Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
dropping the first person for bloodlines would lower the IMMURSHUN. immensely.

He said tabletop fans, not LARP fans. If someone did a turn-based adaptation close to the tabletop rules I'm sure there would be plenty of support, enough to drown out the whiny bitchfaces.

. . .

Okay I'm not sure at all, actually.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Didn't know about the CCP mmo, so i googled it a bit, doesn´t seem like it will come out anytime soon or at all. It´s a pity the license is tied down with an mmo, such a waste of great storytelling potential.

Concerning sci fi worlds that would fit into a good crpg pitch and still have appeal to garner enough fan backing, i figure universes like The Chronicles Of Riddick, I Am Legend, Blade Runner, Mad Max, Terminator, Planet Of The Apes, Escape From New York, District 9 (out of the top of my head) would make for some exciting game concepts.

Kirtai

Augur
Second update is up. Appreciative bonus, stretch goals, housekeeping.

$1.2 million was the "gender choice at character creation". We passed it!
I find it interesting that the female character is the first to have her art done.

There would have been so much rage if the PC was originally meant to be female.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
image-220628-full.jpg

jack__subject_zero__56_by_johntesh-d4vzujx.jpg

:keepmyjewgold:

ripleybald1.jpg

:takemyjewgold:

I brofisted you so hard my room-mate told me to chill out.

ironyuri

Reminds me more of Sinead O'Connor before she got old and fat.

I'd like to dedicate this song to Mr. Brian Fargo and the Majestic Chris Avellone (and to a lesser extent the delicious CMcC and ksaun and Brother None)

It's been ten long years and fifteen days
Since Herve took Black Isle away
I go out every night and sleep all day
Since you been gone I play whatever AAA I want
I can romance whichever NPC I choose
I can play my shooters on a fancy console
But nothing
I said nothing can take away these blues
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me Brian where did gaming go wrong
I could give my money to every AAA I see
But they'd only remind me of you
I went to the GameStop n'guess what they told me
Guess what theytold me
He said "nerd u better try to have fun
Don't matter what games you play"
But he's a fool
`Cause nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

all the turns in you coded, Tim Cain
my dreams of a real Fallout 3
All disappeared when you went away
I know that living with you Brian was sometimes hard
But I'm willing to give it another try
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you
Nothing compares
Nothing compares to you

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
also - I was thinking, maybe let Patrick write for a "plane" or a smaller location inside Ninth world, since i dont think he worked on game dev before, all with the plot for that area and characters in it.
Of course - adjusted for the game as necessary. In addition of working with others and generally helping out, naturally.
The meres are ideal (and intended) for this, if/when we get writers on board whose situation and time available requires more compact, isolated stories, we can assign them to write a mere situation, which can be anywhere on the Ninth world, any weird situation, and whose ties to the main story do not have to be as explicit and direct.

Hey Brother None how about a goal for bringing in Michael T. Weiss for the voice acting ? He did a fantastic job with TNO.
He was p kickass, yes.

hiver

ironyuri

It's been ten long years and fifteen days
I go out every night and sleep all day
:thumbsup:
:bravo:

:bro::yeah:

Kirtai

Augur
Brother None when will you reveal whether the original protagonist was male or female? Or will it be kept secret to generate maximum flamewars spirited discussion? :)

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Brother None when will you reveal whether the original protagonist was male or female? Or will it be kept secret to generate maximum flamewars spirited discussion? :)
Does that need revealing? We showed art of the PC. What gender is the PC on that art? Well then.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Kirtai

Augur
Does that need revealing? We showed art of the PC. What gender is the PC on that art? Well then.
That's what I thought :D

Though many people didn't catch it judging by the arguments I've seen. It'll be interesting to watch the reaction.

hiver

also - I was thinking, maybe let Patrick write for a "plane" or a smaller location inside Ninth world, since i dont think he worked on game dev before, all with the plot for that area and characters in it.
Of course - adjusted for the game as necessary. In addition of working with others and generally helping out, naturally.
The meres are ideal (and intended) for this, if/when we get writers on board whose situation and time available requires more compact, isolated stories, we can assign them to write a mere situation, which can be anywhere on the Ninth world, any weird situation, and whose ties to the main story do not have to be as explicit and direct.
Yeah, something like it. With 9 months to get it right there is enough time to re-iterate and adjust and change. I think he may also like it from the -creating a challenge for the player-, angle.
And it wouldnt take him too far away from his own work and other commitments.
Also, he would probably be a very good asset to collaborate and work with other writers on the team.

Seeing how Rothfuss is rather well known lately, yet still a bro with a right outtake on these things, i thought he may be a good goal to add to the pull to reach such a higher level of funding.
Realistically, im thinking whole kickstarter could end around 3 million, but with some luck and that last push it could reach five, in very optimistic version, and having a big name like that could additionally spread the appeal.
- not here at codex that much, of course but... could be good as a way of reaching other markets.
Especially since the situation is already that Colin wants him in, i dare say whole InXile would like it and he wants in himself (you could prpobably get him to work for free!! as a slave!!) so...

(i also wouldnt be surprised if he is one of those higher tier backers already judging by that last video)

Globbi

Augur

I call shenanigans! You saw people talking about it and now suggest this conspiracy theory was actually true. We know about single concept of PC but we don't know about many, some possibly failed and others not, different concepts of PC of both genders.

Johannes

Arcane
I notice this for the first time and it's 1,8+ mil already? Personally I won't pledge for them since WL2 is not even released so they've not shown ability to make good games yet.

But all the talk of KS fatigue? Yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom