Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

Rake

Arcane
Now they need to announce a special 'plane dungeon' with multiple levels. On each level, funded by 150,000, there will be a new wacky world to travel to.
We already announced our version of the multi-level dungeon, it's the Castoff's Labyrinth.

They need to announce 2D backrounds. At this point they would make the game way better than an area by Ziets or even MCA
Ok. Keep giving us money and we'll get right on that. :smug:
:DGreedy bastards...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know it's gonna be 2D like PE, they're not gonna recode everything from the ground up. Get real.
And by 3D I mean flattened, pre-rendered backgrounds with 3D models on top like PE.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
You know it's gonna be 2D like PE, they're not gonna recode everything from the ground up. Get real.
And by 3D I mean flattened, pre-rendered backgrounds with 3D models on top like PE.

Your post doesn't make much sense. This is not made by Obsidian.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Haven't they confirmed they share their work/resources with inXile some time ago?
They'll simply share the work they did on PE with inXile. It will be good PR and will save time and money. It'll make Obsidian look good, as well.

It'd be perfect.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Ah.. well, or they could just use what they have from W2 , probably easier than adapting to Obsidian's system.
But yeah, I hope your predictions come true. :salute:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I've got a good feeling about it, especially with the way None has been teasing you guys.

If I'm wrong I'd be pretty disappointed. I don't want 3D free camera Torment. Wasteland 2 can have free cam if it must, but I think for a Torment game you want everyone to see areas the exact same way from the same angle to get the right impact. C'mon, Brother None, whisper sweet whispers.

The least thing I want to do in a Torment-style game is fiddle/worry about the camera. I want to read, talk, absorb, listen. You get the idea.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For some reason I am too concerned about the camera and 2D/3D in this. Obviously, it can't be FP, but that's all that would irritate me. 2D background or full 3D, I don't care. I am saving my vitriol for the bitter fight about combat.

Goddamnit, Kickstarter, I needed that money. At this point I've dropped more on funding 2014 projected drop date games than on any recent releases.

Also, man, McComb looks almost exactly like Neal Stephenson.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Call me a dumbass but I don't give a fuck anymore. Nier taught me that you can slap shit combat on any game- if the game is written well enough, you will tolerate it and love it anyway. Same thing as PS:T, really, or Arcanum, or Deadly Premonition. But I'd never argue that it wouldn't be much, much better with good combat.

hiver

- a reminder - nobody told us how the world will be visually represented - yet.

Arcanum, BG or Fallout, PST?
The map, the traveling?

hiver

Yeah but Wasteland2 has Fallout overland travel, if im not mistaking. With random encounters along the way.

In BG you have only quick travel, in arcanum you can choose to walk or fast travel.
While in Fallout you travel slowly over the map, and even terrain had some effect on the speed.
And PST is just a map of stitched pieces of skin with fast travel.

So... Tides... =?

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
We haven't yet. We'll likely cover it tho, but it's not high on the list of topics. You can always try formspring asking it tho I think they're pretty swamped.

Call me a dumbass but I don't give a fuck anymore. Nier taught me that you can slap shit combat on any game- if the game is written well enough, you will tolerate it and love it anyway. Same thing as PS:T, really, or Arcanum, or Deadly Premonition. But I'd never argue that it wouldn't be much, much better with good combat.
Kevin actually takes combat pretty serious, and it being better than PS:T (low bar, I know) is pretty high on the priority list, but the main focus for that has to do with encounter design, density, alternatives and the way combat ties into other mechanics. The actual mechanics have to be *good*, but lots of systems can be good, hence the "agnostic" part (though it's not secret I'm personally not a huge RTwP fan). At this stage in pre-production, it's pretty normal that you can still go in a lot of directions. As long as it is picked, solidified and built out during pre-production.

hiver

If they are asking about mounts and ships and weather... we should know how the "world" is going to be presented.
because that makes these features more or less relevant.

- ah well, maybe Adam Heine answers in the relevant suggestion posts.

Zeriel

Arcane
Still no 2D stretch goal. Why do they play with my feelings so?!

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
You are the reason we can't have nice things. Dumbass.
What did I do?
Hey, you said we could call you a dumbass.

But the first part is about the "I don't care about combat if the story is awesome".

First they came for the combat,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a combat fag.

Then they came for the art direction,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a graphics whore.

Then they came for the reactivity,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't that into choices & consequences.

Then they came for the writing,
and there was no one left to speak for me :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom