Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

why the hate on BG3

Thorgeim

Educated
far from finished.

How many years in development? PF:WoTR has dozens of times more spells, classes and etc yet was announced and launched way faster than DOS3 - Faerun Edition. If the game costs a bit of argentinian pesos US$60 in EA, it should be judged as a US$60,00 game. Simple as that.
Strong retardation, price is irrelevant. Comparing a finished game with an early access game is a new low for BG2copers.

Also lol, WoTRannies....when will they learn?

15pVywk.png

If you're not a troll you really are pretty stupid. Actually a "EA" tag is irrelevant here, they are charging for a product that can be played, it will be judged.

On the contrary, they could learn from already finished games in the franchise and make it even better ... well ... because why not? Its BG3, next in the series after BG2 so you expect it to be at least as good, no? (rethorical question if you cant tell, no need to answer...)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
affirmative action hire .

This is a huge advantage of eastern european companies. They can hire the best, not the guys that are considered oppressed by the Frankfurt school. My boss said that if the government forces his company to hire based on diversity, he will move to another country or sell everything and then move. Because a diversity hire will only produce problems for the rest of team to fix. At moment, we only have this BS in government universities, is nowhere near as bad as south africa for eg. I just hate this ideology "lets abandon individualism and demonize the group who produces the most for the society".

No wonder corpos call people like you consumers instead of customers, just pull your pants down, so all other scams like DLCs, pedoboxes, season passes and other 2022 "standard industry practices" can get in, since you already bought into "early access" where you do beta-testing for free:

But if they need to deliver a finished product, how they will get money to pay all US$250k+ yearly salaries for diversity chief officers? You know, testing software is way less expensive nowdays, developing games too with the new engines, better modeling software and so on. Yet games are becoming more and more expensive. Probably because they now hire this ultra necessary positions.

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If you're not a troll you really are pretty stupid. Actually a "EA" tag is irrelevant here, they are charging for a product that can be played, it will be judged.
That's pretty dumb. If you buy access to an alpha or a beta, it's on you. You're buying something that you know is unfinished and in progress.

Wrath of the Tranny, on the other hand, is a game they claim is a finished product, but is as buggy as a Beta.

Joyvankek

Learned
No wonder corpos call people like you consumers instead of customers, just pull your pants down, so all other scams like DLCs, pedoboxes, season passes and other 2022 "standard industry practices" can get in, since you already bought into "early access" where you do beta-testing for free:

But if they need to deliver a finished product, how they will get money to pay all US$250k+ yearly salaries for diversity chief officers? You know, testing software is way less expensive nowdays, developing games too with the new engines, better modeling software and so on. Yet games are becoming more and more expensive. Probably because they now hire this ultra necessary positions.
You're right comrade, we should be grateful for the opportunity to be on the right side of history and give money for the cause, we are fighting the good fight and will be on the right side of history!
Making good games is no longer the main concern, they're but a vessel to spread the message.
Diversity is strength, and anyone who disagree shall be sent to gul... reeducation camp.
Just look at how beautiful that change is, so diverse, so brave, so absolutely amazing!
amina-mohamed-a-former-wto-general-council-chair.jpg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah. High fantasy in general is pretty dumb so why not play to its inherent strengths which is often the weirdness and mythology
You guys do realize that they did that whole intro as a classic 'begin from the point of highest tension' narrative device, right? It's basically a downpayment on the excitement they're going to lead you into later, so you don't get bored with the druid/goblin low-level stuff and think that's all the game is about. We'll likely get back to the high fantasy weirdness later in the game.

Lorebrok

Educated
People are overreacting. Yes, Im with you guys that they shouldn't have used baldurs gate as a title. Makes no sense and it just reeks of cash grabbing on us old ass fans.
But In my headcanon this isnt baldurs gate. I see it more like a.... fanfiction or a story that plays in the forgotten realms and thats about it. You can criticize how they implemented the rules or whatever but all in all, my boys and me are hyped to play this together. Divinity OS 2 was also much fun. And no, not everything is fun with friends. Eating shit for example is not fun with friends.

Thorgeim

Educated
That's pretty dumb. If you buy access to an alpha or a beta, it's on you. You're buying something that you know is unfinished and in progress.

Wrath of the Tranny, on the other hand, is a game they claim is a finished product, but is as buggy as a Beta.

Oh yeah I dont disagree with that specifically and I wouldnt defend Wrath of tranny.
But it costs something and people will just generally not hold themselves back with judgement, some will but most wont. As for BG3, I ignore it mostly and just have fun with all the drama. No way Im paying for this though.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Oh yeah I dont disagree with that specifically and I wouldnt defend Wrath of tranny.
But it costs something and people will just generally not hold themselves back with judgement, some will but most wont. As for BG3, I ignore it mostly and just have fun with all the drama. No way Im paying for this though.
I highly discourage anyone who's even on the fence to buy any Early Access game.

Early Access is just an obviously bad decision. You're paying for a product that isn't finished, that you know has no guarantee of being finished, and that you know is going to have bugs and balance issues.

People do it because of curiosity. They want to play it in its current state and not wait for it to be done. But anyone who complains about an Early Access game should probably reevaluate their thought process.

FriendlyMerchant

I just hate this ideology "lets abandon individualism and demonize the group who produces the most for the society".

I agree 100%. Without the Jews, we would be nowhere. No culture. No science. No central banking. I cannot imagine the horrors of a world without these things. Such is a world without the Jews.

Joyvankek

Learned
I just hate this ideology "lets abandon individualism and demonize the group who produces the most for the society".

I agree 100%. Without the Jews, we would be nowhere. No culture. No science. No central banking. I cannot imagine the horrors of a world without these things. Such is a world without the Jews.
Oy vey! That's right goy you owe us everything, and for knowing that you deserve a reward, here have some shekels I've just printed out of thin air.
:takemyjewgold:

DY050503

Educated
8kz5rbvx99v51.jpg

The only thing I like about BG3 is this wallpaper. Hint: No matter which part of it makes you feel it worth buying, it has absolutely no relations with the real game.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Lol, "culture", Jews got "culture" by stealing everyhing that was not nailed down while fleeing from Egypt.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The turn-based combat in deadfire was a half-ass implementation that was added simply to sell the game on consoles. I've tried it and hated it, the game was obviously meant to be played rtwp.
It supposedly started as one programmer's experiment, and was then pushed to a public beta, and people *liked it*.
If Feargus was less of an idiot, Swen-wannabe, he would have invested in a real TB mode instead of deciding to add full voice acting and an unfortunate ship combat minigame midway through Deadfire's development.

8kz5rbvx99v51.jpg

The only thing I like about BG3 is this wallpaper. Hint: No matter which part of it makes you feel it worth buying, it has absolutely no relations with the real game.
@GenericGiantSpider died for our sins.

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

Lol, "culture", Jews got "culture" by stealing everyhing that was not nailed down while fleeing from Egypt.

Cool it with the antisemitism goyim.

Reinhardt

Arcane

Cool it with the antisemitism goyim.
The
28352.jpg
fears the
20773.jpg

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The turn-based combat in deadfire was a half-ass implementation that was added simply to sell the game on consoles. I've tried it and hated it, the game was obviously meant to be played rtwp.
It supposedly started as one programmer's experiment, and was then pushed to a public beta, and people *liked it*.
If Feargus was less of an idiot, Swen-wannabe, he would have invested in a real TB mode instead of deciding to add full voice acting and an unfortunate ship combat minigame midway through Deadfire's development.

8kz5rbvx99v51.jpg

@GenericGiantSpider died for our sins.
I saw him the other day eating GenericGiantFlies

8kz5rbvx99v51.jpg

This looks genuinely excellent and what I consider worthy of the Baldur's Gate legacy.

Instead we got gay vampires and sex scenes between orcs.

:codexisfor:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom