Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

PoE Bug Reports Thread

Kuurth

Novice
Thanks.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Hiravias's audio files are really screwed up during the end.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
I got my first really annoying bug. Game was fine after the patches, but today after I went to Heritage Hill everything is stupid. My 2 casters and ranger go straight next to enemies and start shooting with their ranged weapons (instead of keeping their distance as they did before) if I order them to attack and melee dudes tend to have a hard time keeping attacking the enemies I have told them. Everything was fine until yesterday, didn't even start up the game between, just left running it at the backround or fiddle with any of the settings.

E: Seems to be affecting all the previous saves too, great.

Last edited:

dieu

Learned
Sidly in the Ducal Palace has a broken dialogue line

(either that, or she's a right bitch)

image.png

hiver

Anyone knows about the one where you constantly have an icon on for apparently being blinded ?

I dont see any sign of that status effect in character sheet or anywhere else.

But am i permanently blind now or its just a bug with an icon?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Since I've been making and remaking characters for Triple Crown Solo, I've noticed that sometimes only one of the Glanfathan enemies spawn in the 2nd encounter of the tutorial (after you leave the river and pass the ruins there's supposed to be a bow-wielding Glanfathan and two others, sometimes only the bow wielder spawns).
Sure that you always had the same difficulty setting?
I was in that encounter ~10 times and it was always the same.
Basically at this point its best just to use adventurers from the inn as party members?
Or use mod made by Bester to rebuild them.
Which mod is that? IE mod?
The spawn bug I mentioned
RhlJdA9.png

wFCQoKs.png

Effects spawns in the main camp, as well.
vzexupx.png

PocketMine

Savant
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Empty NPC skull in Blood Sands

PDxAGz1.jpg

Amusing graphical glitch during fight with Glasdial

EUyPqjv.jpg

Also Sagani got the permanent blinded status icon hiver mentioned.
Think its just a graphics bug since she doesnt seem to miss more then others in fight.

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Well check your accuracy and hover over your attacks in the combat log to find out for sure. Would be awful bug if wasn't just graphical.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Health debuffs cast on your party permanently increase your max health when they time out.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I've had this really weird bug, where you are getting attacked by constructs and patients after ''communicating'' with the soul inside the boy's body.

None of the enemy npc's bother to do anything, they just stand still and wait to be killed. And the bug isn't even exclusive to the sanitarium, any mobs i've encountered after sanitarium incident were idle as well.

EDIT: This has happened on my 2nd playthrough. Didn't have the same issue on my first(before the patch.)

Last edited:

AN4RCHID

Arcane
Was playing through Lle a Rhemen and Aloth got frozen after the vithrack fight. He would give his normal "yes?" response when I clicked on him, but wouldn't move. Attacked him with my PC till he was knocked out but he never fell over or reacted at all. Reloaded and got a black screen with only the cursor visible. :negative: gonna have reload an earlier save and do the whole boss fight again.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Happened to me as well, i rested, saved, quit and reloaded which fixed the ''frozen character'' bug.

Anyway another bug: can't deliver galawain's quest despite
killing the bear.

MrMarbles

Cipher
I had another one. Enemies stopped attacking, they just waited around for you to push them over. For some reason quitting and reloading once didn't work, but a full restart and another reload did the trick.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Reason of characters 'freezing' for me is apparently me trying to gulp multiple potions quickly.
Happened in thaos fight as well, 2 of my characters were bugged when thaos died :M

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Dozens spoiler:

So I killed Byne's Giantslayers as part of the quest "The Bronze beneath the Lake".

When I returned to Admeth Hall to complete the quest, I found the Giantslayers had returned as ghosts.

XNNvSZO.jpg

Not only that, but they are pretty much immortal. I tried to murder the Dozens because the game allows it, only to find out I can't target them in combat. Worse, the cursor bugs out in combat with them, getting stuck on attack order (even after you successfully target a non-ghost enemy) forcing you to switch between party members using the keyboard hotkeys.

7gWbaMH.jpg

Who ya gonna call??

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
The latest patch has re-introduced the active effects removal bug. It's not caused by double clicking armor this time, and nobody knows what's causing it yet.

Post-patch bugs:

The racial ability for Fire Godlike is still stackable, I guess they only fix the item not the racial ability.

Well, just don't save and load if you are still low in health for Fire Godlike..unless you want to cheat
tongue.png

Steps to reproduce:

1. Get Fire Godlike to low health at which point the endurance is always under 50% out of battle

--> The Battle-Forged DR is still activated out of battle

2. Save the game and quit to menu.

3. Load the save

4. Rest.

--> Battle-Forged DR +4 is not deactivated.

5. Repeat above steps

--> DR can be stacked again and again.
You know how to fix this :(?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Here's one of the threads.

another: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/77559-bug-transcendent-suffering-disabled/

Might be related to doing the Noonfrost mission.

edit: also, difficulty settings are still bugged:

This bug was before and stay after patch 1.03.

1) Begin game on Hard.

2) Go to ambush in the first location.

3) Save game.

4) Quit game and close Steam.

5) Open Steam and start game. Load previous save.

6) There are 2-1-2 bandits instead 2-3-4, how it must be on Hard.

There's a community bug tracker too:

https://github.com/PoE-unofficial/Pillars-of-Eternity-bugtracker/labels/bug

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom