Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Why was shoutbox banned?

Humbaba

Arcane
"I spent every evening in the shoutbox spamming all the users there with my cringeful stories at my workplace and driveled them in extravagant stories what a big monkey cage it is where I work at. And I enjoyed every littly story I told there no matter how trivial it may have been."

"Don't you dare ever bring the shoutbox back."
My workplace stories were the codex' favourite soap opera and don't you dare pretend that they weren't.

Radiane

Cipher
"I spent every evening in the shoutbox spamming all the users there with my cringeful stories at my workplace and driveled them in extravagant stories what a big monkey cage it is where I work at. And I enjoyed every littly story I told there no matter how trivial it may have been."

"Don't you dare ever bring the shoutbox back."
My workplace stories were the codex' favourite soap opera and don't you dare pretend that they weren't.
You totally missed the point : You were at the shoutbox all the time - at least so it felt - spurging your strange fantasies onto everyone there. At the beginning, your stories were a bit funny, maybe, but soon after a while it was more or less a rolleyes-feeling whenever humbaba was in the chat, cause whenever that was the case it was clear that it's then time for massive and mostly dumb shitspamming. And this went on all the time.

And now... you are acting as one of the most avid enemies of the shoutbox return. Personally I couldn't care less if some humbaba wanted shoutbox back or not, or if you planned to shitspam it full again or whatever, but it is this extreme hypocrisy in your demeanor that I find so retarted.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
A bunch of these people screaming how much they hate shoutbox and demand that it never comes back were avid shoutboxers themselves.

Which screams not only of hypocrisy, but also of low impulse control.

Correct solution: bring back shoutbox and permaban from it everyone who demanded that it never comes back. :smug:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
bring back shoutbox but only for me
this but unironically
shoutbox is nice when it's fully bereft of people who annoy me otherwise it doesn't need to exist
given that over the years the sheer number of people who annoy me keeps rising it's more and more of a struggle to enjoy shoutbox

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Seems to me the codex is having a good time people returned to post about games! So the shoutbox obliteration that lead to a massive butthurt was nothing but incline!

Codex USB, 2014
Is this the beginning of the inevitable heat death of the Codex?

Only time will tell.
Shoutbox is not gone, it is hidden. We are just denied access to our shouty box. I am sure it will become available again in time.

I am not so sure that the heat death of the codex is so inevitable. If this website plays its cards right it could be around for quite some time.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Seems to me the codex is having a good time people returned to post about games! So the shoutbox obliteration that lead to a massive butthurt was nothing but incline!
You sound like an addict in withdrawal denying his desires
Why? Shoutbox was a shitshow. Better that it closed all people were using that mainly for yell niggers screeche about jews gays stupid monologues about culture war or whatever politic dumpster was happening at thd moment. So better that is gone! My dream is the politic section of the forum would be nuked too that would be also massively incline since 99% of the shitposters comes from there. Not to mention boozers getting horny writing gross stuff to then tell for the 100th times how they would kill themself because the world sucks.

Modron

Arcane
Says the number 3 top shoutboxer of all time.
:philosoraptor:
Wouldn't have been shit if they just prosperized the drunks, and drama/attention whores.

Percy

Cipher
Why? Shoutbox was a shitshow. Better that it closed all people were using that mainly for yell niggers screeche about jews gays stupid monologues about culture war or whatever politic dumpster was happening at thd moment. So better that is gone! My dream is the politic section of the forum would be nuked too that would be also massively incline since 99% of the shitposters comes from there. Not to mention boozers getting horny writing gross stuff to then tell for the 100th times how they would kill themself because the world sucks.

Your top 2 post areas are retardo land and site feedback.

:discohitler:

Codex USB, 2014
No, this is like saying we were better off during the lockdowns because a lot of bad stuff usually happens on the street at night and it is kind of comfy working from home.

The existence of shoutbox (freedom) is not the problem. The problems are the problems. The shoutbox just brings them to the forefront. Where is the forefront now? It is hidden. Inaccessible.

Shoutbox was the finger on the pulse of the codex and now while we still have a pulse we do not know anything about it because we took the fucking finger off of it.

Writing that part made me think of this classic. It is Italian, but I do not think you consider it music, Mebrilia.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom