Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-Rebirth

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
But aside for being better, is there really no reason whatsoever to play the others? I mean, does TC + that mod cover all of the content of the other games and just adds more stuff? In that case i might as well hide all of the other games in my Steam library and just keep TC.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
Pretty much since main campaigns are crap for all of them. Though you have different exe for Xtended i believe.

Bradylama

Arcane
The bottom line is that you shouldn't play any of them. You will spend 40 hours of gameplay only to realize that you're not going anywhere or doing anything and oh God where did my life go? I need that life back! FORTY HOURS OF MY LIFE!!!!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I finished Daggerfall, how hard can this be.

So i filtered out all the X games from my Steam library except for TC. I always get a good feeling when i do a bit of house cleaning like that. Any other mod i should consider adding to X-tend or am i good to go?

titus

Arcane
Patron

So i filtered out all the X games from my Steam library except for TC. I always get a good feeling when i do a bit of house cleaning like that. Any other mod i should consider adding to X-tend or am i good to go?
These are the mods that I've installed in my last playthrough. You may want to have a look at them as the features are pretty nice(convenient or additions). You may want to ignore the SSDN, PM, FDN and li_modv7 if you are not into empire building.
There are also the invasion plugins that add some life to the game(yaki, pirates, etc). You would often see massive battles between factions at the expense of processing power.

Keep in mind that the fake patches order is important.

fake patches:
14 - complex cleaner
15 - IE immersive environments 1.1
16 - IEX1.5a
17 - enhanced equipment docks
18 - li_modv7
19 - xrm 1
20 - xrm 2
21 - xrm hull low
22 - xrm hud
23 - docking ware size
24 - lucikes storage capacity
25 - XRMi 1.30.5a

scripts:
MARS+data
NPC bailing addon
Salvage Claim Software
Salvage Command and NPCs
Salvage command suite 411
JSON parser lib
AP libs 2.2
Befehlsbibliothek
automated satelite networks 2
MK3_Opt_1.8.9.7_fixed
trade overview 2.053
Universe Explorers 2.4.2
XRM Universe Colored Map 3.0
cheat collection
dock lookup fix
follow me
gates_no_rep_loss
jump
marine repairs and training
numeric ranks
safe undocking
FDN
CSecG 2.05
PM
SSDN

Perkel

Arcane
Frankly i wouldn't install mods until you will need them. First check which mods sre cimparibile with xtended and then get xtended version

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

These are the mods that I've installed in my last playthrough. You may want to have a look at them as the features are pretty nice(convenient or additions). You may want to ignore the SSDN, PM, FDN and li_modv7 if you are not into empire building.
There are also the invasion plugins that add some life to the game(yaki, pirates, etc). You would often see massive battles between factions at the expense of processing power.

Keep in mind that the fake patches order is important.

fake patches:
14 - complex cleaner
15 - IE immersive environments 1.1
16 - IEX1.5a
17 - enhanced equipment docks
18 - li_modv7
19 - xrm 1
20 - xrm 2
21 - xrm hull low
22 - xrm hud
23 - docking ware size
24 - lucikes storage capacity
25 - XRMi 1.30.5a

scripts:
MARS+data
NPC bailing addon
Salvage Claim Software
Salvage Command and NPCs
Salvage command suite 411
JSON parser lib
AP libs 2.2
Befehlsbibliothek
automated satelite networks 2
MK3_Opt_1.8.9.7_fixed
trade overview 2.053
Universe Explorers 2.4.2
XRM Universe Colored Map 3.0
cheat collection
dock lookup fix
follow me
gates_no_rep_loss
jump
marine repairs and training
numeric ranks
safe undocking
FDN
CSecG 2.05
PM
SSDN

Meh, that seems like a lot of work.

I just wanted to make my first play as "complete" as i could so that i don't have to play the game again. I know myself, i can get pretty obsessed when i play a game for the first time but once my interest levels start to wane i rarely go back to it, unless the game is extremely good.

asxetos

Augur
Meh, that seems like a lot of work.

I just wanted to make my first play as "complete" as i could so that i don't have to play the game again. I know myself, i can get pretty obsessed when i play a game for the first time but once my interest levels start to wane i rarely go back to it, unless the game is extremely good.

Just install XTC latest version and grab the Missile Defence Mosquito (I seriously cant play without it) and you are done.
If you cant find the MDM standalone script let me know, i have it somewhere.

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Just stick to Albion Prelude.
Extended TC is nice but also ads a lot of bullcrap, whereas AP offers a cleaner experience and a better Sandbox than Vanilla Terran Conflict.
Hell, the changed behavior of enemy Missile Frigates and ramped up Corvette Laser Generators alone are a reason to chose it over TC.

That aside: Anyone playing Rebirth Beta 3.0 and willing to give a few comments whether it's worth playing?

cw8

Cipher
Will only give a shit when we can actually fly multiple ships, or when Egosoft makes an actual X4.

Turjan

Arcane
The bottom line is that you shouldn't play any of them. You will spend 40 hours of gameplay only to realize that you're not going anywhere or doing anything and oh God where did my life go? I need that life back! FORTY HOURS OF MY LIFE!!!!
Meh. I think my vanilla game of X3:TC alone had far more than one month of ingame time clocked in the official statistics. Then I installed mods and made my own.

Perkel

Arcane
Just stick to Albion Prelude.
Extended TC is nice but also ads a lot of bullcrap, whereas AP offers a cleaner experience and a better Sandbox than Vanilla Terran Conflict.
Hell, the changed behavior of enemy Missile Frigates and ramped up Corvette Laser Generators alone are a reason to chose it over TC.

That aside: Anyone playing Rebirth Beta 3.0 and willing to give a few comments whether it's worth playing?

What bullcrap ? XTC is extremely focused. Sure there are some things like space lifeforms but they are rarity.

Only downside (if we can call it that way) is faction system reputation. Which means that for a long time you will need to work your way up just to be able to buy simple ship. Still it gives you this nice idea of progression so that you won't be buying m6 just like that because you had spare few mln. You can reach common rank quite quickly so you will be able to buy smaller traders and older fighters.

My most beloved thing in XTC was always taking small fighter carrier (3-4 fighters) jump to destination clean enemy and go back to mother base. Later that fun increased as i had proper carriers and i basically dropped armada on enemies heads.

As of 3.00 good changes. With every new update to 3.00 beta they add new features:

Release Notes

Version 3.00 Beta 4 (188947)

Note: Voice recordings and localisations for texts that are new in 3.00 are not yet included.

Note: This is not the complete and final new feature list for 3.00.

• New Feature: Interactive holomap with mouse support, rotation, panning and automatic zoom between map levels.
• New Feature: Stations can now be built in Empty Space zones.
• New Feature: Dangerous regions that can damage your ship (feature implemented but regions not yet in map).
• New Feature: Crafting of special items (menu present but feature not yet fully enabled).
• New Feature: Beta 3 New non-plot mission chains.
• New Feature: Beta 3 Employee training to improve skills (feature not yet fully enabled).
• New Feature: Beta 3 Ware exchange between player ships and stations.
• New Feature: Subsystem target cycling.
• Beta 4 Added ability to run in first person mode.
• Added custom trade offer price settings.
• Added new kind of floating crate that must be opened by destroying locks.
• Added new trade and targeting software upgrades for the player ship.
• Added option to enable automatic refuel when ships call player if they are out of fuel.
• Beta 3 Added build progress display to monitor and map.
• Beta 3 Added option to display non-squad ships in Trade Offers menu.
• Added Patrol Zone order to continuously secure a zone.
• Added Gather Resources for mining in different zones.
• Beta 3 Added option to recall all drones.
• Added encyclopedia page showing station build costs.
• Beta 3 Added estimated profit to trade menus.
• Beta 3 Added default drone setups to ship dealer drone menus.
• Beta 4 Added encyclopedia button to trade details.
• Beta 3 Added shortcut display to new main menu.
• Beta 3 Added shortcuts for property owned, player inventory and undock.
• Added new in-game statistics.
• Beta 4 Added new tips.
• Beta 4 Added ability to rename Empty Space zones once a player station has been built there (improves new feature in 3.0).
• Beta 4 Improved gamestart balancing.
• Improved smalltalk gameplay.
• Beta 4 Improved smalltalk reward balancing.
• Improved AI turret avoidance.
• Improved AI fuel station selection to reduce queues at the pumps.
• Improved AI attack behaviour on fleets of capital ships.
• Beta 3 Improved AI missile target selection.
• Beta 3 Improved small fighter attacks on big targets.
• Improved positioning of highway advertising signs to avoid traffic.
• Improved price calculation and discount system to make trading viable for a wider range of wares (new base prices to come).
• Improved balancing of police licence prices, bounty rewards and mission rewards.
• Beta 4 Improved behaviour of Recall Drones and Smart Defence buttons in Ability menu.
• Beta 3 Improved refuelling behaviour so that local budgets are no longer wasted on fuel.
• Beta 3 Improved effect on production efficiency of station employees, including skill levels.
• Beta 3 Improved AI engineer balancing.
• Beta 4 Improved holomap colour settings.
• Fixed occasional highway-related sound cut-out.
• Fixed builder ship positioning.
• Beta 3 Fixed respawning of hidden ships once claimed.
• Fixed further cases of production getting stuck when storage for some products is full.
• Fixed attack/defend configuration of Defence Officer not working in some cases.
• Fixed unfriendly NPCs allowing further question options after "Where can I find...?".
• Fixed Refuel command being displayed twice in the pilot info.
• Beta 3 Fixed command info showing 'Docking' when ships undocking.
• Fixed wares being listed as available for resource gathering on ships not capable of mining them.
• Beta 3 Fixed negative credits in logbook messages.
• Beta 3 Fixed missing remaining discount time.
• Beta 3 Fixed "unlocked" percentage being shown for player-owned objects.
• Beta 4 Fixed incorrect unit capacity calculation in trader menus.
• Beta 4 Fixed production times in the info menu not updating.
• Beta 3 Fixed "Account Updated" notification sometimes reporting double amounts, even when transferred amounts are correct.
• Beta 3 Fixed trades failing completely if pilot funds are not sufficient for entire amount.
• Beta 4 Fixed additional wares being transported if an empty transport drone is destroyed on its return trip.
• Fixed ships with trade orders stuck in following player ship (stuck trades will be completed after current task).
• Fixed capital ships not shooting at some stations.
• Beta 4 Fixed station not attacking enemies in several situations.
• Beta 4 Fixed damage per second simulation for ships using missiles as weapons when player is not present.
• Beta 4 Fixed demolition drone ammo.
• Fixed remote controlled missiles not moving if player stops controlling them.
• Beta 3 Fixed custom trade offer price settings not being saved in savegames (feature introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed player-owned ships unable to deliver wares to homebase if manager had no money (introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed ships not finishing planned trade trips in certain situations.
• Fixed ships behaving as though moving while actually standing still.
• Beta 4 Fixed ships getting stuck in highways.
• Fixed at least one cause of unexpected warping of player ship to a new location.
• Fixed cockpit camera movement not working when loading a savegame. • Fixed missing voice feedback for some orders.
• Fixed incorrect NPC voice feedback when there are no explicit orders.
• Fixed prices of new trade software upgrades (feature introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed object positions on map when viewing a different sector.
• Beta 4 Fixed inability to zoom out when viewing large objects via external camera (introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed random initial mouse position when mouse cursor activated on platform.
• Fixed subsystem target cycling not doing anything when no target object is selected (introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed target cycling sometimes skipping a target or selecting the wrong one.
• Fixed missing control remapping for new subsystem target cycling keys (introduced in 3.0).
• Fixed rare case of current target being lost when cycling targets.
• Fixed repaired surface elements not being targetable.
• Fixed capital ships not showing target elements directly after having been constructed, refueled, or repaired.
• Fixed several other rare problems with target elements.
• Fixed various problems with "re-pinging" of mission targets.
• Fixed various problems with crosshair information display.
• Fixed ability menu not updating if new drone is installed while menu is open.
• Beta 4 Fixed slider range for drones on small ship trader.
• Beta 4 Fixed problems targeting certain buttons using mouse controls (introduced in 3.0).
• Beta 3 Fixed flickering of buttons in Ability menu with mouse controlsin some cases.
• Beta 3 Fixed case where buttion in Ability menu could get stuck in the active state.
• Fixed several other minor menu behaviour issues.
• Fixed various causes of the most common causes of crashes and improved crash reporting.
• Beta 4 Fixed several more causes of game and menu crashes.
• Optimisations resulting in performance improvements, especially in busy areas.

Note: If a problem is not listed as fixed above then it is probably not being addressed in this patch, but may be planned for a future one.

Note: When switching back from the Beta to the Release version, you may encounter problems with the controls. To resolve this, go to the in-game Start Menu and select Settings, Controls, Restore Defaults. Alternatively, if you make a copy of your inputmap.xml file before starting the Beta, you can simply copy this file back into your \Documents\Egosoft\X Rebirth folder. Deleting the file will not solve the problem as it will be restored from the Steam Cloud.

64-bit

Only 64-bit versions of the game are now being provided.

Note: The system requirements for the game have always stated that it requires a 64-bit version of Windows, and that future updates for the 32-bit version was not guaranteed indefinitely.

Steam does not currently support automatic crashdump upload for 64-bit applications. We are therefore using a third party tool to provide this facility. If there is a crash then a standard crashdump will be created and uploaded to the third party site, from where we can perform analysis to determine the cause. As with Steam crashdumps no personal information is included in these crashdumps.

Note: The primary aim of the 64-bit version is to remove the memory limitations of 32-bit. This should improve stability, because the game is less likely to run out of memory, and reduce stutter, because certain essential assets that cannot be loaded in the background can stay in memory for longer. It is not likely to significantly improve general performance, though it's possible that it may do so for certain people under certain circumstances.

Known Issues

Please do not report things that are listed in the documentation as known issues.

• Transport drones sometimes take time to reach target (workaround: just wait).
• Autopilot flight over surface of large objects can be erratic (workaround: disable autopilot).
• Using Alt-Tab during fullscreen video playback will cause video/sound to get out of sync (workaround: press Esc to skip video).

Duellist_D

Savant
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
What bullcrap ? XTC is extremely focused. Sure there are some things like space lifeforms but they are rarity.

Mainly the inflated amount of ships that seem to be focusing on the "ololol, lets put something stronger and stronger in our new factions, who Needs shipbalancing anyway"
Though thinking of that, i probably had the xtended mod for x3 in mind when writing my above Statement.

Also regarding the the 3.0 changes: would prefer some comments on actuall gameplay from experience and whether it really improved.
I have Devnet-Access but i'd prefer first-Hand voices from somewhere else atm.

Perkel

Arcane
There are no new factions in XTC. maybe you are confusing Xtended with xtended like mod for X3 Reunion ?
What they did though was to add for every ship and station graphic so each side of conflict is distinct instead of using almost the same assests. There are few new ships but mostly either they are end game or their purpose is well defined. They added though ton of weapons but mostly those wepons are now connected with factions like Khak. Also love their change so that factions have different weapon they can install instead of all ships being unified in that aspect.

As of 3.00 Personally i don't have yet full opinion as 3.00 beta doesn't have yet all features and frankly it looks like those futures will be added till release of 3.00 as there are no currently new regions or Teladi ships in game (which is main point of DLC/freeexpansion and 3.0).

As of 2.5 my opinion was presented in this thread already. So imo wait for 3.0 then give it honest try. It's not like there are any games to look forward in that genre other than Star Citizent and Limit Theory.

cw8

Cipher
My most beloved thing in XTC was always taking small fighter carrier (3-4 fighters) jump to destination clean enemy and go back to mother base. Later that fun increased as i had proper carriers and i basically dropped armada on enemies heads.

I have more than a thousand hours on the X series, starting from X2 all the way to X3: AP and I can say this is the best joy in the game. Nothing like taking a whole carrier fleet with escorting M2s and M6s to an epic battle while you fly in a Hyperion to dogfight. The thing about that that sucks without using mods is that your AI controlled ships from the carrier crashes all the time. I know there are carrier mods but I've yet to give it a shot. I really hope Egosoft makes a real X4. I haven't really found a modern space flight sim that has the depth of the X series just yet.

Perkel

Arcane
yeah at this level without carrier mod it would be impossible to to reach anything.

Main culprit is SETA as when you turn it on it basically cheats making AI do less stuff like check if that place has something in it and then crash because check was to slow to notice it.

I talked with XTC dudes because i though just switching off collision damage would be great to improve gameplay like this but they said they though about it but they can't without source code as they would need to change rockets as rockets in this game are basically ships and switching off collision damage would mean that rockets wouldn't blow on contact but bounce off ship.

As for X-Rebirth. After they added small ships to game (in 2.5) you can now build fleet of ships and there are carriers in game but they are useless imo as there is no fleet command menu yet like in X3.

Modding community discovered way to make new menus in new side bar menu that was introduced in 2.5 so possibly they would be able to add fleet command later.

As for cockpit some dude created bridge mod that essentially gives you ability to run L/XL ships yourself:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=314225272&searchtext=

637x358.resizedimage

I found it few days ago and i will probably try to play 3.0 in few next days to see if it is any good.

cw8

Cipher
yeah at this level without carrier mod it would be impossible to to reach anything.

Main culprit is SETA as when you turn it on it basically cheats making AI do less stuff like check if that place has something in it and then crash because check was to slow to notice it.

I talked with XTC dudes because i though just switching off collision damage would be great to improve gameplay like this but they said they though about it but they can't without source code as they would need to change rockets as rockets in this game are basically ships and switching off collision damage would mean that rockets wouldn't blow on contact but bounce off ship.

As for X-Rebirth. After they added small ships to game (in 2.5) you can now build fleet of ships and there are carriers in game but they are useless imo as there is no fleet command menu yet like in X3.

Modding community discovered way to make new menus in new side bar menu that was introduced in 2.5 so possibly they would be able to add fleet command later.

As for cockpit some dude created bridge mod that essentially gives you ability to run L/XL ships yourself:

I found it few days ago and i will probably try to play 3.0 in few next days to see if it is any good.

If the M4s crash, I wouldn't have so much of a problem with it. Problem is the M3s crash as well and those costs a bomb to replace even when you have billions. Also the AI carrier ships seem retarded somewhat and aren't too responsive to commands right off the bat.

Good, I hope more and more features get added to Rebirth, what a bloody disappointment it was at launch. I haven't touched it since. How are the controls now? There were horrible at launch. I'll play it once we get to fly other ships and have all the functional ship/fleet commands.

Perkel

Arcane
controls are good now on k/b. They introduced from X3 sidebar ui. There are still some uis like talking that require that wheel menu but i heard they are trying to sort that too in future.

cw8

Cipher
controls are good now on k/b. They introduced from X3 sidebar ui. There are still some uis like talking that require that wheel menu but i heard they are trying to sort that too in future.

I used a gamepad to fly in X2 and X3 with the basic controls like fire, menus, quickdock and map on the buttons in conjunction with the others controls on the kb. Is that all good now?

Perkel

Arcane
yeah i play with PS3 pad.

Started 3.0 to see how game plays now. One thing i noticed that direstically changed from even 2.5 are those missions. Before 3.0 almost all misions were easy - ~15k medium - ~30k hard ~50k where now i had mission to delivery some contraband for 280k. Also i found missions like destroying ads in different sectors for 500k and few others.

Also economy was bit tuned. I found that no longer you need those "deals" (by scaning station or small talk) to make successful trade. I found for example factory buying ice for +50% where something like this wasn't possible earlier without deals. Deals themselves become much less worthwhile.

Hard mode added fixed your ship being overpowered and without upgrades you are essentially sitting duck for even small group of fighters.

I am currently trying to buy few small fighters as my escort to try harder fighting missions.

Also in recent patch they added possibility to add new stations to unknown regions and rename them, so this means essentially your own private sector.

Perkel

Arcane
LOL ok i don't know if i should call it a feature of it is simply broken.

Got a EASY mission to defend station from xenon attack for 75k.... wait a minute ! That is not 75k that is 750k !
So i took it.
6 ships showed up i destroyed one 5 other were shoot down by station itself. +750k....

cw8

Cipher
yeah i play with PS3 pad.

I am currently trying to buy few small fighters as my escort to try harder fighting missions.

Also in recent patch they added possibility to add new stations to unknown regions and rename them, so this means essentially your own private sector.

Good to know thanks

I believe I have to go back to revisit the game one of these days, see if it's worth playing now. We can't buy and own small fighters permanently?

Perkel

Arcane
You can buy now small/medium ships (fighters, traders, miners etc). IT was introduced in 2.5 and it was my main gripe with X-Rebirth at start.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom