Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
How is this game doing? Currently has 70% off. And X3 is about a dolla.
Just a warning that the steam version of the community of planets has less discount than the gog.com version presently - and these games regularly go on sale. I'm going to hold out till December because I don't have the time right now. But yeah if I was going to get it, probably GOG.com would be the way I'd go just because its $10AUD cheaper than the steam version.

See its dodgy because the steam base price is $180AUD, but the Gog is $140 - so they're lying to you when they say its 60% off.

Stokowski

Arcane
The Timelines expansion .... You start out trapped in one place, and before you can escape to the larger game you must complete a long series of missions, some of which are quite difficult.

Eh? You can leave and resume the Timelines missions at any point and your main game will be updated accordingly.

(Was it different at launch?)

Old One

Arcane
The Timelines expansion .... You start out trapped in one place, and before you can escape to the larger game you must complete a long series of missions, some of which are quite difficult.

Eh? You can leave and resume the Timelines missions at any point and your main game will be updated accordingly.

Yes, that's true, but that's a separate game from Timelines then. If you want to play Timelines to the end rather than jump back and forth between two games, it's a bit of a slog.

When I started out I began with Timelines, so I didn't have a "main game."

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A fanbase who gives us crucial feedback. Which we then ignore almost every time

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom