Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst RPGs All Time?

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by RolePlayer, Aug 3, 2020.

1. El Presidente Arbiter

El Presidente
    Ultima 9, for sure. The biggest disappointment of all times.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. deadmeme Learned

deadmeme
    Ultima 9
    Skyrim
    Everything named Fallout and Mass Effect
    Might and Magic IX
    Risen series
    Dragon Age 2
    Neverwinter Nights 1
    Arcanum
    The Witcher 3

• WTF am I reading x 5
    • Participation Award x 4
    • Shit x 3
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. JarlFrank I like Thief THIS much Patron

JarlFrank
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Despair Despair x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. FrancoTAU Cipher

FrancoTAU
    It could've been interesting if written better. There's a way to make the Avatar having to decide between the lesser of two evils work. Instead, he just comes off like an egocentric psycho who murders a bunch of people so he can get revenge on the Guardian.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Kalin Unwanted Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Unwanted
    Seriously though: Numanuma

• Agree Agree x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Ludwig von Eisenthal Augur

Ludwig von Eisenthal
    Well said! These are exactly my thoughts about the story. It's a shame because it could have been interesting, showing the dilemma the Avatar has to face and the sacrifices he has to make to succeed. There could have been interesting moral questions. Especially as his system of virtues already had become obsolete and antiquated in Ultima VII and he himself a relic of the past. Here he turns into a ruthless sociopath in no time without any doubts or regret for anything, this change is just too drastic to be psychologically believable.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. deadmeme Learned

deadmeme
    It seems I need to repeat my post for this African American here.

Never play any Fallout games. Play dungeon crawlers (Wizardry). Fallout is for pussy talkers who like to pussy talk with crispy-bois in a post nuclear wasteland. What is the scariest thing in Fallout?
    It is a Deatchclaw. It is basically a mutated rat. It is fat, ugly, and even worse, American. And what about that sound in Fallout? Sounds like some post-avant-garde farting music. My testicle makes better sounds when I am whopping your sister. Those pussy talker games ruined RPG games. First they simplified the gameplay and raised lots of pussy talker fudge eaters who wish they had a pip boy in real life so they can play with it in the bathtub, maps in games is such a noob friendly idea, it is terrible. Real man go into a dungeon and spent there months grinding on every corner, getting those nippels hard. Then you exit the dungeon, covered in blood, guts, sweat, tears (of joy), with a thick princess in your arms. But you don't know that, because you look at post nuclear apocalyptic ugly-ass bitches in pussy talker games. Lets make RPG-s great again. Say no to Fallout. Only wizardry IV. Remember my fellow tender gender fluid man, like my grandma said, if you die once in Fallout, you are stupid, if you die once in Wizardry, you are a hero.

OOOOOOO great one, is it possible to die in Fallout? Teach me master. I can't do it.

• retadred x 2
    • Participation Award x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • coof x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lawntoilet Cipher Patron

Lawntoilet
    It seems I need to repeat my post for this African American here.

^ Top  
  10. deadmeme Learned

deadmeme
    This is what I get when I am trying to explain things to a Fallout Pipboy numskull. I am wandering how can you open doors every day and wipe your ass after shitting. If you were the fastest sperm that managed to fertilize your mother, goddamn, the whole family need to be put in a ZOO. I am soo happy that you are a stupid ugly ass nigga that nobody likes, that way you will not have any descendants. Your creation is an insult to Gods earth, and you should be burned at a stake with the rest of the heretics.

• retadred retadred x 5
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. JDR13 Magister

JDR13
    :nocountryforshitposters:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Ialda Educated

Ialda
    As disappointments go, Ultima 8 The Lost Vale was even more infuriating.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Kleptocratic debt serf Scholar

Kleptocratic debt serf
    1) Dungeon Lords
    2) Pool of Radiance - Ruins of Myth Drannor (IIRC this shit game had the last laugh, it corrupted/deleted my system when I uninstalled the shit)
    3) 90% of all sequels

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    It just occurred to me that FO3 was so bad I joined the codex.

• Salute Salute x 6
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. RobotSquirrel Learned

RobotSquirrel

Unmodded its the worst RPG ever made

Modded makes it worth playing and its very good.

Bethesda really screwed up on this one and its only because of Sea Dogs fans that its even playable today. As shown in the video though it still crashes and it can be really annoying but keep in mind unmodded crash all the time and had broken quest triggers. Unmodded is borderline unplayable and the main quest is not fun hence why the mod removes it and just wholesale adds the story from the movies.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    Some of you are so mean to NWN.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Neverwinter Nights was a laudable attempt to transfer the Gold Box engine to a multi-player on-line format, and, even if clumsy in certain respects, deserves more accolades than condemnation.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Brofist x 6
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. DaveO Erudite

DaveO
    Come on! Let's throw in some more votes in the spirit of Christmas. I bought, played and completed Descent to Undermountain. I just might throw it into a LP, but there's going to have to be some serious encouragement/backing for me to go down that road yet again. I did join Patreon recently with my page at: https://www.patreon.com/daveo_mm. With enough monetary support, I might be convinced to do DTU.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Hafnar the Jester Literate

Hafnar the Jester
    Fuck me for being an ignorant zoomer, but could some grognard kindly explain to me how the multiplayer was supposed to work back then? What does "multi-player adventure brought every night of the week" even mean?

• decline decline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Zed Duke of Banville Zo Kath Ra Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    Multi-player worked via a specific on-line network service, Quantum Link a.k.a. America Online. In order to play Neverwinter Nights, you had to also be a paying subscriber for America Online, which is why the box of Neverwinter Nights touts that it "includes software to access Amera Online" and that "America Online provides other entertaining services". There were a variety of on-line networks, each offering games in addition to other services. The phrase "every night of the week" is probably only there to reassure potential customers that the network was always operational.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisements appearing in Dragon Magazine

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. anvi Cipher Village Idiot

anvi
    I used to connect to Everquest as a kid on a metered phoneline :( Until my dad got a huge bill. I washed a lot of cars.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    God i remember those GEnie adds. I always wanted to try out Gemstone game (or was there another RPG on their as well?) but never actually did it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DaveO Erudite

DaveO
    Does anyone wish to take over where I left off from my count in 2012? If not, then you all have ten days to put in your votes and I WILL retabulate. Bear in mind that this has been "brewing" since my vote count so I'm not sure what will make the list a second time. I will toss out my results from my count though in an effort to refresh the results.

:despair:

^ Top  
  24. samuraigaiden Cipher

samuraigaiden
    RPG Wokedex
    There is no way to establish the worst RPG of all time. What would be far more feasible - and remarkably time consuming - would be to look for the worst of each year starting in 1975.

My pick for the worst cRPG of 1975 is Dungeon.

• Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas! x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Citizen Guest

Citizen
    Every RPG is the worst in it's own way

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.