Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum What is the status of the writer for Arcanum?

AshenNedra

Educated
I was wondering: was R. Zelazny's Changeling (1980) one of your inspirations for the conflict between magic and technology ?
Roger Zelazny's novel Jack of Shadows could also have been an inspiration for a magic versus technology theme, and it's a far better novel than Changeling. :M
As I said, Arcanum reminded of all of his themes. Like all real authors, the same subjects , themes and tone are recurrent in all novels, novellas and short stories, aren't they?

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
My salutations to Ed Mortimer, you sir contributed to making one of my favourite cRPG and for that alone deserve praise, regardless of how much you might have contributed. :salute:

But out of curiosity, just how did you stumble on this year old thread in this niche prestigious corner of the internet?
This forum isn't so 'niche'. It's just hugely hated because it's full of riffraff
Codexers are the scum of the internet, who have registered for brofists, but look what fine parrots we have made them! :M+M:M

prestigious_bird.png
iron_bird.png

Sweeper

Arcane
My salutations to Ed Mortimer, you sir contributed to making one of my favourite cRPG and for that alone deserve praise, regardless of how much you might have contributed. :salute:

But out of curiosity, just how did you stumble on this year old thread in this niche prestigious corner of the internet?
This forum isn't so 'niche'. It's just hugely hated because it's full of riffraff
Dude... not in front of Ed, he's gonna think we're not cool.

Andnjord

Arcane
All threads must end
Not before you give us your opinion on Carcanum.

As a modder yourself, I'm sure you have nothing but respect for it.
And how about our very own and world famous modesty mod? What is your opinion, Ed? A desecration of the original vision or a welcomed purification of your and Troika’s decadent tendencies, no doubt influenced as it were by your reckless youth back in those days?

Edit: here is your quest compass.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/arcanum-modesty-mod.70721/

Ed Mortimer

Arcane
Developer
All threads must end

And how about our very own and world famous modesty mod? What is your opinion, Ed? A desecration of the original vision or a welcomed purification of your and Troika’s decadent tendencies, no doubt influenced as it were by your reckless youth back in those days?

Well, I'm partial to overhaul mods like Carcanum, which I then overhaul myself and add as many other specific mods (further tweaked), like Modesty Mod, that i like. You can't please everybody with everything. It has been a long while since I played Arcanum (just fired it up again), so I can't really speak to specifics except to say Arcanum needs some polish and extras, just like any game, and that's what modders do best.

Snufkin

Augur
G
All threads must end

Well, I'm partial to overhaul mods like Carcanum, which I then overhaul myself and add as many other specific mods (further tweaked), like Modesty Mod, that i like. You can't please everybody with everything. It has been a long while since I played Arcanum (just fired it up again), so I can't really speak to specifics except to say Arcanum needs some polish and extras, just like any game, and that's what modders do best.
Get UAP 2.0.2.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
G
All threads must end

Get UAP 2.0.2.
Sup Drog

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom