Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
What do you mean by "has no meaning", as in, there are no different genders, or that there are no differences between genders?
There are no genders. The word has no meaning. When genders are included it must have meaning (for it to be a serious storyfag game).

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I notice this for the first time and it's 1,8+ mil already? Personally I won't pledge for them since WL2 is not even released so they've not shown ability to make good games yet.

So you didn't watch the pitch video where they explain that?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
And they are/were? making a VtM MMO.

Obsidian WAS already working on making a VtM game (they were about to make the deal and begin work)... then Whitewolf got sold.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
I notice this for the first time and it's 1,8+ mil already? Personally I won't pledge for them since WL2 is not even released so they've not shown ability to make good games yet.

watching the pitch video made a copy of the game magically appear in your hand so you could test it?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Well, they could just make another vampires-living-in-secret-in-modern-world game.
And either make something mediocre and generic or get sued really hard. The main attractive of Bloodlines was the VTM IP, remove that and there's nothing but a generic action RPG and a bunch of talented VOs.

Well bro I'm sorry but Obsidian just doesn't have the design paradigm to make a good VTM game. Unless they hired Alex. And Grotsnik for writing.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And they are/were? making a VtM MMO.

Obsidian WAS already working on making a VtM game (they were about to make the deal and begin work)... then Whitewolf got sold.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I had to google it, developed by no other than CCP Games (EVE) in Georgia (not the most liberal one I'm affraid). It looks like upgraded Bloodlines version, although video is just a show off in the engine department. Though the information on this project are very limited, maybe it will be cancelled, who know. Too bad the MMO thing is killing interest in me here, don't want "bring me 50 blood packs" quests and all the other features of it.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Too bad the MMO thing is killing interest in me here, don't want "bring me 50 blood packs" quests and all the other features of it.
That's not descriptive of the kind of gameplay this is going to have at all. It's going to be a player-run game. Similarly to the VTM LARP.

Can't draw parallels to any MMO in the market except EVE.

hiver

Best thing about Vampire: Masquerade setting and concept as a whole was traveling through ages, that was represented in Redemption.
Starting in some distant but unusual historic time, and then getting involved and ending up somewhere in the present day. Any game in that setting should have its own take on that, but of course, no new V:M Bloodlines would.

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
And either make something mediocre and generic or get sued really hard.

it seems to be quite hard to sue someone over the use of Elves and Dwarves and Orcs and even mechanics like AoO's, why should vampires be different?

Suggestions:

Vampires - The Disguise

Vampires - The Camouflage

Vampires - The Hide And Seek

Vampires - The Peek-A-Boo

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Does anybody knows if there are going to be possible to romance one of your companions in T:ToN? It would be nice if inXile could add as stretch goal the ability to do that..
I think that the closer Torment is to Mass Effect and Dragon Age, with respect to relationships, the better. Also, full-voice support: I don't want to play as a mute. Let's move to the future.

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
I don't actually understand the fascination with relationships. I just don't get it. At all.
FF_4865.png

imgres
images

Well, you see Billy, when a Man and a Woman have feelings for one another...

Johannes

Arcane

I get why they're doing this this way. But that has nothing to do with my reservations about their game-making capabilities. Best of luck to them anyway, hope they'll make both games enjoyable for me, but I'm not gonna gamble my money on that right now.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
@Olin: And that's a good thing, limiting the amount of dialogue. I hate games with lots of text. I mean, I'm playing a game, not reading a freaking book. I hope this is an action RPG like God of War.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1.9M so fast and they are not even fleecing iTards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom