Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
I'm playing Battlefield 3 Multiplayer. :oops:

Yeah yeah I know, but it's the first online FPS that I actually enjoy.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS BEEN PLAYING WARBAND A TON STILL FINALY GOT A GOOD KINGDOM GOING ON A DECENT DIFFICULT AND NOW JUST AT THE END OF GAME MARCH

PLAYING UNEPIC IN BETWEEN VERY FUN GAME SO FAR

FININSHED RENEGADE OPS ON THE FAGBOX AND IT WAS OK NOW PLAYING JUST CAUSE 2 I JUST LIKE TO BLOW RANDOM SHIT UP KILLING MOTHERFUCKERS

Repressed Homosexual
The following mission has a dragon who comes and stalks you burning one of your buildings and anyone that gets in his way every three minutes, and you're surrounded by tons of baby dragon nests who come and spit fire on all of your buildings and units. This game is quite hard, these baby dragons don't give me any time to develop further.

Modron

Arcane
The following mission has a dragon who comes and stalks you burning one of your buildings and anyone that gets in his way every three minutes, and you're surrounded by tons of baby dragon nests who come and spit fire on all of your buildings and units. This game is quite hard, these baby dragons don't give me any time to develop further.

Yeah that mission was pretty rage inducing at times; finished it and uninstalled majesty 2 will go back to it later but i got a huge fucking backlog on steam to work through. Currently slogging my way through red alert 3's campaign missions about 1 a day is all I can tolerate.

Belami

Educated
Might have to check it out ;/
I only played Diablo 3 for like 40-50 hour's on it's release than never touched it again

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm wrapping up MM3 I think I will be done with it sometime this week. I was planning to go and try Worlds of Xeen next, but I heard it is a much better game than Swords of Xeen, so I may play Swords first and save the better for later. I also still have Underwold: Gold to tackle and may jump onto that since it plays more like MM1 and MM2 did, than MM3. Decisions, decisions.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
For the past month or so, I've been playing Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Natural Selection 2, and Zeus/Poseidon (Acropolis). Stealth Bastard Deluxe is an absolutely brutal platformer if you try for a high score on the leaderboards; you'll face stiff competition from autistic Asians grown in cloning vats if you want to hit the top 20 on any map. It's not difficult to get in the top 0.1% of all players though, since most people fail at everything, including video games with one D-pad and a jump button. NS2 is an interesting co-op/team-vs-team twitch shooter with a high learning curve, and I'm enjoying it so far. If you don't know what Zeus is, fuck off.

Next year, I expect to not be playing video games at all until Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is released for the WiiU, at which point I will purchase a WiiU just for that game. I'll likely resell it when I'm through.

After that, I'll be waiting for Wasteland 2, Grimoire ( :roll: ), Limit Theory and all the other Kickstarter/crowdfunding projects I've pledged for.

Cool name

Arcane
I did just finish Hard Nova a few days ago. I will begin with Spirit of Excalibur tonight in preparation for the Let's Play I am to begin once I do finish the Hard Nova one. I did also begin to play through the entire Resident Evil saga so that I can play through 6 well immersed on the cheesiness and the Leon-ness.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
UNEPIC IS SUPRISINGLY COMPETENT

THE KINGDOM OF FREEDOMLAND LED BY KING BRO IS SLOWY APPORAIVHING VICTORY

Cool name

Arcane
@ Crooked Bee: I do think Spirit of Excalibur and its sequel do look beautiful, I do enjoy Arthurian myth, and I do feel the game does very well capture the mood of the chanson de geste and the chivalric romance (which does make them inherently superior to most other games about knights and damsels and kings). Yet I do find increasingly difficult to finish games. Even games I do truly love and I do truly want to play I can play but for a few hours before I do lose all interest on them. Only a few games are exempt from this rule. To make a Let's Play does help me with this to an extent. SCO did suggest to Let's Play the game to me on another thread and I did like the idea as it will give me the chance to play the games to the end. Hopefully. I am also about to get sick with Science Fiction. I did just about use the entirety of very small yearly allotment of interest in the genre. I do want to save what does remain of it to finish the Reunion Let's Play.

Does the Bee most charming not like the game?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does the Bee most charming not like the game?

I do like it, but I only played it briefly and didn't finish it, so it's still on my (very long) to-finish list. I was just curious why you chose this particular game.

I quite understand what you say about losing interest in a game, any game, after a few hours in. That happens to me too these days, and all too often.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Still chugging along with Derpsiders although a bit too much platforming for my tastes. I'd prefer more A for Awesome combat and less simplistic yet tedious puzzle solving. Thirty plus minutes or more in a row segments of backtracking and jumping/climbing gets old fast.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Finished Derpsiders in twenty or so hours. Not that I can complain too much about a game I got for about a quarter but the ratio of platforming to combat action is overwhelmingly boring. A good 70% or so of the game is dicking around with platforming mechanics ripped off from Portal, Bionic commando, and other games in the genre. Another 10% is the horribly overscripted boss fights that present zero challenge once you figure out the gimmick (and going on far too long requiring you to repeat the same scripted events four or five times) leaving only about 20% of good ol' push A for Awesome hack-n-slash combat. Which makes me wonder why they'd have such an elaborate system of item upgrades and attack maneuvers for sale from the vendor dude when you barely use them. I actually only bought two attacks and I'm sure you could easily finish the game on hard with nothing but the default abilities.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom