Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

why the hate on BG3

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Unplayable?

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Gives me Bardstale 3 flashbacks on DOS where many mobs lost special abilities. Still, delicious simplistic grinding.

It's just pure nostalgia blinding people to how mediocre BG2 actually was, luckily the modern reviews of BG2 come closer to the truth.
Try again, Rusty.

bg3-shit.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
is the michael bay reference to the "hammy"/"kitsch" nature of the bg3 plot? (no i'm not going to read the article)

i actually really like that. like the organ-playing mindflayer captain of the nautilus ship in the trailer. d&d "culture" and fiction is fucking insane if you really dig into it, especially the planar stuff, i was hoping they would go completely mental with that shit

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
i actually really like that. like the organ-playing mindflayer captain of the nautilus ship in the trailer.

That sounds cool where is that?

this one

the mind flayer controlling the nautilus is doing it by "playing" tentacles like a string organ at one point. and the nautilus in general is p. cool

the kind of stupidly fun d&d kitsch i hoped the game would be all about rather than genfantasy and heartfelt conversations with pot hair girl

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
the mind flayer controlling the nautilus is doing it by "playing" tentacles like a string organ at one point. and the nautilus in general is p. cool

the kind of stupidly fun d&d kitsch i hoped the game would be all about rather than genfantasy and heartfelt conversations with pot hair girl

Yes I like that. Half-assed high fantasy is the worst execution. Either go the route of urban fantasy and keep the elements of supernatural to the night & edges of civilization or go creative with high fantasy. Else do it "realistic". Never half ass anything.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah. High fantasy in general is pretty dumb so why not play to its inherent strengths which is often the weirdness and mythology

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
poor trolling. i would also give the enhanced editions a bad review - most of what they added was terrible

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
poor trolling. i would also give the enhanced editions a bad review - most of what they added was terrible
"Bu..bu..bu its different, reee!"

Lol at this cope, the game is 99% unchanged. Hell it's objectivelly better from a technical aspect like improved graphical settings, etc. It's the best way to play BG2 today.

It's time for you BG2tards to take off your nostalgia glasses, the game was good for its time but that's not saying much, today it's archaic trash only enjoyed by boomers coping on a dying rpg forum.

Lol at this cope, the game is 99% unchanged. [...] It's time for you BG2tards to take off your nostalgia glasses
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition aren't the exact same game, Rusty.

But whatever. ^^

bg2-vs-bg3-steam.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
the game is 99% unchanged.

Even if was 100%, would't be a critical acclaimed game cuz modern game journos are so dumb that they can't understand the concept of TARGET AUDIENCE. For eg, they complained that PFKM is too unbalanced and complicated(the target audience of PFKM is people who like that style of game and I disagree that it is complicated), they keep demanding easy mode in souls game, a game which is all about overcoming challenges and which offers a lot of ways to trivialize a challenge boss. Keep demanding Afropolish in the witcher and other retarded nonsense.

If EE had removed 90% of spells and iconic weapons, removed THAC0 and inflated hp, removed enemies nasty abilities but added lots and lots of woke BS, I'm pretty sure that game journos would rate it way higher.

The Real Time with pause tag... hu3hu3hu3

Anyway, even people giving positive reviews are saying that BG3 is too similar to Divinity > https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/reviews/?browsefilter=toprated&snr=1_5_100010_

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Lol at this cope, the game is 99% unchanged. [...] It's time for you BG2tards to take off your nostalgia glasses
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition aren't the exact same game, Rusty.

But whatever. ^^

bg2-vs-bg3-steam.jpg
cope-elcen.gif

IMAGINE coping so hard by hovering over short term reviews of an early access game that's far from finished.

BG2tards know no shame!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
far from finished.

How many years in development? PF:WoTR has dozens of times more spells, classes and etc yet was announced and launched way faster than DOS3 - Faerun Edition. If the game costs a bit of argentinian pesos US$60 in EA, it should be judged as a US$60,00 game. Simple as that.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
far from finished.

How many years in development? PF:WoTR has dozens of times more spells, classes and etc yet was announced and launched way faster than DOS3 - Faerun Edition. If the game costs a bit of argentinian pesos US$60 in EA, it should be judged as a US$60,00 game. Simple as that.
Strong retardation, price is irrelevant. Comparing a finished game with an early access game is a new low for BG2copers.

Also lol, WoTRannies....when will they learn?

15pVywk.png

Humbaba

Arcane
Strong retardation, price is irrelevant. Comparing a finished game with an early access game is a new low for BG2copers.

Also lol, WoTRannies....when will they learn?

15pVywk.png
I wouldn't call anyone a tranny with BG3's """women"""" looking like they do.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Brainlet Game journalists that can't beat cuphead tutorial nor play IWD in the easiest difficulty like BG3 and DOS2

As I've said many times, being praised by game journos is a indicative AGAINST a game quality, not in favor of a game quality.

Gradenmayer

Learned
Brainlet Game journalists that can't beat cuphead tutorial nor play IWD in the easiest difficulty like BG3 and DOS2

As I've said many times, being praised by game journos is a indicative AGAINST a game quality, not in favor of a game quality.
Then why did you use BG2's metascore as a proof earlier?
:philosoraptor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom