Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's the best game made by sega?

Zlaja

Arcane
Phantasy Star 4. Fun combat, nice visuals, slick animated cutscenes, cool antagonist and a decent level of challenge. One of my all time favorite jrpgs.

Falksi

Arcane
Phantasy Star 4. Fun combat, nice visuals, slick animated cutscenes, cool antagonist and a decent level of challenge. One of my all time favorite jrpgs.

I find it really weird that there's so much praise for Chrono Trigger and claims that it's the most innovative JRPG of that generation, yet Phantasy Star 4 did so much more several years earlier than Chrono Trigger did. Those cut-scenes set a standard which naff-all other JRPGs touched for years.

Hell most Nintendo fans claim Chrono Trigger is better than Phantasy Star 4 because it invented Duel & Tripple techs, dumb cunts. :lol:

Vlajdermen

Arcane

I find it really weird that there's so much praise for Chrono Trigger and claims that it's the most innovative JRPG of that generation, yet Phantasy Star 4 did so much more several years earlier than Chrono Trigger did. Those cut-scenes set a standard which naff-all other JRPGs touched for years.

Hell most Nintendo fans claim Chrono Trigger is better than Phantasy Star 4 because it invented Duel & Tripple techs, dumb cunts. :lol:
Oh yeah, Phantasy Star's dual techs. Those were really something.
ar44Lyi.jpg

Reality

Learned
Super Monkey Ball for me ... If it has to be something developed for their own machinee I'd pick between Chu Chu rocket and Daytona 2001 depending on if I was in single player vir multiplayer mood

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I always find funny that "sega" is a very common word in Italian. It could mean:
- saw,
- goofy, wimp, dorky, awkward, wimpy, duffer, inept,
- handjob.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
There seems to be some advancement in OG Xbox emulation so who knows, maybe we'll get to play JSRF and Orta one day.

I am mainly interested in trying out From's Otogi series if they ever become fully playable.

One day? I completed a full playthrough of JSRF with CXBX-Reloaded a mere 3 month ago. Only issues I experienced were some occasional minor audio glitches.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Space Channel 5 Part 2 is one of the most underrated SEGA games, ever. And also the best rhythm game on consoles, imo. Almost every soundtrack in this game is a 5/5.

Genesis Shadowrun.
Wasn't made by Sega. The developer was California-based BlueSky Software.

The OT asks an impossible question, though. SEGA has perhaps the most amazing stable of arcade classics out of any company and there's truly something for everyone. They're also responsible for pushing the technological envelope more than any other company, establishing partnerships with Lockheed Martin to bring 3D graphics that were limited to multi-million dollar industrial/military simulators into mainstream entertainment. Model 1/2/3 are supreme feats of engineering that don't get enough recognition these days. Not to mention the amazing arcade cabinets from back in the day (After Burner, G-LOC, Daytona USA, etc.).

Their console endeavours were also amazing, though understandably less so. The company we have now is nothing but a shell of its former self, and even their single remaining internal development studio (RGG) probably doesn't have too much longer to go. From a business standpoint SEGA has always been braindead, with some truly mind-boggling decisions that sealed its fate. Even now, it's hilarious to see how it simply refuses to make money off of such a venerable archive.

Last edited:

Gastrick

Cipher
The four best games I've played by Sega:

Sonic CD
Shinobi
Sonic Spinball
Space Harrier

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom