Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wizardry Wizardry 8 - first time playing

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I know, but i have taken the flag from the pole previously without consequences. Also, there wasn't any hostility right after. Guess my yearly playthrough has abruptly ended, because i have no save before entering the camp and i can't find any info on changing the faction status, only save editors that change character stats.

What do you need the umpani for, anyway ?
They're just a waste of oxygen.

The T'Rang empire will prevail!

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
As a bare minimum their trader, who sells magic books that i need for my bishop. Some stuff in dungeons etc.
Btw, i can still exit camp without incident, it's the guys at the entrance of training course that get hostile, when i come close. Weird.

As for what people above say. i know all that and it's irrelevant here. I've just gotten into their camp and have only been to Arnika yet. No faction quests have been started.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Umpani and the T'Rang have always been notoriously trigger-happy for me. Some bad scripts in there, probably.

jackofshadows

Magister
Guess my yearly playthrough has abruptly ended
Pff, just slaughter them later, no big deal.
When you're randomly stopped and blackmailed that you will be ratted out for working for both sides (T'rang and Umpani), will one of the factions turn hostile if you don't pay the blackmailers? I always paid them for fear that I wouldn't be able to make peace with both sides.
Sure, they do turn hostile. Last time I had to clear all T'Rang, my favorite faction :(

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Think i actually avoided T'Rang hostility once by quickly entering and exiting from Z'ant's dialogue screen and moving away. He seems to become hostile after you hang around close to him after a time, but continues doing normal dialogue.
Pff, just slaughter them later, no big deal.
Yeah, thinking about that right now. Want to buy all the possible spell books from Kunar before that though. Maybe will roam around for a while.

edit:
1) i wonder if even can do T'Rang quests anyway (except giving the flag and killing rapax assassin), because i think some of them required access to Umpani inner sanctums while being on friendly terms with umpany
2) unrelated to above problem - can only high level gadgeteer combine light crossbows into double/tripple shot ones?

Anyhow, i was always power player, who exploited the double agent thing with bugs and rinos for dat xp, so now i'll have to do things differently. Been very conservative about that as i never cared about any of the factions. Maybe it's just what i need to have a bit more fresh experience with this game huh.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
The right way to complete the flag quest is to buy one after you enrolled and passed the first test (you don't need to go any further through the umpani quest-line, which is tedious due to their mines labyrinth).
I don't think you need to enroll. I think they sell those to civvies (the only thing they'll sell to civvies).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom