Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3?

Why do YOU hate Baldur's Gate 3

• It looks like a D:OS 2 mod

Votes: 234 63.2%
  • It bears no resemblance to the original series

Votes: 201 54.3%
  • TB combat (fags vote here)

Votes: 50 13.5%
  • Dumb dialogue

Votes: 176 47.6%
  • Ugly waifus

Votes: 106 28.6%
  • Corridor maps

Votes: 92 24.9%
  • Ugly aesthetic

Votes: 135 36.5%
  • I hate belgians

Votes: 91 24.6%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 50 13.5%

• Total voters
One thing I don't like is that camera 3rd person herp-derping that makes the 3D environment materials look even worse. There is no replacement for beautiful isometric 2D art after all.
KMXNQG.jpg
Maybe we have a chance with IWD3? :negative:
crazy. Thats regular 20 year old IWD and it looks better than the new shit.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
looks like a D:OS mod + awful Larian writing + awful Larian aesthetic = zero hype.

still, the combat itself will probably be good so that alone at least means it will be at least worth a play. More than can be said of many other games.

Cat Dude

Savant
I have no idea how Larian managed to get more retarded writing in every single, subsequent game they release. Divine Divinity was silly, it wasn't really meant to be taken seriously and there were some moments where the game actually achieved atmosphere. The quarantined, coronavirus town that you could go into, for example. I can't play Original Sin because I just cringe at the dialogue too much, I have another try scheduled asking a mate of mine which of the newer games resembles Divine Divinity mostly, with his answer being OS2. Another thing is the absolutely garbage art direction that is especially apparent in OS 1 and 2. I mean, Divine Divinity was gorgeous, there were some things that were cliche but nothing was downright retarded.
Again, how do you go from this:

psDJcGn.jpg

e2JsHnY.jpg

to THIS

RX4vA3P.png

I might be a boomer who thinks that the old isometric games look better anyway, but the artstyle is absolutely inferior in the later games and I have no idea who looked at these orcs and said: "yeah, that looks good"; especially considering that they had perfectly viable designs from Divine Divinity that could have been updated to suit the newer games. I predict that the cringefest of artstyle and dialogue retardation will be a prime feature of Baldur's Gate 3 as well. With the horrendous writing being the main reason I can't get into these games personally.

I can't blame them for choosing cartoonish look in DOS1 and 2.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Even though I don't even like BG1&2... Personally, I just want Black Isles BG3: Black Hound back. :(
DIV:OS should stay DIV:OS and not try wearing emperors clothing.

Nas92

Augur
What the fuck is up with that dialogue. Why would they even do something like that?

There's also the fact that this game appears to have no reason to be called Baldur's Gate, other than to generate hype and maybe justify putting in shitty unfunny references to the BG series.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
One thing I don't like is that camera 3rd person herp-derping that makes the 3D environment materials look even worse. There is no replacement for beautiful isometric 2D art after all.
KMXNQG.jpg
It's sad that we will never see a better looking RPG. RPGs looks and style already peaked and nothing will ever reach those heights again.

EDIT: okay, it appears that I finally found out what I hate about BG3.

Miner 2049er

Scholar
Can someone update me, what, other than the title, does BG3 share with its predecessors ? I presume: Nothing. So why the wet panties like your high school crush is calling you to make her a baby ?

Last edited:

Deleted Member 22431

I might be a boomer who thinks that the old isometric games look better anyway, but the artstyle is absolutely inferior in the later games and I have no idea who looked at these orcs and said: "yeah, that looks good"; especially considering that they had perfectly viable designs from Divine Divinity that could have been updated to suit the newer games. I predict that the cringefest of artstyle and dialogue retardation will be a prime feature of Baldur's Gate 3 as well. With the horrendous writing being the main reason I can't get into these games personally.
I have the suspicion that regular players were brainwashed in bad art. If you game doesn't look like DOTA or Fortnite, it doesn't sell. It's that simple. I think they realized this with D:OS and decided to continue making bad art on purpose. Larian is not clueless. Every single design decision he makes is self-conscious.

I have no idea how Larian managed to get more retarded writing in every single, subsequent game they release. Divine Divinity was silly, it wasn't really meant to be taken seriously and there were some moments where the game actually achieved atmosphere. The quarantined, coronavirus town that you could go into, for example. I can't play Original Sin because I just cringe at the dialogue too much, I have another try scheduled asking a mate of mine which of the newer games resembles Divine Divinity mostly, with his answer being OS2. Another thing is the absolutely garbage art direction that is especially apparent in OS 1 and 2. I mean, Divine Divinity was gorgeous, there were some things that were cliche but nothing was downright retarded.
Again, how do you go from this:

psDJcGn.jpg

e2JsHnY.jpg

to THIS

RX4vA3P.png

Yeah, this. Divine Divinity is one of my favorite "2nd tier" games of all time. Not quite great enough to breach to the first tier, but excellent otherwise. It had a lot of humor (some hit-or-miss), but overall, it was a fairly serious RPG. How they went from that to this shit they are churning out now is a mystery. Cartoony graphics with cartoony colors with some of the most cringe-worthy writing in the history of the genre.

I personally feel like this will be far worse than Fallout 3. At least with Bethesda we knew up front it was going to be shallow popamole. This, with its turn-based pretensions and Larian's newly acquired rep as the savior of "old-school" RPGs will set everything back 200 years. There will be young idiots for decades thinking this is what 90s DnD RPGs were like.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The title is all wrong, it should have been - Baldurs Gate: Tentacle Invasion!.

Once I saw that (and that there was no big tiddy drow girfriend as a party member) I haven't really given it too much attention.

Cat Dude

Savant
They didn't even change the cursor. It seems to resemble more DOS2 with Baldurs Gate mod at this point than a sequel to the Baldurs Gate franchise.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
KMXNQG.jpg

Once you factor in the portraits IWD takes the crown as the best looking RPG ever made.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom