Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

CHEMS

Scholar
anyone with experience on bound weapons/armor mods?

some background: if i were to name the most annoying playstyle, it would be heavy armor + marksman + alchemy due to sheer annoyance of weight limit.
Yes, i was cheating the system so far with mods.

However now im thinking about disabling all the weight cheats by reducing the weight, while keeping my character relatively magic illiterate.

As such im thinking about running dagger+bow alchemist, in cloths, using bound equipment.
Quick look shows that there are mods which add missing bound armor pieces, other take care of bound armaments not being properly recognized as light armor.
Bound arrows appear to be wonky when looking at mods description...
Mid game would wear single jewelry having constant effect on all the bound stuff, early game would rely on time limited ones.

It would also reduce weight of hammers and need for armorer skill
Bound to Balance + Magicka Expanded + Magical Repairing + Animate Weapon = End of your problems

CHEMS

Scholar
Challenged Divayth Fyr for a Soul Battle and he summoned fucking Vivec and Dagoth Ur, what a cheating bitch

r0undc.png

Funposter

Arcane
Sigourn any of these good for Sharp?

I don't play Morrowind any more, but I've used and enjoyed Harder Barter, Silver Tongue, and Poison Crafting in the past.
Honestly I just consider all of these to be essential to a modern load order. Harder Barter in particular fixes like 90% of the issues with the economy and thereby around half of the balance issues in the entire game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
End of your problems
with those my problems would just start!

to begin with, it all sounds like poorly emulating requiem experience.
It also forces me to get into conjuration, while id rather do it by enchanting.

then there is an issue of balance. Bound dagger is strong, but not op. You can use it through the whole game. Yes, you can get stronger options late game through daedric wakishazi, but it still does the job. Its also not too op early on.
Meanwhile bound bow is bonkers. Your character might suck but with this you can kill everything.

I think at this point i need to wait for alzheimer

CHEMS

Scholar
End of your problems

then there is an issue of balance. Bound dagger is strong, but not op. You can use it through the whole game. Yes, you can get stronger options late game through daedric wakishazi, but it still does the job. Its also not too op early on.
Meanwhile bound bow is bonkers. Your character might suck but with this you can kill everything.

Animate Weapons is conjuration, but it's actually very easy and cheap to cast. Kinda OP, really

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
End of your problems

Bound weapons and gear are just so powerful...
No weight AND no fatigue loss when swinging the weapon.
AND they do great damage since they are based on Daedric weapons...

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
my quest towards finding perfect larp continues. Ive realized that I quite enjoy unarmored. Which got me thinking, perhaps monk?
And then it progressed towards monk ninja vampire werewolf, possibly finishing main quest through dark path. Maybe skip werewolf, not sure.

Now I need a bunch of things:
- i know i recall seeing somewhere mod that affects potions chugging but I cant find it now. Does it ring a bell for anyone?
- im more or less fine with unarmored state of things in vanilla, becoming vampire bernie should give me enough of boost in there. What Im not too happy about is fisting. Is there anything that makes it a bit stronger? Perhaps give boost to vampires and beast races like what werewolves have with attacking health directly? I saw a number of mods but its hard to pick one without experience, some sound a bit op, other introduce gauntlets/knuckles that im not too happy about. I can do poisons with throwing knives. This sound intriguing https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45864?tab=description , especially the part about boosting certain enemies, but im not too sure if it isnt game braking.
- there are tons of vampire mods and I could use some guidance here too. For example this https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42209 sounds nice? Id like to be a bit more social for sure, progress some thieves guild quests in between murder hobo activities, dump gold into training etc

Side note - cant remember, do I need to postpone becoming vampire until I reach 100 in respective attributes?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
my quest towards finding perfect larp continues. Ive realized that I quite enjoy unarmored. Which got me thinking, perhaps monk?
And then it progressed towards monk ninja vampire werewolf, possibly finishing main quest through dark path. Maybe skip werewolf, not sure.

- i know i recall seeing somewhere mod that affects potions chugging but I cant find it now. Does it ring a bell for anyone?
- im more or less fine with unarmored state of things in vanilla, becoming vampire bernie should give me enough of boost in there. What Im not too happy about is fisting. Is there anything that makes it a bit stronger? Perhaps give boost to vampires and beast races like what werewolves have with attacking health directly? I saw a number of mods but its hard to pick one without experience, some sound a bit op, other introduce gauntlets/knuckles that im not too happy about. I can do poisons with throwing knives. This sound intriguing https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45864?tab=description , especially the part about boosting certain enemies, but im not too sure if it isnt game braking.
- there are tons of vampire mods and I could use some guidance here too. For example this https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42209 sounds nice? Id like to be a bit more social for sure, progress some thieves guild quests in between murder hobo activities, dump gold into training etc

Side note - cant remember, do I need to postpone becoming vampire until I reach 100 in respective attributes?
Unarmed mods are a bit wonky in that they make the werewolves into absolute engines of massacre and destruction.
Unarmed damage is keyed to the skill itself, NOT Strength (as you would normally expect) in the original game.
Werewolves have huge Strength and their attacks are technically using the Unarmed skill, which they happen to have it very high...
I believe Morrowind Patch Project (or was it Open Morrowind?) fixed Unarmored.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Unarmed damage is keyed to the skill itself, NOT Strength (as you would normally expect) in the original game.
(Hand-to-Hand Skill * 0.075 * Critical Hit Modifier) / Armor Reduction
skill value in formula makes it negligible. Basically increases it by 1 every 13 points.

With code patch:
Strength-based hand to hand damage. Hand to hand damage was only based on the skill level. It now varies with strength. The damage is equivalent to original Morrowind damage at 40 strength and increases up to 2.5x at 100 strength.
its still on meh side. Especially when you look at things from progression side and that my strength might not be reaching 100s

Unarmed mods are a bit wonky in that they make the werewolves into absolute engines of massacre and destruction.
im... fine with that actually. Especially Id welcome marara becoming true boss of morrowind.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
(Hand-to-Hand Skill * 0.075 * Critical Hit Modifier) / Armor Reduction
skill value in formula makes it negligible. Basically increases it by 1 every 13 points.

With code patch:
Strength-based hand to hand damage. Hand to hand damage was only based on the skill level. It now varies with strength. The damage is equivalent to original Morrowind damage at 40 strength and increases up to 2.5x at 100 strength.
its still on meh side. Especially when you look at things from progression side and that my strength might not be reaching 100s

im... fine with that actually. Especially Id welcome marara becoming true boss of morrowind.
The labyrinth of Hircine in Bloodmoon...
:shredder:

CHEMS

Scholar

There's a mod for vampires called Vampiric Hunger or something like that, that allows you to use unarmored to immobilize, enslave or bleed dry other npcs. You can turn them into thralls and vampires too.

It's quite buggy though, so i won't recommend

Controlled Consumption
Good mod, i have it in my load list

CHEMS

Scholar
Stacking Sanctuary sure is fun. Sitting at 71pts with constant enchants and mobs have a real hard time hitting me. I aiming towards hitting 100% constant sanctuary so only the strongest mobs get to hit me

Look at this dumbass lizard trying to hit me, stupid daedra

yzzx41.png

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Stacking Sanctuary sure is fun. Sitting at 71pts with constant enchants and mobs have a real hard time hitting me. I aiming towards hitting 100% constant sanctuary so only the strongest mobs get to hit me

Look at this dumbass lizard trying to hit me, stupid daedra

yzzx41.png
I never tried messing around with Sanctuary effects much.
I'm guessing you stack Sanctuary and Agility and Luck to avoid enemies from hitting you entirely.

CHEMS

Scholar
I'm guessing you stack Sanctuary and Agility and Luck to avoid enemies from hitting you entirely.
That's the plan, you're right

I have high agi (plus the Ring of the Wind) and around 74 luck. Sanctuary caps at 100, with high enough AGI and LCK, only the Hands of Almalexia and Gaenor could hit you (reliably) since they have ridiculous fortify attack/long blade (the hands) and luck (Gaenor's got 770 i believe).

I have a lot of modded content, so i don't know about modded bosses, i'm about to start Caldera Priory and see if the bosses can hit me

Losus4

Novice
You're better off selling that daedric shield and spending the money on block training. High block skill with an iron shield will do more than high level gear with inadequate skill. Even with high block the weight/defence value of the shield does not compensate for it's selling value.

CHEMS

Scholar
You're better off selling that daedric shield and spending the money on block training. High block skill with an iron shield will do more than high level gear with inadequate skill. Even with high block the weight/defence value of the shield does not compensate for it's selling value.
That shield is giving me 89+ strength... And my block is at 50.

grimer

Learned
i've done this larp before on ironman and it was pretty fun although you need to grind hand to hand in the early game otherwise your punches will barely drain stamina and it would take forever to knock out enemies. not as painful as it sounds since the skill trains really fast. iirc my dunmer monk started with 35 and managed to train it to 80+ by punching every critter to death between seyda neen and balmora. i was also playing it with galsiah's character mod at the time (there is a better mod now called cccp) which allows you to increase skills/attributes past 100 but with diminishing returns and towards the end of the game my character had 160+ in hand to hand. he can deplete hundreds of stamina with a single sneak attack punch then stagger lock enemies with a flurry of punches to knock them out. the damage is pitiful though even with the bonus from attacking unconscious enemies (i think it was 2.5x?) but at that point you've already won. also fighting multiple enemies can be a problem so i used shuriken to lure them one by one or tried to separate them by jumping over obstacles with high acrobatics + hoptoad ring. i'd recommend playing as a dunmer (sanctuary) or breton (shield) to maximize early game survivability.

CHEMS

Scholar
Turns out that 100 sanctuary is great for avoiding melee, but won't work so much for avoiding ranged attacks

1tcil5.png

Tel Velothi

Cipher
It's a little bit sad that some skills are not well balanced. Like Acrobatics for example - it's much less usefull skill than Alteration which along with MANY different spells have Jump effect. Also Security skill vs Alteration's "Open" spell. :(
With Security you can only open stuff, while alteration is amazingly a much better and versatile skill.

CHEMS

Scholar
It's a little bit sad that some skills are not well balanced. Like Acrobatics for example - it's much less usefull skill than Alteration which along with MANY different spells have Jump effect. Also Security skill vs Alteration's "Open" spell. :(
With Security you can only open stuff, while alteration is amazingly a much better and versatile skill.
You can open any (non scripted) lock in the game with little alteration skill, there are some mods that try to fix this though

100pts open is cheap to cast, telekinesis counter any traps, no reason to train security

None

Scholar
The purpose of Acrobatics is to help pump strength quickly and be a faster form of running.

Yosharian

Arcane
Security has a purpose if you are playing without magic, which I'm doing on my next character to make the game extra hard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom