Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
You need high intelligence and wisdom to be able to see some of the best parts of the game. Except high strength to rescue Morte when he is in trouble if you make a poor choice in the Abyss. It may be that the puzzle is not false after all, since the knowledge had to come from somewhere and your evil self may have been too clever for his own good. It's left ambiguous. The two conversations with Dak'kon that you missed elevated him to my favorite NPC of the game. If there was ever a Planescape sequel made in Sigil, I'd love to play as the newly confidant swordsmen-philosopher Dak'kon. Slaying the wicked with his sword and the power of his mind. Alas, it will never be.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I'm confused. Is it supposed to be an adventure game or some kind of stupid original, innovative piece of indie hip crap?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm confused. Is it supposed to be an adventure game or some kind of stupid original, innovative piece of indie hip crap?

Its not an adventure game.
Basically your an officer at a border checkpoint, you admit people through after you see their documents. The game additionally adds more things to check.

A game that teaches you to fear and distrust your fellow man? Who developed it, Homeland Security? Have we truly come to this?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Playing Dishonored DLC and remembered why I got so dissapointed with this game. With every fucking enemy nearby magically knowing your position after a mistake, a stealth aproach can easily degenerate into a bloodfest. Carefully avoided all five guards inside of a building and made a mistake on the last guard, now you have to fight all guards anyway, so, or you press stop time (also called cheat button) and click one time on the head of each enemy, you die and have to reload or you reload imediatly anyway.Boy, I hate save scumming and if you want to finish each level for the first time, without knowing the enemy positions, it is required if you don't want to turn everything into a messy bloodfest. It was a bit unrealistic on thief that guards rarely warned each other for the presence of a intruder, but it made sense gameplaywise, guards warning each other so you have to fight 3 or more guards to die is a consequence of one guard being very easy to kill. The addition of the choke bomb kinda makes this problem less annoying but navigating on closed space with small rooms with everybody searching for you is annoying.

With the exception of the first mission ,that I really liked, the second and last missions uses alot of recycled art assets without adding anything new gameplaywise and Daude can talk but have even less personality than Corvo.They took out the shadows so they had to add convinently placed points on a high position, it isn't as bad as Deux Ex Human Revolutions convenient ventilation tunnels but it is always better to approach a position from above because the enemy guards don't have a neck and can't look up most of time and there are way fewer guards on the high ground than the streets. The DLC missions have more guards on higher positions but it's still way better to approach using the rooftops.

Rhalle

Magister
Finally got around to Path of Exile. It's better than Torchlight in many ways; inferior in some, mostly technical.

PoE is a little rough around the edges while Torchlight is, of course, beautifully polished.

I have to admit I'm not sure what exactly is going on with the lore and the plot in PoE much of the time, but it is really well-written-- perhaps even too well-written for an always-online loot grinder with a cash shop, if such a thing is possible.

The massive skill network is a highlight. I think I've spent as much time theorycrafting as I have levelling.

Verdict: :incline:

Cassidy

Arcane
I have been intermittently playing the following for a while, giving breaks on some, then returning once new versions, fan missions or map packs are released, and so on. It is good there are still enough good sandbox games and ones with surviving modding communities left:

Crusader Kings II
Europa Universalis III
Victoria II
Darkest Hour, a Hearts of Iron game.
Medieval II Total War
Civilization IV
Jagged Alliance 2 1.13
Mount and Blade: Warband
Thief: The Dark Project
Thief II
The Dark Mod
Deus Ex
Skulltag (Strife, Doom and Doom II)
Build Engine based projects
Unreal
Unreal Tournament with Oldskool for single-player maps
Freespace 2 SCP
Doom The Roguelike
Dwarf Fortress
UnReal World
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Arcanum now after beating PST.

Playing as an Elf Mage. But I can't seem to beat golems so I might give up on it. Honestly the game's most redeeming feature are the city quests, and even those are annoying as fuck because doing fed-ex quests in and out of Tarant is like circumcising yourself with a lobster claw. Such an extremely flawed game. I liked it way back, but I don't understand people who think it's the best RPG of all time.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
I agree it's not the best out there, but it's one of the best ever made. It took a lot of standard fantasy RPG conventions and stood them on their head, had multiple solutions for quests, an array of party NPCs you had to play through the game several times in order to experience, multiple endings, and some decent side quests. I would have liked to see what the development team would have improved upon in the series if they had not gone under.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Finally got to T'sen-Ang in Arcanum, lost my saves/willpower three times around that point in the game. Finding so much stuff I had missed previously, great game.

Also I've been playing AC2 :oops: Surprisingly long for a modern game, 15 hours and I'm still not done, even without doing majority of the side missions.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Also I've been playing AC2 :oops: Surprisingly long for a modern game, 15 hours and I'm still not done, even without doing majority of the side missions.

All of them from 2 up have a ton of fucking content. That's why it amuses me they offer dinky little side missions as DLC and people actually care.

Indranys

Savant
Just starting to play Front Mission 5 with english patch after replaying Romance of Three Kingdoms 6 and Dark Sun again and again.
And I'll keep on playing Arma 2+CO, M&B Warband, and JA2 plus their respective mods spontaneously every now and then.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just started playing Dreamweb (UK CD-Rom Version) tonight for the first time ever. So far (just killed the first target) it's fucking awesome, and anyone who doesn't like this game should not be allowed to discuss computer games. I read the diary of a madman before starting and it really did a fantastic job of getting me in the mood for this game.

bertram_tung

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just started playing Dreamweb (UK CD-Rom Version) tonight for the first time ever. So far (just killed the first target) it's fucking awesome, and anyone who doesn't like this game should not be allowed to discuss computer games. I read the diary of a madman before starting and it really did a fantastic job of getting me in the mood for this game.

:love:

Read further back in the thread and saw that it was you who recommended that I should read the diary beforehand, so thanks for that! It definitely has made it a more enjoyable experience so far, although I think the game would be very enjoyable even without it.

It's a shame that games don't even come with a fucking manual these days, let alone additional reading to establish the setting/atmosphere. That needs to come back.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
I've bought Hearts of Iron 3 key for 3 potato units.
GOD DAMN, this game fucking sucks. How could they went so fucking downhill from HoI2? Unbelieveable.News at eleven, Wisła isn't flowing through Warsaw anymore, it's up to the north. Kiev isn't lying by Dnieper as well :lol: Non paradox game is perfect on that, but come the fuck on.
Already deleted, if I feel urge to play this kind of game, I will just install my HoI2.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
SO BROS SERPENT ISLE NECER GOT GOING GOT ANNOYED WITH MY TABLET DOABOX

INTEREST IN DIVITY 2 IS WANING NOW THAY I AM IN FLAMES OF WRATH BUT I MIGHT FINISH IT

I AM PLAYING CONQUEST OF ELYAIUM 3 A BUNCH I CALL IT THE AWESOME GAMEAT WORK TO MY BUDDY WHO THINKS ITS SHIT CAUSE IT LOOKS OLKD

LOLOLOL HE SAYS IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE BY A THIRTY YEAR OLD OVERWEIFHT VIRGIN LIVING IN HOS MOMS BASEMENT AND PROGRAMMING WITH ONE HAND WHILE FURIOUSLY JERKING OFF WITH THE OTHER

Repressed Homosexual
Fire Emblem on 3DS and Soul Hackers, I alternate between the two.

My wife when not tending to our son, spends most all of her time playing Puzzle Quest while listening to TV shows. She really spends tons of hours on this, and she looks near the end of it. She says she wants to get Puzzle Quest 2 after that.

It doesn't look too bad as far as casual time wasters go.

Multi-headed Cow

LOLOLOL HE SAYS IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE BY A THIRTY YEAR OLD OVERWEIFHT VIRGIN LIVING IN HOS MOMS BASEMENT AND PROGRAMMING WITH ONE HAND WHILE FURIOUSLY JERKING OFF WITH THE OTHER
It does. That's why it's so appealing to me.

circ

Arcane
Homeworld Cataclysm, because I wanted to try and forget my vicious anal rape by some guy with a mutated gearbox for a cock. I seemed to remember a slightly different game. Kinda bored with the units and the UI is pretty annoying. I think HW2 fixed the UI and units pretty much, maybe I'll play that next.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom