Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News "What can change the nature of a game?" - Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter is LIVE

hiver

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2013/03/torment-tides-of-numenera/

Tens of thousands of gamers have already plunked down between $25 and $65 to get their hands on a copy of the game when it releases, but a surprising amount of its record-smashing funding is coming from big-time donors flinging bundles of cash in the five- and six-figure ranges at the game’s publisher, inXile Entertainment.

Backer Steven Dengler says he will pledge $100,000 (if the Kickstarter reaches the $3 million mark) for a chance to play the followup to the game he calls a “landmark” in his life.
“[Planescape] is the most rewarding game I’ve ever played,” he told Wired in a phone interview.

Dengler, CEO of the currency conversion services site XE.com, is a prolific Kickstarter backer. As an angel investor with a passion for classic PC games, he’s bankrolled Psychonauts publisher Double Fine in excess of $1 million to get new games out the door.
“The appeal of a Kickstarter is as much about rewarding people for what they’ve done in the past as it is helping them to create new [projects],” Dengler says.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Too bad the MMO thing is killing interest in me here, don't want "bring me 50 blood packs" quests and all the other features of it.
That's not descriptive of the kind of gameplay this is going to have at all. It's going to be a player-run game. Similarly to the VTM LARP.

Can't draw parallels to any MMO in the market except EVE.

Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it could be interesting after all. Oh, wait

"They want to make the game as accessible as possible, and this is one of their criteria for success. So they want it to be fun for both hardcore and casual gamers."

:roll:

but on the other hand

"The game will not be combat-intensive, unless you choose to play it that way." Political maneuverings will get a PC further ahead than being the toughest character in town.

"Factions and territories will be a big part of the game."

Time will tell how it's gonna be.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And either make something mediocre and generic or get sued really hard.

it seems to be quite hard to sue someone over the use of Elves and Dwarves and Orcs and even mechanics like AoO's, why should vampires be different?

Suggestions:

Vampires - The Disguise

Vampires - The Camouflage

Vampires - The Hide And Seek

Vampires - The Peek-A-Boo

Vampires - Shirking from License Payment

Diablo169

Arcane
Since Ziets already posted on formspring that he would at best only be able to do an area design given his commitments to Eternity I do feel that the stretchgoal is a bit misleading. Still it's nice to have him onboard.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Counting Brian Fargo's 10% they already crossed the 2 billions mark.

Edit : 2 millions. My bad, I no speak english :oops:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
TWO BILLION!?

yGTFY.gif
forever

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
Nice update. I honestly didnt't thought that they would get Ziets. That Collin guy is awesome, by the way. :nohomo:

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
that's a whole lotta novella's!

will they be tie-ins to the game (like prequel's and backstories of characters we may come across, the immortal master perhaps) or simply independent tales of Numenera?

Rake

Arcane
They need to announce 2D backrounds. At this point they would make the game way better than an area by Ziets or even MCA

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Now they need to announce a special 'plane dungeon' with multiple levels. On each level, funded by 150,000, there will be a new wacky world to travel to.
We already announced our version of the multi-level dungeon, it's the Castoff's Labyrinth.

They need to announce 2D backrounds. At this point they would make the game way better than an area by Ziets or even MCA
Ok. Keep giving us money and we'll get right on that. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom