Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Drones let by generic NPCs fight other drones let by generic NPCs. They don't even feel connected to you in any way.
I'm not sure if a real commander feels the same way about his armies. Or has to in order to win. But you might be right.
If you hate it so much, just quote what he wrote and post it in the release thread.
The more I interact with him, the less I feel the need to.

Faarbaute

Arbiter
Fuck this gay shit.

I intentionally refrained from spoiling myself of the plot and characters of this game and was really looking forward to high adventure, fighting literal demons with my crusader bros and instead we get this garbage.

Why must they do this? Why must everything be turned to shit? Fuck off allready you degenerates.

volklore

Arcane
Fuck this gay shit.

I intentionally refrained from spoiling myself of the plot and characters of this game and was really looking forward to high adventure, fighting literal demons with my crusader bros and instead we get this garbage.

Why must they do this? Why must everything be turned to shit? Fuck off allready you degenerates.

This is post-mainstream adoption, post critical-role DnD. You'll never get a relatively high profile RPG without tumblr bait writing and weird sex fetishes to sell it to the woke circles in which PnP has become very popular. That's muh free market for ya.
Get the game for free and enjoy the combatfaggotry (it's pretty gud) if you don't want to support woke writing.

Also if you don't want to read it, don't click it

Sacibengala

Prophet
More and more I believe that, in today games, the normal adults do the programming while the stupid kids do the dialogues.

Dycedarg

Learned
Do you know if any of this game's writers has Literotica profile? I just can't get enough of this amazing writing!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
BASED SLAVS AM I RITE
I keep telling you, the moment they smell
dollars.png
they sell out and Owlcat CLEARLY doubled down on the nigger homo shit.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i dont think you can kill the trannies. fantadomat says he killed the tranny but it somehow got a better ending.
I was just about to show you a screen shot of her happy life shit,but then i remembered that i deleted the game....oh well.

And yeah,i killed her in some dungeon,but then she got the happy ending lol. The ending triggers are broken lol.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The second one in the OP is absolutely hilarious though.

The Fox companion is basically just "let's write some cringe" as its entire personality.

Owlcat definitely wasn't taking all of this very seriously.

Trithne

Erudite
It's called "CRINGEFINDER-COMPILATION" cringe dialogue *only*. Otherwise, what's the point of the thread...

Implying that Victor's post isn't cringe.

Half this shit reminds me of reading the rules for Apocalypse World recently - Which apparently felt it necessary to write everything like it was being written by a 12yo who discovered swearing, and getting the PCs to fuck each other was so important they attached mechanical benefits to doing so.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Fuck this gay shit.

Trannies, devil worshippers, faggots, lesbians and non-binary angels team up to fight the hordes of the abyss. Except they are the hordes of the abyss...

This game is making me seriously consider finding another hobby. I've thought about it before. I used to only be into games a bit. My main thing was movies. Then the remakes and comic book films started and never stopped. Then wokeness. After a while I was watching Korean films just to have something I could relate to and enjoy. The same is happening to RPGs for me. It's not just a couple woke devs. It's all the devs. PnP RPGs, cRPGs seem to have been almost wholly co-opted by the furry/tumblerite community to where they are actually now the more representative RPG fans than people like me. The games are made by them, for them and they are played and loved by them. RPGs are a gay thing now and I have a hard time seeing how that can be reversed in the near future.

At least more mainstream genres have a wider audience, so they can only be so woke before sales tank. Wrath's receptions tells me what I already suspected is true: The main audience of RPGs is LGBTs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom