Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It has passed around 7 years I think. Riju for example is now legal.

The fact that they don't explain what happened to all the sheikah technology bothers me. Where did the guardians and the divine beasts go?

Caim

Arcane
The fact that they don't explain what happened to all the sheikah technology bothers me. Where did the guardians and the divine beasts go?
How about Link's abilities he got from the Champions? Revali was an asshole, but his ability was extremely useful.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

Nintendo has no idea how to tell a good story.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I do like the explanation of where the Sheikah shrines and towers went.
All of the gloom pits leading to the underworld are where they used to be.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I constantly forget I have it. It's very weird.
yup lol.
It gives me alot of "AHA!" moments. I'll spend like 10 minutes trying to think outside the box on how to do a certain thing and then I'll remember I have ascend and just do the thing easily. It's fuckin dumb. Annoyingly so. I think it's because ultrahand plays such a big part in 90% of the puzzles that it makes you forget you have this badass teleport ability. Ascend is a pretty big game changer but is overshadowed by the stupid ultrahand because of how often it's required.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Only nine hours in but the game feels super disappointing after Breath of the Wild. It feels like their entire philosophy when making the game was "MORE." Game isn't big enough? Add an underworld, who cares if it looks boring and lacks interesting encounters (other than the initial shock of it). Fuck it lets add sky islands too. And vehicles. Wouldn't it be cool if people could make tanks and airships???? What if they made giant battle mechs?!?!?! Let's add more collectibles too!

The entire game lacks the subtlety and finesse of Breath of the Wild. The tutorial is a good microcosm of it. Breath of the Wild drops you on a large plateau and lets you explore and figure out the games systems, with small diegetic hints to ease you into the mechanics. Tears of the Kingdom just straight up drops you in a 3 hour long linear tutorial with robots that tell you everything about the game and challenges that force you to learn how to properly build vehicles. Breath of the Wild felt like a world to explore, Tears of the Kingdom just feels like a toy.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Only nine hours in but the game feels super disappointing after Breath of the Wild. It feels like their entire philosophy when making the game was "MORE." Game isn't big enough? Add an underworld, who cares if it looks boring and lacks interesting encounters (other than the initial shock of it). Fuck it lets add sky islands too. And vehicles. Wouldn't it be cool if people could make tanks and airships???? What if they made giant battle mechs?!?!?! Let's add more collectibles too!

The entire game lacks the subtlety and finesse of Breath of the Wild. The tutorial is a good microcosm of it. Breath of the Wild drops you on a large plateau and lets you explore and figure out the games systems, with small diegetic hints to ease you into the mechanics. Tears of the Kingdom just straight up drops you in a 3 hour long linear tutorial with robots that tell you everything about the game and challenges that force you to learn how to properly build vehicles. Breath of the Wild felt like a world to explore, Tears of the Kingdom just feels like a toy.
WRONG!

I strayed off the beaten path in the "tutorial" (it's not much of a tutorial) and had the most BotW experience you could possibly have. It lasted nearly 10 hours for me. Had I done what the game wanted me to it would have been a couple hours tops. The tutorial area lasts as long as you want it to. It's the same fuckin game with some new mechanics thrown in. It's not better or worse.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to fact check this one.

Caim

Arcane
It's bullshit. Just to name a few:

- The BotW Akkala tower is in the same spot as a shrine, which overlooks the actual pit.
- The BotW Woodland tower is on the wrong side of the road of the pit.
- The BotW central tower is far more to the west of where the pit is.
- BotW has no tower just outside Kakariko.

I will buy that the four pits on the Great Plateau match the locations of the four starting shrines in BotW though.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron

- The BotW Akkala tower is in the same spot as a shrine, which overlooks the actual pit.

I will buy that the four pits on the Great Plateau match the locations of the four starting shrines in BotW though.
That one seems correct, yes. I remember thinking the same.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If ninty would streamline the menu shit making it faster then this could be an all time great. The menu shit and shrines are about the only two things holding the game down, but they are big flaws.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

Yeah, I thought that was the case as I noticed many of them were in place of the shrines, but after checking some against a map, there are many spots where the shrines/towers are just mysteriously absent with nothing left in their place. Kinda disappointing.

It also took me longer than I care to admit to find the korok guy this time around, because I never bothered to explore or come back to the little hub area in Hyrule field at the start. I had over 50 seeds before I finally found my way back there and upgraded my storage.

Caim

Arcane
It also took me longer than I care to admit to find the korok guy this time around, because I never bothered to explore or come back to the little hub area in Hyrule field at the start. I had over 50 seeds before I finally found my way back there and upgraded my storage.
I think that a lot of the Korok seeds are now behind the "help me find my friend" things you find dotted around. They're more involved but they give you two instead of one seed.

I found Hestu the other day. I expanded my weapon inventory by 2 and then he ran away. I forgot he does that shit. It's kind of annoying.
I found him way in the middle of nowhere while heading up to Rito Village, but then he relocated to the central hub. He'll probably end up going to the forest once I get there.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Been playing this for a while, so I guess I'll post some impressions:

The game looks ok. Not nearly as good as it thinks it does (it's kinda laughable how it goes for the intro sequence title drop and 80% of the screen are sprite clouds), but it's entirely passable, as long as the camera doesn't focus too close or linger too long (which it sadly often does in cutscenes).

I like the fuse mechanic. It's still annoying how quickly weapons break, but it bothers me a lot less than it did in botw, because any old stick can be turned into a decent weapon with fuse material, and fuse materials have infinite inventory capacity. Building contraptions is a bit eh though. Takes a lot of finicky control wrestling to assemble them, and then you use them for 3 minutes before needing to abandon them (or they despawn). The autobuild power helps to alleviate it, but it's still not great.

Core gameplay feels identical to botw: same weapons, same enemies, some movesets. Flurry rush is maybe a bit harder to pull off (or I'm incredibly rusty), and you can attach various items to your arrows to spice them up.

Overall, it feels kinda like an expansion pack, not a sequel. Still having a lot of fun though, it's a good exploration game.

By biggest annoyance is probably the stupid blood moon. Feels like it shows up every 2 hours, which may as well mean enemies respawn after 5 minutes since I'll never ever run into a cleared camp before it's been respawned.

I'm quite sure this is false. The towers have gotten rebuilt into the new towers, but the shrines and all the other ancient tech stuff just seems to have vanished into thin air. To be replaced by a completely separate new set of ancient tech. Worldbuilding!

Caim

Arcane
I've completed all the memories.

Do yourself a favor and do these fuckers in order. There's some heavy plot stuff in there.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Do yourself a favor and do these fuckers in order. There's some heavy plot stuff in there.
That's a tall ask when they only become numbered after watching them the first time.

Caim

Arcane
That's a tall ask when they only become numbered after watching them the first time.
Remember that big room with the map on the ground you go to as part of Impa's quest?

Check the walls, starting with the one immediately to your left once you enter the room. The pictures are in that order for a reason.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Remember that big room with the map on the ground you go to as part of Impa's quest?
Assuming that you mean the secret temple at the bottom of the chasm, I haven't been there yet :M

Bahamut

Arcane
I've completed all the memories.

My first two memories where last ones, what a moronic design that was. They could Just make them unlockable in order... but nope

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nintendo has no idea how to tell a good story.
Majora's has really great story, but i guess that was a fluke.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom