Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your test site sucks

Do you zoom in when reading the Codex?

• Yes, I usually or regularly zoom in (increasing the font size) in order to read the Codex.

Votes: 82 26.9%
  • On the odd occasion, I have had to zoom in. Maybe on a particular device.

Votes: 37 12.1%
  • No. Never.

Votes: 148 48.5%
  • Bitch, I zoom out.

Votes: 21 6.9%
  • Oh Comrade of Kings, lament not our sins.

Votes: 17 5.6%

• Total voters

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
New site sucks as it requires you to accept all cookies and it doesn't save your password properly. Either that or it's a Brave browser thing that hates the new software.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
New site sucks as it requires you to accept all cookies and it doesn't save your password properly. Either that or it's a Brave browser thing that hates the new software.

It's a test site.

I think the look, style, and arrangement are more important for feedback.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

It's a test site.

In order for me to give proper feedback I need to at least be able to see more then the log in part.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's a test site.

In order for me to give proper feedback I need to at least be able to see more then the log in part.

Buy a burner computer, and log into the codex unprotected.

Destroy the computer immediately when you are done viewing the test website.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Looks like absolute shit.

Everything is huge, no clear distinction between post areas and content. Colors are way to vibrant, contrast is shit. Top bar is huge and takes away too much screen space (how do you even hide that shit?).

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

It's a test site.

Buy a burner computer, and log into the codex unprotected.

Destroy the computer immediately when you are done viewing the test website.

So you're saying you'll buy me a new computer then? :lol:

Zibniyat

Arcane
What "test site"? What are you people even talking about? I don't see anything new whatsoever, so what's all the uproar about?

Humbaba

Arcane
Animated avatars don't work, I can't tell you how upset that makes me

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
bVojqBQ.png

VERDICT:
vci30kJ.png

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's a goddamn eyesore. Everything is 5x larger than it needs to be. The horizontal stripes are completely unnecessary. It's much harder at a glance to tell if a thread has new posts. Page numbers are for some reason really faint and hard to distinguish from the background.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
It's a goddamn eyesore. Everything is 5x larger than it needs to be. The horizontal stripes are completely unnecessary. It's much harder at a glance to tell if a thread has new posts. Page numbers are for some reason really faint and hard to distinguish from the background.

One thing I've seen sites do is make different selectable "styles" for the website, with the "mobile friendly" style as the default.

When ur logged in though, you can have the proper monocled style selected.

TL/DR: Mobile is a Cancer. Nuke it from orbit.

Zibniyat

Arcane
I just now saw the new headline, I usually have "New Posts" as my starting page so I didn't see it. Well, time to check that one out.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
The search function works way, way worse than the old one despite having more options (read: it doesn't work at all). For example if I look for the word "littered" posted by me I get exactly one result (as it should be) but if I do it within the new forum no results are given. And yeah, it doesn't look good.

Vlajdermen

Arcane

One thing I've seen sites do is make different selectable "styles" for the website, with the "mobile friendly" style as the default.

When ur logged in though, you can have the proper monocled style selected.

TL/DR: Mobile is a Cancer. Nuke it from orbit.
Fuk that, return to the 2000s forum aesthetic, make it the only option.

Or at least make a mobile version that isn't ugly.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I do not like new site layout. It look like dog poop very much. Do not redeem site design. Thank you for listening. Love from India.

fork

They will implement this. And Codex will not be the same.

I lost count on how many forums suicided in this way:
new forum software, everyone is against it because it's objectively worse, gets implemented anyway, forum death.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I disagree. Are you one of those people complaining about the Reddit redesign as well?

The new reddit UI is objectively shit unless you are addicted to popups, so what's your point?

The new codex UI looks like a mobile UI mockup. Everything is too far apart, looks flat and without detail :majordecline:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom