Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

thesoup

Arcane
It has character builds unlike HR.:smug:

thesoup

Arcane
HR has no specialization. In IW my tactic was to become invisibru, run to a robot, tag him for a takeover and run back to hide in a shaft. Then I'd control the robot and murder everyone in the room. Can't do shit like this in HR. All of this (speed run, invisibility, robot takeover) was possible due to augs.
Also in IW you can kill children.

gromit

Arcane
Psshhh, you guys call that wasting time? Ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

Someone didn't believe me that Curiosity: What's In The Box: Put The Gun Down: No What's In The Box existed, so I installed it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Deus Ex with all the pretty mods. I let Paul die this time, just for fun.

Far Cry: Blood Dragon. It's amusing.

Thinking of starting an Arx Fatalis playthrough soon. Would be my first one since the game came out. Arx Libertatis is the main reason why.

Also eying Risen 2 and wondering if it's finally time to discover the decline.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have never played Arx Fartalis either, I did buy it on GoG a while back, might give it a spin today.

Wasted a few more hours of my life with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (plus ZRP bugfix patch). Talked with Wolf, he rewards me for killing some boars (I don't remember doing that, but the reward is a shitty radioactive stone so okay), then he directs me to his men, for they plan to invade the barn where bandits are keeping a kidnapped dude. We eventually clear the place out, but military people decked in Godlike armor inexplicably show up and murder the survivors, me included. Load game, march towards the barn again, find out I'm alone. Puzzled, I check the PDA and "Meet with Wolf's men" is colored in red. I look towards the military guys (who are oddly located right beside the little ninja stalker village), and sure enough, tho bodies of Wolf's men are scattered at their feet.

I remove my palm from my face with the help of a spatula, and manage to loot the bodies without the soldiers noticing (the leader had an artifact which had a different name but does the same thing as the one I have, giving slight protection against bullets but give you radiation poisoning - predictably, it's useless against the archdemons' hellfire soldiers' rifles), and decide to take on the bandits alone.

The aiming is FUCKED unless you take a while to line up each shot and you need at least a full clip to down a bandit, which forces me to :popamole:, but I manage to kill the thugs and loot the farm.

I find the kid in a corner, he gives me his Flash Drive, a quest to find a better suit of armor and then walks back towards the camp. I worry a little when I notice he plans to walk right in front of the soldiers, but I soon forget about that. I arrive at Stalkerville, enter the Trader's manhole and chat with him for a bit, trading all the guns I found for one medkit and one bottle of vodka. While I am wondering what a jew is doing soe deep into Russian territory, I suddenly get a bunch of Quest Failed on the left side of the screen, in rapid sucession. Fearing the worst, I rush out of the shop.

Corpses.

Corpses everywhere.

The soldiers could not forgive QuestKid's treacherous crime of walking past them to get back home. They invaded the village and slaughtered everyone. Wolf, QuestKid, Guy With The Banjo Playing By The Fireside, everyone. Apparently I was spared because they didn't think of inspecting the trader's manhole.

I pick up my jaw from the floor, and decide to make the most of this situation. The area is completely deserted, the attacking soldiers were killed as well, and they drop sweet rifles. I take a quick look at my new gun, then stay put a few seconds to think a little. A boar and two new soldiers walk into town, one shoots me with pinpoint accuracy in the face. Load game?

Holy fucking shit.

I had fun, but these soldiers are making this borderline unplayable. Is there any reason irritable enemies with awesome armor and weapons are stationed right outside the beginning areas?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Can't remember running into any bugs like that (although I played the Complete mod). Story-wise the base is there to prevent people from coming in/out of the zone.

Yeah, but according to the trader their base is to the South. While the town entrance is technically to the south of his shop, I imagine he means they are stationed in some of the buildings in the horizon. His warnings not to annoy them by crossing their path would sound a bit more reasonable if they kept to their side of the playground.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's been a couple of years since I played. I think I remember a patrol or something but don't remember them attacking the newbie camp. Later there's a mission to infiltrate the place and steal some documents.

Grim Monk

Arcane
Deus Ex: Human Revolutions for the first time.

Its much better then I expected...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just finished Tomb Raider. Better than expected, but I expected garbage, so...

Started playing Dishonored again to see if combat is more fun than stealth. Well, it is... but that's not what's wrong with the game. Why must every stealth-game/hybrid construct such a binary choice-system? To get the best score, either kill no-one or go on a mudering spree! Deus Ex and other good games like this were so fun because you decided for each obstacle how to approach it. Nowadays these games just ask you at the beginning of a playthrough: "Lethal or non-lethal?" and send you on your merry.

It's a damned shame too, because the levels are really cool. Been a long time since I've seen verticality implemented like this, crawling on roof-tops and shit.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Playing Metro every so often. Game is very atmospheric, but the gameplay is just... meh.

Also doing a Grand Campaign on A Bridge Too Far.

The soldiers are keeping their distance now that I restarted, looks like there's one patrol that haves them pass in front of the village. One of the stalkers must have shot a wild animal or something and the soldiers interpreted that as an attack.

But now the trader's door's physics bugged out and it's almost closed. A google search tells me this is common, because of the pile of boxes he keeps next to the door, if you so much as touch them they'll fall towards the door and effectively close it, because it's not interactive like a chest. The only ways to open the door is to either jump against it for 5 minutes until it opens or chucking a grenade downstairs and hope it reaches the door. One post actually encourages you to use one of the boxes as a doorstop so that won't happen again.

I don't even feel anything anymore. The game just doesn't want to be played.

5auAF.gif

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Isn't there a no-clip cheat you can temporarily use to get behind that door?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Use another mod. Maybe Lurk if you don't like the Complete mod.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finished Zeno Clash 2 yesterday. Now I'm considering a playthrough of Civilization IV, as I've never finished it, but lately I enjoy this series only in multiplayer, so I'll probably pass.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This is not ZRP behaviour. My guess is you're using another mod (did someone say Complete?) that is fucking up your game. In that case the user is as usual to blame and not the game. You can go back to being foreveralone.

or just uninstall all these shitty mods that add nothing and play vanilla+ZRP the way this game is meant to tbe played

if you're not using anything other than ZRP and getting all these bugs then I apologize for the snarkiness and the game just hates you

Wasted a few more hours of my life with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (plus ZRP bugfix patch)

redding is teh hardses?:rpgcodex:

No, the game hates my huge guts. Well, it hates a lot of people's guts.

"stalker shadow of chernobyl trader door won't open"

About 233,000 results (0.31 seconds)

Funny thing is that this door bug was ]supposed to be fixed in 1.003, and I have 1.005 (last version).

:love:

I'll try this tonight.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started playing Amnesia The Dark Descent, but I'm not sure if I will be able to continue. This game scares the living shit out of me, and I can only play in the evenings, with headphones on (small baby sleeping nearby, so speakers are out).

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you afraid Daniel? Well, you should be.

Grabbed Penumbra trilogy after playing this one, but after Amnesia I need some r&r with other titles. So your reaction is understandable.

DraQ

Arcane
This is not ZRP behaviour. My guess is you're using another mod (did someone say Complete?) that is fucking up your game. In that case the user is as usual to blame and not the game. You can go back to being foreveralone.

or just uninstall all these shitty mods that add nothing and play vanilla+ZRP the way this game is meant to tbe played
Zis.

As for Sid's door, this is semi frequent bug (as in known to have occured to some people) - try to sprint at the door or knock some object into them. The idea is to slam them hard and make them bounce open - try not to get in their way when they do.

Wasted a few more hours of my life with Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl (plus ZRP bugfix patch)

redding is teh hardses?:rpgcodex:

Soldier clusterfuck is definitely not part of the vanilla/ZRP behaviour.

As for enemy durability, aim more, shoot less.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom