Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
One day there will be game being set in classic historical Chinese setting that's not 3 Kingdom, but that day isn't today. Something like like Qin unification and the fall of Qin is criminally underused in spite being also extremely prominent.

From the trailer it seems that the game will start during early fall of Han dynasty. The people the MC(?) is fighting are wearing yellows which is pretty common for the Yellow Scarves/Turban. The bearded unkempt haired man that turn into a dragon(?) is also a pretty popular depiction of Zhang Jiao as per Koei Tecmo ROTK and Warriors series.

I do like the vibes. Framing romantical historical event with additional of mythical aspect is always nice much like NiOh and Onimusha.
There is always detective Di

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
One day there will be game being set in classic historical Chinese setting that's not 3 Kingdom, but that day isn't today. Something like like Qin unification and the fall of Qin is criminally underused in spite being also extremely prominent.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker

yeah i know

i finished this game twice when i was 12 or something

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fate Seeker games are early Song dynasty.

I guess you can argue that Wuxia is a historical fantasy altho the theme and narrative are rarely concerning historical event per se. I haven't played Fate Seeker as combat seems to be a clickfest Diablo? But it's on my wishlist

Surprised they don't just take this new formula they're good at and do a new Ninja Gaiden in that style. Not like the new Ninja Gaiden games were like the original arcade game anyways. It's weird they've just let what was once Tecmo's biggest series basically die. It's been almost ten whole years now since their last one.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I wouldn't say they let it die
They did port the trilogy to steam last year (possiblt to renew their hold on the license and gauge some interest) and the Nioh games do have call backs to the hayabusa ninjas
And when you think about it, they spent 10 years making increasingly less profitable (and mechanically worse) Ninja Gaiden games - no wonder they wanted and needed to make something new

I wouldn't say they let it die
They did port the trilogy to steam last year (possiblt to renew their hold on the license and gauge some interest) and the Nioh games do have call backs to the hayabusa ninjas
And when you think about it, they spent 10 years making increasingly less profitable (and mechanically worse) Ninja Gaiden games - no wonder they wanted and needed to make something new

They haven't made a Ninja Gaiden since 2012. That I'd say is just letting it die. They tried making one after Tomonobu Itagaki left, it sucked, and they haven't tried another since. In the meantime however, what was left of Team Ninja have figured out their own thing, yet they haven't applied it to any iteration of Ninja Gaiden.

Top Bottom