Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Zelda: Leaks of the kingdom thread

Why did they have to make the gear look so goofy? If you fuse a stone to a sword why not just give the sword a rock-like texture instead of tacking on a rock to it? If you fuse a mushroom to a shield why not give the shield a mushroom-like spotty texture of the same color as the shroom instead of just tacking it on?

This is so fucking boring. Why did it take them 6 years to make a DLC?
Maybe they just sat on it for a year or two and will launch or reveal a new one with new hardware next year.

Last edited:
What stuff is now amiibo only? I've head that the alternate Link costumes can be found in the game, and I found a bow that used to be locked behind the Zelda amiibo. This might some alternate skins for the glider, is that it?

Climb all the way to the top of Hyrule Castle: theres's a chunk missing in the uppermost spire whre you can find the bow. Make sure to grab the Korok all the way at the top so you don't need to go back there again. If you haven't found it at that point look down to see the shrine located in the castle, make sure to tag it before you leave.

As for how to get there, stock up on some stamina regeneration potions so you have roughly two full rings worth of stamina. Shoot out of the tower in the starting town and glide to the north, there's a suitable landing pad on the southern most part of the castle.

I've got an old Smash 4 Link amiibo that summoned Epona, who has all max stats. Unfortunately, you can't equip her with any horse gear, so no drawing carriages. I've got 1-2 other amiibos and nothing else has given anything but a handful of materials.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Um it's not exactly unwarranted in this particular case.
It is, so far the games have a very different vibe to them. It feels like I've had more talking/sidequests than in all of botw after like 12 shrines. Kind of a shame since I quite liked the "emptiness" in botw *que botw had an empty world jokes.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Um it's not exactly unwarranted in this particular case.
It is, so far the games have a very different vibe to them. It feels like I've had more talking/sidequests than in all of botw after like 12 shrines. Kind of a shame since I quite liked the "emptiness" in botw *que botw had an empty world jokes.
That stuff is 100% optional. You can run around aimlessly doing shrines, towers, collecting korok seeds, etc just as you could in BotW. There's just more stuff to discover.

The only concerns I have are with the building puzzles. I can see that shit becoming extremely tedious after a while.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Wish Nintendo didn't adopt some of the filth from other AAA devs, like moving slower inside houses, crouch makes quiet/invisible and obvious hints on loading. But the crouch annoys me the most. First, because it's very easy to click the stick down by accident and they were not wise enough to disengage it when dodging. Why would I want to dodge while crouched? How many situations would that even be helpful in? Second, because it's slow (one of the slowest crouches, actually) and stuuuupid. If it was there to hide behind objects, that would be one thing, but they act like the enemies can't see below the horizontal middle of their vision within a moderate distance. All gaming has to be samey, with not even Zelda totally spared.

Last edited:
Really my only complaints so far are that they reused a lot of the music (which gets really repetitive in snowy areas) and the fact that you have to 're-arm' throwing objects or adding items to your arrows every single time. Especially in the cave areas it would be nice if I could just have those brightbloom spores or whatever they're called equipped instead of having to hit up on the d-pad every time I want to throw another one.

Other than that I'm really enjoying myself. So far I've just been putzing around doing shrines and trying to reveal the map. Leveling up mostly stamina. I found my way to one of the borg cubes in the sky but I'm apparently not far enough in the game to actually access it yet. Attaching rockets or hot air balloons to things has been really satisfying.

I wonder if this game has the same quasi-level scaling that BOTW did.

Caim

Arcane
Wish Nintendo didn't adopt some of the filth from other AAA devs, like moving slower inside houses, crouch makes quiet/invisible and obvious hints on loading. But the crouch annoys me the most. First, because it's very easy to click the stick down by accident and they were not wise enough to disengage it when dodging. Why would I want to dodge while crouched? How many situations would that even be helpful in? Second, because it's slow (one of the slowest crouches, actually) and stuuuupid. If it was there to hide behind objects, that would be one thing, but they act like the enemies can't see below the horizontal middle of their vision. All gaming has to be samey, with not even Zelda totally spared.
And of course the Ubisoft Towers. In the first one they were climbing puzzles, in the second they've got more of a gimmick or a puzzle behind them.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, hypothetically speaking, how hard is it to set up an emulator, and how demanding are they relative to something like ps3 emulator?

And does it work with a steam controller or do you need something more like a switch controller?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Just download the latest yuzu version, select Vulkan in the graphics api options and set up whatever control scheme you wish
Should take you about 5 minutes tops
If your computer can run something like Witcher 3 on max settings with 60fps then you should have no problem with this...

Ezekiel

Arcane
I don't remember what the game taught me about fighting the corruption that eats your max hearts in the underworld or if that's even what the red fog is called. Apparently, it's not called corruption, because I don't see results on search engine. I only got to the Fire Temple by driving a car all the way there.

Caim

Arcane
I don't remember what the game taught me about fighting the corruption that eats your max hearts in the underworld or if that's even what the red fog is called. Apparently, it's not called corruption, because I don't see results on search engine. I only got to the Fire Temple by driving a car all the way there.
It's called gloom. You can heal it by either approaching the light roots underground, making food with sundelions (yellow flowers found on sky island, you need such a dish for a side quest), or just going to the surface and not being in the gloom to turn your damaged health into healable health. You can also find some more stuff underground to protect you from the gloom.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
At least it doesn't have forced unskippable walking segments.

The novelty might wear off eventually, but I'm really loving this game. I can't put it down. There's so much shit to do, and it's scratching every itch that I love about the Zelda games.

I'm trying to avoid any spoilers I can, whether it be mechanics, bosses, pretty much anything. A lot of NPCs, even the ones wandering the roads, will drop little hints about points of interest or special gear in the area. It makes horseback worthwhile when you can stumble onto rumors on the road.

My highlight so far
Was killing the frost hydra (or Gleeok) in the Tundra north of one of the horse stables. He pushed my shit in when I ran into him first and I made it a point to kill the fucker before I started my first temple. Got some better weapons, raided many caves so I could get ore to sell for the cold resistance armor in Rito village. You can find non-rusted weapons in the underdark being held by phantom guardsmen- definitely worth marking those dudes on your map for good weapon bases.

Anyways my fight with the ice dragon went much different the second time around. At one point he flew far out of reach into the sky and started raining ice shots from above. I hopped on one the shards that was now lodged in the ground and used the Time Reverse skill so it would return to the dragon and carry me up where he was flying, allowing me to rain arrows back at him and put him down. It was so cool that the dragon did what you never see them do in games-- actually use an aerial advantage to get an upper hand. And I love the fact there are probably a dozen ways to deal with that phase of the boss fight. And I love that there are just world bosses roaming around.

I've also made the discovery that just like in BOTW there are hot foot frogs in the tall grass around Rito Village. I will farm that shit forever to make 3X speed potions and book it all over hyrule.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Got the game running at a solid 30 fps but I'll wait until Yuzu fixes the stuttering on switching weapons or closing menus to continue playing. What I did play was great though

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom