Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WHO IS THE BEST WAIFU IN CRPG HISTORY?

Best romanceable waifu in a CRPG?

• Trish, Witcher

• Yennifer, Witcher

• Aerie, Baldur's Gate

• Jaheira, Baldur's Gate

• Viconia, Baldur's Gate

• Neera, Baldurs Gate EE (i'm sorry)

• Aribeth, Neverwinter Nights

• Nathyrra, Neverwinter Nights

• Lohse, Divinity Original Sin

• Sebille, Divinity Original Sin

• Valerie, Pathfinder Kingmaker

• Octavia, Pathfinder Kingmaker

• Kalikke, Pathfinder Kingmaker

• Kanerah, Pathfinder Kingmaker

• Leliana, Dragon Age

• Morrigan, Dragon Age

• Isabela, Dragon Age

• Merrill, Dragon Age

• The Elegant Abbess, Dragon Age (what the fuck is dragon age last court?)

• Cassandra, Dragon Age

• Josephine, Dragon Age

• Sera, Dragon Age

• Ashley, Mass Effect

• Liara, Mass Effect

• Miranda, Mass Effect

• Tali, Mass Effect

• Jack, Mass Effect

• Kelly, Mass Effect

• Samara, Mass Effect

• Morinth, Mass Effect (why the fuck does ME have so many??!)

• Samantha, Mass Effect

• Diana, Mass Effect

• Up and coming waifu

• One that is not on this list.

• None (why are you here?)

• I hate women (gay)

• I hate women (not gay)

• Belle, Arcanum

• Raven, Arcanum

• Thay slut, Neverwinter Nights 2

• Druid thing, Neverwinter Nights 2

• Neeshka, Neverwinter Nights 2

• Chris Avellone

Results are only viewable after voting.

visions

Arcane
No hero that gives you +350 gold per day sucks. She pays for herself in 8 days.

ironmask

Arbiter
iu

Annah

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Miranda in Mass Effect 2 has the nicest ass so I voted for her. I know I did this before, so we must have had this thread already.

Writing wise though I'd say Veronica in New Vegas, who wasn't listed.

Funposter

Arcane
even though she isn't "romanceable".
What are you talking about? You can absolutely romance her, and if you go Dark Side she joins you "as your lover and apprentice".
which is more a side effect of choosing the dark side ending than the player going out of their way to romance her via dialogue options etc. as is usually the case. granted i haven't played the game in 15 years so maybe my memory is hazy.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
even though she isn't "romanceable".
What are you talking about? You can absolutely romance her, and if you go Dark Side she joins you "as your lover and apprentice".
which is more a side effect of choosing the dark side ending than the player going out of their way to romance her via dialogue options etc. as is usually the case. granted i haven't played the game in 15 years so maybe my memory is hazy.
Your memory is less reliable than you thought. If you don't pick the flirty dialogues throughout the game, she just becomes your apprentice. You get the "lover and apprentice" line only with a successful romance. And if you romanced her without going Dark Side, you confess your love to her when you fight and use it to redeem her, which is the canonical ending.

LordWildMan

Novice
I voted Samara as she is almost an anti-romance. I remember when I played ME2 the first time and I thought the 'paladin' MILF with the smoky voice was smokin hot and I wanted to get a crudely animated and cringe sex scene. I was ticked that at the end, she rejects you in favor of her code. My immature coomer self was ticked at the time. After looking back however, I realized that her romance was probably some of the best story-writing Bioware has done in recent memory: Shephard, the space-god who can kill armies of eldritch-type horrors single handed, is basically space Jesus with how he is treated in the story, and who can sleep with any alien in the galaxy, including genetically incompatible hijab-wearing ones, is rejected by Samara. And that rejection of the player, essentially the writers telling the player that they can' t have this one thing, is actually a breath of fresh air in the rest of the wish-fulfillment laden genre.

A big betrayal of ME3, specifically the Citadel DLC (which I never played) was the fact that you can technically finish the romance with her, and I think that was a mistake. You shouldn't have been able to pressure the paladin into forsaking her code just because the universe might end. Felt like an evil action that Shephard would take, forcing a character to break their code just so the player can get their virtual rocks off. Bioware shouldn't have caved to that section of fan service.

Codex Year of the Donut
A big betrayal of ME3, specifically the Citadel DLC (which I never played) was the fact that you can technically finish the romance with her, and I think that was a mistake. You shouldn't have been able to pressure the paladin into forsaking her code just because the universe might end. Felt like an evil action that Shephard would take, forcing a character to break their code just so the player can get their virtual rocks off. Bioware shouldn't have caved to that section of fan service.
how is more player agency a bad thing

if you're an asshole then you pressured her into breaking her code because you're an asshole

Cat Dude

Savant
Mass Effect and The witcher by their design are not crpg unless you mean Console fag Role Playing Game thus CRPG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom