Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-COM XCOM 2 + War of the Chosen Expansion Thread

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Oh yeah and the loading times on my 1.4 Ghz processor are... really, really, really slow. Like, two minutes a pop.
It's not a memory issue 'cause I got a solid 8 GB; you just need a better processor than that is all.

(What? I am not buying a new computer until the old one breaks. I don't care about FPS. TBH I am impressed this thing is still working; it's been running every single day since five years ago, and I never shut it down. And it's a notebook.)
Do you have it on an Ssd drive? I read that game really works better on one.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Meanwhile, I'm still working on some dark VIPs.
2016-02-05_00006_zpsqmoxbsyb.jpg

Beowulf

Arcane

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh yeah and the loading times on my 1.4 Ghz processor are... really, really, really slow. Like, two minutes a pop.
It's not a memory issue 'cause I got a solid 8 GB; you just need a better processor than that is all.

(What? I am not buying a new computer until the old one breaks. I don't care about FPS. TBH I am impressed this thing is still working; it's been running every single day since five years ago, and I never shut it down. And it's a notebook.)
Do you have it on an Ssd drive? I read that game really works better on one.
I don't think they were even invented when my ancient laptop was made.

I'm thinking of getting a nice ~1500$-2000$ one to replace it. Can't take a desktop 'cause I am moving out of the country fairly soon + need a notebook for work.

Still, honestly, I am impressed the game is playable on a computer manufactured in 2009...

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm playing with a Quad Core and have no issues at all. I think the game is indeed gpu intensive , for whatever reason.

Monocause

Arcane
Yo guys, can't play right now but I've read on the net that one of the things that seem to cause a performance issue is that for some reason X-Com 2 process is set to 'below normal' priority by default and setting it to high helps a lot with performance in many places. Can someone check it out and see if that's not BS?

Zetor

Arcane
IIRC it only switches to below normal when you alt-tab out, which is actually not a bad thing (though it does make it so that alt-tabbing during long loads may be counterproductive).

Naraya

Arcane
Gameplay aside, I am disgusted by how lazy the developers became regarding software optimization. Reading stuff like https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/44adc5/xcom_2_pc_performance_review/ makes me lose all hope for the future. I mean, this is a freaking turn based, PC exclusive game, not a piece of art for chrissake.

I will wait things out. No way I'm upgrading my GTX 670 i5 which is perfectly fine for my gaming habits.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The shitty long ass loading time for every little thing is making me hesitate to play this game for long period of time which I do for the first one.
On the plus side, I got free time to gamedev.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Honestly?

I want to play this game so bad that I decided to buy a new computer.
On my credit card. Won't ship for 3 weeks though. (The price I pay for a good deal.)

I really am turning American...!

:mrpresident:

MediantSamuel

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Firaxis really did a piss poor job with the optimization.

Wtf lol.

Yep. Getting about 45 to 50 ish fps on max when I'm actually in a mission but it likes to jump around a lot on the Skyranger "loading screens". I'm sure the base runs at shit fps too.

Also loading takes ages despite the fact I installed the game onto a new SSD. :(

Heresiarch

Prophet
Holy shit I got utterly destroyed in the first two missions. :lol:

The performance is absolutely horrible though. The stuttering is simply unbearable. In fact, normally I won't mind stuttering in games (too much)...but this is the kind of game that is already making me :argh: while playing normally so the extra stuttering really makes me want to smash the monitor.

I think I'll wait for a couple of patches.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
On my very mediocre system, at least gpu wise, gtx760 it does well after i decreased shadow to only static or something, quality med, rest is med, textures is high, fxaa. Only stutters a little during mission load.

Completed the intro, ill think ill restart on legend. Not sure about ironman, mostly since i fear the corrupt save game monster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom