Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Did Oil Rig. Killed the President, had to fight through bunch of Enclave with Pulse rifles (didn't know they had those, heh) and hacked the turrets to kill Horrigan. Granite somehow got aggro'd as well, so I didn't get Horrigan's death speech.
You have to hack the turrets before speaking to Horrigan, right?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah.
The turrets should be destroyed first if they have not been hacked.
I've seen them do triple digit damage even with Advanced Power Armor MK2 equipped...
You should also take a Psycho befote the fight.
I like not hacking the turrets, makes for a more challenging final boss fight.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah.
I've seen them do triple digit damage even with Advanced Power Armor MK2 equipped...
Tell me about it. If you try taking your companions with you past the foyer you get one shot by them as soon as you screen transition. I don't know what gun they have but I want it.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah.
Tell me about it. If you try taking your companions with you past the foyer you get one shot by them as soon as you screen transition. I don't know what gun they have but I want it.
According to the Fallout wiki, they are all loaded with dual miniguns that fire .223 FMJ rounds.
That's where all the damage comes from, those damn turrets are effectively firing dual Bozars at you!

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Yeah.
According to the Fallout wiki, they are all loaded with dual miniguns that fire .223 FMJ rounds.
That's where all the damage comes from, those damn turrets are effectively firing dual Bozars at you!
Bozars are 15 rounds a burst. Miniguns are 40.

If it is Bozars firing minigun style, you are looking at the equivalent of 5+ Bozars per turret per turn.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Funnily enough, that's basically the Avenger Minigun in Tactics.
Instead of 5mm it uses 5.56, which is basically .223.
The Avenger in tactics is pretty nice. Unfortunately it falls off late game because robots are really tough.
The Avenger in Tactics comes into play when you have supermutants running around. Do yourself a favour and don't bother. Stick with the SAW if you are going big guns.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I think it is time for some:
tumblr_inline_nqtey6VlAR1ql29b5_400.gif

Haven't played one of my favorite games in a long while...

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I bought Felvidek at full price. Haven't done it since Mass Effect 2 I believe.

The game is not amazing yet, but I'm still optimistic.

Also bought Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. Only played the demo when the game came out and I could never find a working torrent.

Had very little time to play those two, but I'm looking forward to some finite gameplay after wasting time with Into the Breach and Slay the Spire.

Kuruwin

Novice
Part of my retro PC month, I just beat original Unreal.

images

Moody shooter that is hammpered by two things. First is that most of the level's are really dark. You do have flashlight in the game but only as pick up item with limited battery so that's that. You also get flares, but you aren't going to bother keep switching between items to thrown them. Second problem is the level design. Compared to lot of other old shooters the level's aren't really bad but it can be pain to sometimes to proceed because of how big some of the area's are and you have to push a button there to be able to move on somewhere else. Not a huge issues but feel's like padding. The game also could have used some trimming and maybe few of the level's should have been removed. Otherwise Unreal is pretty decent shooter and kinda forgotten. Unreal Tournament does get's it share of love, but this game doesn't.

Kuruwin

Novice
First is that most of the level's are really dark.

$5 says you played with a buggy renderer where most of the lights don't work

Already unistalled the game so it's too late to see whether there was issue or not. I went and finished the "Return To Na Pali" which was outsourced sequel. Level's in this one were more straightforward but also pretty bland and later half just keep's trowing skaarj after skaarj after skaarj and the game became rather tedious. Luckily this was pretty short and only took little over 3 hours.

Hell Swarm

Learned
I put an hour into Earthbound and it's one of the worst console RPGs I've ever played. There's so much wasted dialog and 'XD SO RANDUM" non-sense cluttering the game. "Jeff is casting a spell! Jeff started crying" just wasted text and doing nothing in battle. It's trying to have style but I find it disrespectful to the players time for so much of the dialog to be poorly written non-sense garbage

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Playing some Heretic and will also do a Hexen run (probably as the Warrior class).
The expansion I will play as a Mage instead.

Zlaja

Arcane
I tried that new free-to-play multiplayer looter shooter called 'The First Descendant', and I've been playing it a bit the last few days. It's kinda like a mix of Destiny and Warframe. I kinda enjoy the gameplay, the fast paced movement, and getting better weapons and shit. The design overall feels very much like Destiny, where you go to various hub worlds and do various tasks and missions, with other players running around (unless you opt for a private lobby). There's also instances/dungeons you queue up for. The story is generic shit, but who the fuck cares?

Since this is a F2P game, there's obviously a shop with a wide variety of overpriced stuff. Unfortunately, it's not just cosmetics, but you can also buy high level crafting materials and xp-boosts. Pretty gay, but expected. What isn't gay, though, is the female character design. Some quality waifu material here. Thankfully, you can get most of the playable characters by doing some grinding, so no need to pay for those, unless you just have to have that one specific character immediately. All characters have their own special skills that use MP, which makes all characters play somewhat differently, so it's worth trying them all out.

Last edited:

Hell Swarm

Learned
I tried that new free-to-play multiplayer looter shooter called 'The First Descendant', and I've been playing it a bit the last few days. It's kinda like a mix of Destiny and Warframe. I kinda enjoy the gameplay, the fast paced movement, and getting better weapons and shit. The design overall feels very much like Destiny, where you go to various hub worlds and do various tasks and missions, with other players running around (unless you opt for a private lobby). There's also instances/dungeons you queue up for. The story is generic shit, but who the fuck cares?

Since this is a F2P game, there's obviously a shop with a wide variety of overpriced stuff. Unfortunately, it's not just cosmetics, but you can also buy high level crafting materials and xp-boosts. Pretty gay, but expected. What isn't gay, though, is the female character design. Some quality waifu material here. Thankfully, you can get most of the playable characters by doing some grinding, so no need to pay for those, unless you just have to have that one specific character immediately. All characters have their own special skills that use MP, which makes all characters play somewhat differently, so it's worth trying them all out.
It feels like 3rd person Destiny 2. I wish the quests had some depth to them but the ones I've done so far feel like busy work.

Bunny is incredibly annoying. If I could kill her I would.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm planning on: Tropico 6.
Ne5xus5X.
Last Epoch.
Spells Secrets.
Lost Village.
Drug Dealer Simulator.
Stardew Valley.

Now the question is where I'd get time when I decided to replay Rome II, and WH II.
Also I managed to create a cat Girl in Amazing Cultivation Simulator.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I put an hour into Earthbound and it's one of the worst console RPGs I've ever played. There's so much wasted dialog and 'XD SO RANDUM" non-sense cluttering the game. "Jeff is casting a spell! Jeff started crying" just wasted text and doing nothing in battle. It's trying to have style but I find it disrespectful to the players time for so much of the dialog to be poorly written non-sense garbage
You are playing as 8 year old assholess, not as some kind of 22 year old superhero. And that bee is imbecile.

It's decent game if you can accept what you are playing, and your limitations. (Also it's technologically outdated. Imagine it like GTA V. You got 3 star wanted level for not being in your school.)

Hell Swarm

Learned
You are playing as 8 year old assholess, not as some kind of 22 year old superhero. And that bee is imbecile.

It's decent game if you can accept what you are playing, and your limitations. (Also it's technologically outdated. Imagine it like GTA V. You got 3 star wanted level for not being in your school.)
It's not about playing as kids. The phone/save points spew dialog at you when you just want to save. The opening of the game is walking up a hill to walk back down then walk up it with enemies. It's really offensively time wastey.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Beat Banjo Kazooie for first time since was a kid two months ago, now started Banjo Tooie, which unlike original I only vaguely remember and never beat. Think I watched brother finish it, but can't remember later levels, because I quit when I tried to play it again about fifteen years ago. Such a long opening, damn. Must have been the first game I played with super long-ass Metal Gear Solid-style opening. Walk a little, another bunch of cutscenes.

Edit: Yeah, by time I was finally in first collect-a-thon world, had to take a break.

Last edited:

TC Jr

Scholar
Doing a New Vegas run with Viva New Vegas* and this radio mod**. I also made a lot of tweaks to make it a bit more realistic without going overboard, as I feel a lot of NV mods strive for a Stalker experience but it doesn't work in this game lol.

I've played this stupid game too death so I'm striving for a blind-playthrough, so to speak.
I'll post my tweak options if anyone's interested but the main noticeable ones are:
No fast travel unless I have unique nukas (logic-wise, it's retarded but I like having finite options for fast travel),
Can only repair at a workbench (no more picking up every gun/armour you encounter),
No quest markers unless you're within a certain distance. I love this because I'm no longer looking at the compass, but instead taking in the beautiful shit-brown world. (Seriously though, what a difference)
Speech checks don't show - No "[24/50] "I'm a retard."", instead "I'm a retard". Is it valid, willl you get into a fight? Good addition imo.
This one I haven't noticed yet but, on paper I like the idea (no longer dumping CHA if you want to abuse speech)
57573962c7c754eb97c0f1b82aa8a38c.png

I'm playing on Hard because VH is too monotonous. This feels like a perfect representation of what NV was meant to play like, meeting a merchant or doctor is a god send, it genuinely feels like a new playthrough - I'm avoiding areas where I know I'd get my arse kicked (NCR Correctional Facility), investing in stats I wouldn't have otherwise (survial, medic, sneaking)

Love this game but I always play it as a cowboy who's somehow shit-hot at computers, with the teaks/mods I've used, it forced me to level up stats I normally wouldn't.
I wish Caravan was a real game. :negative:

*Only issue I've ran into is on the way to Nipton, I was expecting to fight Jackals but apparently the traveling merchants (oy) took care of them. Suited me but still worth pointing out.
** I love this mod, adds 200 odd songs to Radio New Vegas which for the most part don't feel out of place.

Gostak

Educated
Oof my genetically engineered OP offspring and become alter-ego died while being a miser and relying
on her military skill superiority and the grace of RNG (which of course would fail me once I really needed it).
I had little need to push things, starting a new war and leading the attack myself but felt too big to fail.
She was loved AF and also super thrilled while dying.

Now her damned ill, despised (even by family and vassals) and sad AF brother holds the scepter.
Shit is about to get rough, the realm will soon look different for sure.

At least I have two unspent bloodline trait points to e.g. maybe offset his bad rep internally.
What also pains me is only now taking note that the mind-cloning pre-collapse tech Jemma found
years ago needs the cloned suspect to be alive after all (I hold off using it till now because I wanted to use it once Jemma got old,
but now she died age 35!).

The game's score graphs that are somewhat opaque and esoteric and look like things from a stock market plummeted in
categories such as score, power, income and stability. This pain-killer addict will have to form a decent counsel first, likely.
Only have myself to blame.
Love Star Dynasties.

Frozen

Arcane
Finished Warlords III Dark Lords Rising, Bane wars campaign yesterday after not playing it in ages.

Too bad I only found GOG version that is shit. For some reason they did not include live cinematics, and I can play it in win 10 only with no music for some reason. Would be really upset if I had to pay for it.

Could search original CD, maybe I still have it around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom