Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Pentiment is an RPG and should be on this forum

Ereshkigal

Educated
Pentiment is not even a video game. Does it have fail states?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
P*ntiment shouldn't be on this forum, period
wordfiltered, aggressively moderated, deleted when found

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
An rpg doesn't have to have a narrative. Character customization just isn't enough either. Pentiment is simply a casual adventure game.

In current year, it's better if RPGs don't have narrative. There might be a universe where the video game industry is filled with great writers instead of useless, talent-less hacks.

We don't live there.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is it good?

As a game. I found Yes, Your Grace to be a deceitful waste of time, but I can appreciate good narrative if the gameplay is not fucking with me.

laclongquan

Arcane
An rpg doesn't have to have a narrative. Character customization just isn't enough either. Pentiment is simply a casual adventure game.

In current year, it's better if RPGs don't have narrative. There might be a universe where the video game industry is filled with great writers instead of useless, talent-less hacks.

We don't live there.
I dont disagree, mind.

But an official studio will be hardpressed when people ask them why their games dont have narratives. Why not when writers are dime a dozen and nobody read their talentless writings anyway.

The true answer "because our writers suck so we avoid narratives" is NOT a good answer, no matter throwing at outsiders, or admit to inner circle.

This is office politic AND marketing aspect~

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Sawyer claims that Wizardry is not an RPG "anymore". What the hell does "anymore" mean? It sounds very political.

This "definitions change over time" horseshit belongs in poltiics. It belongs to people who debate whether there exists more than two genders or not. Miss me with that shit.

I have played Pillars and followed Sawyer for a long time. He literally lost his compass. Both in a sense of RPG design, and as a person. Dude is a hipster who was driven insane by politics and twitter. He is probably vaxxed too.

EDIT: Why am I not surprised.

What a tool. :lol:

Shaki

Arbiter
Every adventure game and visual novel can now be argued to be an RPG, after you absolute retards not only decided that Disco Elysium is one, but even voted it in as RPG of the year. Face the consequences of the decline you brought here, cucks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom