Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Al Fargo needs to do now is a new Gold Box like game and the complete cRPG INCLINE would be complete.

Semper

Cipher
MCA Project: Eternity
McComb and Cook did so much of work on the PS:T setting among other things..

creating a setting is different from writing interesting dialogue, and the dialogue was torment's strength. the setting was convertible.

Hellraiser

Arcane
If I had the yehudimzahav to spare I would pledge, unfortunately I am on a shoestring budget until I get a better job.

However I do believe that this will be major :incline: just like Wasteland 2 is shaping up to be.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I don't know if this is a good news or a bad one for Garriot. On one hand there is proof kickstarter fatigue is not a thing (not nearly as much as we feared at least) and on the other hand there's launching the day after a big hit.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Oh fuck it, $250 it is then. I want a physical tier and those cocksucking Numenera books.
Some overtime at work should cover this.

:takemymoney:

Take it all Fargo. Enjoy the skin from my fucking back.

Lancehead

Liturgist
I don't know if this is a good news or a bad one for Garriot. On one hand there is proof kickstarter fatigue is not a thing (not nearly as much as we feared at least) and on the other hand there's launching the day after a big hit.
Depends on how many TToN backers are looking forward to LB's game.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer
It made something like 100 k while I was watching the video. Any comment Studio Fawn ?

I wish it were so easy for me :) I'm not a giant multi-million company :P I can't even get the codex to make me a thread :P lol, so, I try to make do with what I can scrape together <3

There is the indie side of kickstarter...and the big business side of kickstarter. Indies have to work harder for less (just how it is).

Notice how they have basically just a story and a couple concept art pieces. If an indie tried to come to kickstarter with that, they would just get trolled so hard lol. ((also notice how they can set their pledge levels higher :P)). Just the way the world is ~_~

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

I think it may impact Gariott's game. But I don't think he is going to be making the kind of game we all want, as opposed to what inXile constantly want's to make, game we want to play that are actual cRPG's. Not shitty action games or social MMO's.

But we shall see on Friday.

4too

Arcane
Attention Deficit Analogue: Pour Another , Just Like The Other

Brother None said:
… I'm going to go buy myself some beers.

Which tier is that? The 10k, Newport Beach turn around?

The Beer tier!

Available as a digital tier or digital low carb only? :cry:

4too

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Not sure about that video. :/ Loads of keywords and namedropping without substance. Also, the premise screamed "visceral" to me - not a good thing. Such a huge infodump when it comes to the story was unnecessary. They basically summarised the entire plot (which sounded too similar to PS:T, for my tastes) so basically the storytelling can have now "emotional impact". Meh...

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not sure about that video. :/ Loads of keywords and namedropping without substance. Also, the premise screamed "visceral" to me - not a good thing. Such a huge infodump when it comes to the story was unnecessary. They basically summarised the entire plot so the storytelling can have now "emotional impact". Also the plot sounded too similar to PS:T.

:lol: But is there a DEVELOPMENT PLAN???

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
:keepmyjewgold:
Until I've seen a finished inXile project and judged its merits for myself, I'm not giving Brian more of my yehudimzahav. If that means no torment, so be it.

Too many buzzwords, too little content in the kickstarter. What happened to all the :obviously: individuals who were screaming "no alpha, no pledge!" in the kickstarter threads a few weeks ago?

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Not sure about that video. :/ Loads of keywords and namedropping without substance. Also, the premise screamed "visceral" to me - not a good thing. Such a huge infodump when it comes to the story was unnecessary. They basically summarised the entire plot so the storytelling can have now "emotional impact". Also the plot sounded too similar to PS:T.

:lol: But is there a DEVELOPMENT PLAN???

BUT OF COURSE THERE IS!! THEY ARE JUST NOT SHOWING IT TO FILTHY PEASANTS LIKE US, BECAUSE WHO WOULD? IT'S NOT LIKE THEY ARE OBLIGED TO. WE LIVE TO GIVE THEM MONEYZ, SCREW THE REST.

What the fuck is going on here? I swear when I checked that kickstarter like an hour or 2 ago it only said 100 something thousand and now its 600k?

This is going to break records for sure

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I thought I was strong.... but no.

I couldn't help but back this.

I mean how could I not, after Fargo's blatant promotion my PST UI mod ? :oops:

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Well, looks nice. I am more interested in the rpg setting/rules/book, and if that is really good, then I will be sure to get excited about this game as it is based on Numenera's rules. We need more crpgs based on pnp rules, like back in the day. I just hope they don't deviate too much from the pnp rules.

Which brings me to another IMPORTANT point:

Will this be turn based or real time? It seems RTwP to me, which would be a huge disappointment. They don't need to emulate PSTs shit combat. (I didn't watch the entire video, just skimmed the page mostly. Fargo seems like a nice and intelligent guy, but he has the on screen charisma of a robot chicken) Also, shame they couldn't get Avellone onboard.

Also, big shame on not offering a tier which includes the pnp books. :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom