Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Warcraft: Dragon Desperation

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
This is the worst Blizzard cinematic I have ever seen. The way they animated her hears when she puts on her armor for emphasis is just pure cringe. It's a minor thing but it's what ticked me off; the whole trailer looks like shit. I haven't played any modern Blizzard games in years but I still liked to watch their cinematics because they were always top notch albeit declining in quality. But now everything they do is total shit. The old Blizzard is truly dead.

:deadhorse:

Thalstarion

Literate
She's genuinely one of the ugliest characters I've seen in recent years and that's saying something when games like Concord provide ample competition on that front.

Vyvian

Educated
Third cinematic for The War Within. For some reason it wasn't uploaded in 4k, and isn't available in 4k on Blizzard's press kit page.

The 2 second shot of Hallowfall and the 4 second shot of the spider zone are cool. Didn't care for the rest of the cinematic.

The Harronir looked and acted like the Na'vi from Avatar.

What did they do to her jawline? In early renders and art it actually looked feminine.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
What did they do to her jawline? In early renders and art it actually looked feminine.

Trannies projecting. Nobody with any influence has the balls (or the desire) to say anything when they conjure up these monstrous designs. In gaming, it's been happening for a bit over 10 years now, and shows no sign of slowing down.

Dr1f7

Scholar
spider city does look sick hopefully it actually looks like that in game

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Echoes_of_Azeroth_-_Faerin_headshot.png

Thalstarion

Literate
It's satisfying to see people calling out the character as an obvious DEI/ESG insert even over on the official forum. I'm sure the posts in question will be scrubbed in due time, though.

Naturally the usual suspects are crawling out of the woodwork to paint everyone who doesn't like the character as a 'bigot'.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
It's satisfying to see people calling out the character as an obvious DEI/ESG insert even over on the official forum. I'm sure the posts in question will be scrubbed in due time, though.

Naturally the usual suspects are crawling out of the woodwork to paint everyone who doesn't like the character as a 'bigot'.

It took a one armed, one eyed, black chick with some half breed orc ears while being related to a beloved lore figure to get people to complain just a little bit. Most people will just keep consuming the slop and liking it. Here is her relative.

Lothar_TCG.jpg

Thalstarion

Literate
Anyone doing the Radiant Echoes event? How is it?
There's a lot of lag. The rewards aren't anything special, other than some catch up gear, a few pets and a feat of strength.

Decidedly average overall. The nostalgia factor would probably hit a little harder if the expansion didn't already come with Time Rifts which did the exact same thing.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
It's satisfying to see people calling out the character as an obvious DEI/ESG insert even over on the official forum.
I mean, they took an African person with slightly bigger ears and put her together with fantasy races. That's just shameless at this point. Who is coming up with these ideas? Certainly not artists.

Found out about the free gametime weekend, so I decided to check it out. I just did the prepatch questline.

Upon logging in, you are immediately put into a 5 minute long recap cinematic. You get... how many names and terms thrown at you? Dark Titan Sargeras? Colossal blade? Magni Bronzebeard? Speaker? Cries of Azeroth? Mad Titan? N'zoth? Xal'atath? Cursed blade? Old Gods? The Shadowlands? Anduin Wrynn? Domination magics? Primal Dragon Iridikron? Titans? The Dark Heart? Radiant Song? Alleria Windrunner? The Harbinger? The engimatic Locus-Walker? Void Lord Dimensius? And on and on it goes. I felt like I was starting War of Dragons (the 20th season of Pili) on Netflix. Massive info dump of years and years of different storylines. Now I have been following the Warcraft story, but even for me it reeks of a soap opera that has been going on for 20+ years and is near impenetrable to outsiders.

zL5nUjM.gif

We then get another janky ingame cutscene. For a billion dollar game that charges $205 to play per year and is Blizzard's golden goose, and the Worldsoul Saga that was marketed on the merits of its story to rival the competition, it is disappointing they didn't step up their cutscene game. Come on Blizzard. You're capable of better. Or was. Where did the people who made their hours and hours of in-engine Starcraft 2 cutscenes go?

fB8lHEA.jpeg

Then we have the actual event. I had heard about lag, but flying around killing the mobs was pretty smooth, though I had no idea what I was doing. I was supposed to turn stuff in? To what? The pylons? I clicked on the pylons, but the bar at the top of the screen didn't seem to go up, so IDK if I contributed. So I just killed more blue things. Then Onyxia spawned. And then it happened. The lag. Holy crap, I have never experienced that level of lag in WoW before. Literally stuck for 15+ seconds unable to input anything. Trapped. I don't know what is wrong with retail WoW. This wasn't an issue when wagging 100+ player battles during MoP and before, and it isn't an issue when participating in the humongous WvW battles in GW2 or the meta events there where you have a hundred players all fighting a dragon and lots of adds at once. FF14's world bosses have some lag, as in 1 or 2 seconds, not literally 15 seconds of none of my inputs registering!

I was somewhat interested in getting the two remembered Wyvern/Gryphon mounts, but I will wait for possible server engineering improvements before doing those events again. In the mean time, I've gone back to anima farming at Zereth Mortis, now conveniently empty with almost all of the rares up for me. Good time to get that Kyrian minigame upgraded to level 2, do the achievement, and then buy that Gruesome Flayedwing rylak mount for my Frost DK I raised on MoP remix (I actually want the Rajani Warserpent for him as his flying mount, but I gave up on camping that rare for its 1% droprate mount when you have to also compete with other people for it).

J1M

Arcane
The lag is largely induced by the reliance on numerous buffs and conditional effects that exploded in quantity as part of Azerite gear.

They don't fix it because it doesn't affect instances.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The Onyxia echoe was the main culprit of the lag. The other two went smoothly. This is a very uninspired event. Drawing money out of the guild bank proved buggy. I like how the new backdrop of the character select screen. Was fun choosing 4 "favorites" and moving them around. Lost Ark does something similar. This event isn't really drawing me back in. Knowing that negress will be taking center stage during the expansion doesnt help either. The two mounts from the event are decent enough. Might skip War Within, not sure yet.

And then it happened. The lag. Holy crap, I have never experienced that level of lag in WoW before.
Didn't try SoD on launch day?

I did but I started as a Forsaken Warlock in Tirisfal Glades which had about 50 people running around, didn't have lag.
Wo-WScrn-Shot-113023-151618.jpg

This was about 30+ seconds of lag. I would've assumed that undead being the more popular choice would've been worse off. Guess it was just a server/time difference.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Ok, nm. This time, in Dragonblight, there was around twice as many people as the last go around. Delay of around 5 seconds per move during the LK fight. And once the Lich King was put down, nobody got any loot. Not even currency. Lovely.

Vatnik Wumao
Doubt that I'll be actually playing WoW, but can you go chronologically through the various expansions and do their respective content? Esp. with expansions like Cataclysm that radically altered some zones, I'm guessing that part of the prior content (i.e. some of the quests and what not) is no longer accessible at all?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom