

I hear you constantly bitching about this, but I don't know what the fuck you expect. I'm not saying that Project Eternity is going to turn out to be a great game, but the whole Kickstarter phenomenon itself is basically fueled by hope and faith; In hopes that a good RPG will be produced, I'm willing to pledge x amount of dollars because I have a certain amount of faith in Fargo/Obsidian/whatever to produce a decent product. In the end, that's what it boils down to.

I'm not saying don't criticize design decisions or anything like that, I'm just saying that criticizing these Kickstarter projects for not having everything nailed down to a tee is stupid considering the whole Kickstarter process is a crapshoot to begin with. It is what it is.

I was being ironic with Infinitron. :roll:

serch

Magister
So, what would you choose: 65 $ boxed copy + 12 $ of mail + some risk of euromagicaltaxing in customs (but you got a box for your collection) or the 75 $ digital one (cheaper, you contribute more to the kickstarter, no taxing risk and get the Numenera's playerbook, but no box for your loot)? :keepmyjewgold:

TripJack

Hedonist
i've already donated to 1 possible turd being made by inxile

i shan't do it again
:keepmyjewgold:

TripJack

Hedonist
Pledge $5 so you can troll their boards when they inevitably fail to deliver :troll:
troll on a board other than rpgcodex? you sir are a heretic
:fight:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom