Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Now they need to announce a special 'plane dungeon' with multiple levels. On each level, funded by 150,000, there will be a new wacky world to travel to.
We already announced our version of the multi-level dungeon, it's the Castoff's Labyrinth.

They need to announce 2D backrounds. At this point they would make the game way better than an area by Ziets or even MCA
Ok. Keep giving us money and we'll get right on that. :smug:

"Keep giving US money"....eh BN? You went from Webpage running lackey to CEO of inXile pretty quickly.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
um Brother None is now an inXile employee. Did you miss that commie?

Yeah he's an employee on the lowest rung. That would be like the Janitor at 20th Century Fox telling people that "WE are working on bringing you new serials" in response to particular questions.

Even if he's there at the office getting a whiff of Brian's cologne as he walks by it doesn't suddenly make him an insider or someone that is actively working on the project.

But megalomania is a standard trait of web 'journalists' so he can be forgiven. Would be worse if he ended up a Total Biscuit or Angry Joe.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What I mean is that sometimes, a game has parts that are so good that they end up far outweighing otherwise flawed parts. We should still demand them to avoid flaws, but that's what I meant. Lots of great games have flaws.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Exactly. And change your shitty Avatar commie. Or I am taking you off my BROlist.

Why? I thought everyone loved Josh! And Josh larping about is even more AWESUM!!!!!!

Anyway I've been a BRO to all except right wing scum for years and never got inducted into the special BRO halls here so to hell with that. I see only that to Prosper and get a custom tag or other benefits here, you only have to act like a tard and everything will be handed to you on a platter.

You gotta start somewhere. Sawyer was a web designer on Interplay...

But I bet he didn't claim ownership over everything from day one as BN has.

Kirtai

Augur
Isn't Brother None supposed to represent inXile in forums and such?

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Exactly. And change your shitty Avatar commie. Or I am taking you off my BROlist.

Why? I thought everyone loved Josh! And Josh larping about is even more AWESUM!!!!!!

No only Roguey stalks/worships the ground he walks on the rest of us wonder what in the hell he is doing.

Hmm, well it made me wonder too, hence my use of that avatar. It annoys me too, but haven't found a suitable alternative yet.

Isn't Brother None supposed to represent inXile in forums and such?

Could be, though the manner of representation seems a tad exaggerrated. Of course it could be just BN relishing his new role and rubbing the faces of the jealous Codex(myself included) in it. :))

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I have input on every Kickstarter-related decision (though obviously I'm well below the highest decision-makers, yes, very entry-level low-rung) and do a lot of work on the presentation side, writing passes etc. My job will consist of more than that especially as we build it out after the Kickstarter, but right now all my focus is on this. I don't actually do anything on the website, that's all Joby usually. I don't want to come across as arrogant but it's actually weird not to say "we" on a topic I've been talking about with Kevin and Brian just today. Not to mention the money will be paying my wages so y'know :P Still, sorry! :(

Anyway. 2 million!!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
He works for them so he can say 'we.' Not like sports fans who say 'we' even though they don't own, work, or play for a team.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
He works for them so he can say 'we.' Not like sports fans who say 'we' even though they don't own, work, or play for a team.
Oh Frith, but I do that too :( Go Hawks! We'll win that Superbowl next season!

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Tell Fargo to 'hire' me as legal adviser/assistant general counsel for $1 so I can say 'we' and make commie mad.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I have input on every Kickstarter-related decision (though obviously I'm well below the highest decision-makers, yes, very entry-level low-rung) and do a lot of work on the presentation side, writing passes etc. My job will consist of more than that especially as we build it out after the Kickstarter, but right now all my focus is on this. I don't actually do anything on the website, that's all Joby usually. I don't want to come across as arrogant but it's actually weird not to say "we" on a topic I've been talking about with Kevin and Brian just today. Not to mention the money will be paying my wages so y'know :P Still, sorry! :(

Anyway. 2 million!!

As long as you fight the good fight against the shitty pop a mole (with your voice), it is all good Brother None.

:salute:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Part of my job description is standing behind Fargo and whenever he starts going "hey, but what about social?", I start swatting him with a rolled up newspaper and going "no! Bad idea!"

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
For those interested in such things. Project Eternity had 1.1 million after 2 days (according to kicktrac, so actually more like 31 hours). And it took until the 9th day to pass 2 million.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Part of my job description is standing behind Fargo and whenever he starts going "hey, but what about social?", I start swatting him with a rolled up newspaper and going "no! Bad idea!"

I realize this is a joke, but is he still toying with this idea? You know, in general, not for Torment.

Kirtai

Augur
Brian Fargo ‏@BrianFargo
The most important thing now is that we MUST deliver and we will do whatever it takes to make that happen. #nomoresleep
I'm really glad to see awareness of this.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I realize this is a joke, but is he still toying with this idea? You know, in general, not for Torment.
I general, for a different genre? Sure. But for these kind of games with this Kickstarter audience? Nah. And that's the kind of games he wants to keep making for a long, long time now, so he's pretty much moved on from that.

jewboy

Arbiter
Brother None, what kind of stuff are you going to be doing later on? Anything interesting? Are you coder?

winterraptor

Cipher
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
And that's the kind of games he wants to keep making for a long, long time now

Well, then, for the sanctity of the future, InXile needs to look into getting a food and drink tester to make sure he isn't poisoned mysteriously, since, you know, he's Sticking It To The Man and all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom