Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Physical Prowess? What the fuck is that?
Also what the fuck is a 'polymorph' bonus? All you should get is a size bonus...
Physical Prowess = Feat that Animal Companions automatically get as they level up.
Polymorph Bonus =Stats bonus you get for changing shape, like if a Druid becomes a Wolf.

Ohhh, I see. It's an animal companion. Now I get it.

"Polymorph Bonus =Stats bonus you get for changing shape, like if a Druid becomes a Wolf."

No such bonus exists in Pathfinder. When you polymorph, you get a size bonus, not a 'polymorph' bonus. This shit is fucking broken.

Also wtf is that +8 'other' bonus to Strength? Wtf is an 'other' bonus you fucking crazy Russians....

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
good and challenging games are being made in those countries where SJWs have not taken over the educational system.

They have, it's just older generations who was born and educated in USSR then.

In a hyper realist setting, sure.

You see, problem is that fantasy without WOMEN POWDER exist, and is fun. And there is nothing hyper realistic in it.
Woman just can't in sword-mace-spear fighting like man (unless they are monstosity like Brienna Tart), because of simple physiology, and once a month they are disabled completely.
Strangely I have never seen menstruation in fantasy game, which is very funny thing if to think about that a little bit more.
Why they start to put woman which led to a situation that now women with sword taken for granted - probably "women rights"/suffragettes plus money.
Taletop game community consisted from "llet me hold your tit" type of loosers, like for example in series Stranger Things.
I don't know for sure, but can bet that description of various classes and skills from start used "she" like it's common now in roguelikes and many RPGs, samefor BG.

I have no problem with good (or even bland) female characters, it is only the SJW types that need to be pruned and/or humiliated.

I have no problem either, the problem is any and every woman with weapon other than bow is a SJW type more or less, and used to enforcing their agenda.

Well, my Amiri has wings :)

I can imagine these muscular wings...

Last edited:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Would love to play game in Tolken world instead of this bland Dnd/Pathdinder setting sure but even LOTRO was full of strong independynt wombyn with SJW idiot screetching you can't RP as female dwarf so you can't escape the :decline: in 2018 it seems. Looks like I made massive error in build and also in playing the game would love this Russian blad though even despite the bugs if loading times were less hardcore.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Strangely I have never seen menstruation in fantasy game, which is very funny thing if to thik about that a little bit more.
It was probably in
The only fantasy setting I've ever actually seen it come up in was when Casca got her period in Berserk.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I did get a letter where he said "I am sorry what happened, here are two wands to help you. Come visit at some point". But there is no quest for it, and nothing else. I know what is next act boss and how varnhold fits into the story. I was already planning to go there as a result, but I can imagine how other people would just ignore it or forget about it. Every other main quest was told by Linzi first and then you know about its importance...
OK, you just have to wait until you get a letter from Jamandi Aldori then. Do some quests or piss away some time upgrading your kingdom.
You'll get an event that says "Your magisters found that there is a magic aura that will reach the capital in 2 months," which is the only "game-over" timer indication that you get for this chapter.
Any difference after upgrading from village to town?
Yeah, it changes and expands the layout so you can build more stuff, and gives you more BP (at least if you do the 1000BP trade deal).

Yosharian

Arcane
Imagine a game where the monsters are hunting you using their sense smell.

And the scent of a menstruating sends them in a frenzy.
Doug 'Doug-Doug' Douglason: The gnolls draw ever closer...
Raymond Ractburger: We escape into the woods, covering our tracks.
Doug 'Doug-Doug' Douglason: Not so fast! Gnolls have an acute sense of smell. Roll to see if any of you are menstruating...
Raymond Ractburger: *rolls*

Doktor Best

Arcane
good and challenging games are being made in those countries where SJWs have not taken over the educational system.

They have, it's just older generations who was born and educated in USSR then.

In a hyper realist setting, sure.

You see, problem is that fantasy without WOMEN POWDER exist, and is fun. And there is nothing hyper realistic in it.
Woman just can't in sword-mace-spear fighting like man (unless they are monstosity like Brienna Tart), because of simple physiology, and once a month they are disabled completely.
Strangely I have never seen menstruation in fantasy game, which is very funny thing if to thik about that a little bit more.
Why they start to put woman which led to a situation that now women with sword taken for granted - probably "women rights"/suffragettes plus money.
Taletop game community consisted from "llet me hold your tit" type of loosers, like for example in series Stranger Things.
I don't know for sure, but can bet that description of various classes and skills from start used "she" like it's common now in roguelikes and many RPGs, samefor BG.

I have no problem with good (or even bland) female characters, it is only the SJW types that need to be pruned and/or humiliated.

I have no problem either, the problem is any and every woman with weapon other than bow is a SJW type more or less, and used to enforcing their agenda.

Well, my Amiri has wings :)

I can imagine these muscular wings...

What about elfs using melee weapons? Or halflings/gnomes?

Why would any human fighter win any close combat against physically superior races like orcs/ogres?

Andnjord

Arcane
D30F871A33E65B25F5EDEB89A0C45B470CE1444F

Baleful Polymorph on a Lich on round one!!
:yeah:

hell bovine

Arcane
What about elfs using melee weapons? Or halflings/gnomes?

Why would any human fighter win any close combat against physically superior races like orcs/ogres?
Why would anyone use swords in the first place when you can mass fireball your opposition into dust, though. Cloudkill is basically chemical weaponry, while druids are ecoterrorists with access to advanced biological agents.

Asking for realism in fantasy games is like asking for balance in combat. Once you achieve it, you might find that playing such a game is actually not fun. (insert obligatory Pillars reference)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I've just finished the season of bloom, and I have to say, I'm really liking the tone, the storylines and quests are serious, but it's not gritty grimdark at least so far or drab, like in PoE. Maybe my memory is too hazy as it's been a while since I played them, so someone can correct me, but the tone reminds me a lot of BG1 and 2, as all three games still have that "high adventure" feeling and tone. That being said, the game is certainly not without its faults, one thing I miss is the long(er), more detailed and complicated sidequests, like the class quests, stronghold quests, and many sidequests in Athkathla, like the murders investigation. One of the quests I remember fondly is the temple ruins quest, where you meet the halfling IIRC.

Hopefully they'll do those in the upcoming DLCs, I also seem to remember that they'd be adding companions and maybe classes on those as well.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Looks like I made the right choice then, if you cant get him as an advisor even if you give him the whip.
I gave him the whip and he agreed to become advisor. Though I didn't free his troll.

Yeah, I'm seeing posts from just yesterday post-patch where this is still an issue.
Will this be a problem when you never gave this Lander guy an advisor spot? I had the choice between him and Val for Regent and I chose Val.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Looks like I made the right choice then, if you cant get him as an advisor even if you give him the whip.
I gave him the whip and he agreed to become advisor. Though I didn't free his troll.

Looks like on my next playthrough I'm gonna waste a bit more time before doing the dwarven ruins. Like I said before, it's hard to gauge when I should rush, and when I can bide my time. I wonder if there are quests like that with the season of bloom.

hell bovine

Arcane
Experimenting with sorcerer bloodlines has led so far to inconclusive results. Tristian with one level in serpentine can cast hold person on both wolves and worgs:
fcpphg.jpg

However my druid with one level serpentine cannot cast hold animal on worgs. :argh: I suspect the bloodline might affect only spells that are on the arcane spell list, so I'll keep the healbot mutliclassed for further tests. Anyway, it would make the serpentine / undead sorcerer an interesting option for mystic theurges, because it gives a lot more power to low level spells. (edit: especially for feyspeaker/sorcerer mystics, since feyspeakers can choose some wizard spells from the illusion and enchantment schools, if I'm not mistaken)

Andnjord

Arcane
Man, this game....

On chapter 6 at the moment, when Pitax just started its offensive.
Was on the my Capital's main square with the Bards agitating against me.
Can't leave area, area exits don't work.
Save, quit game, load save.
Area exits now work.

....Scary ass game, I swear....

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Looks like on my next playthrough I'm gonna waste a bit more time before doing the dwarven ruins. Like I said before, it's hard to gauge when I should rush, and when I can bide my time. I wonder if there are quests like that with the season of bloom.
Yes, I was in his area once when there were no trolls but bandits etc and had already talked to him then, later another troll invasion event update popped up and prompted me to check on the wizard, I went there and the map was overrun with trolls. I then had to reload 2x to save him from being clobbered until I managed to make him survive. Then he said the trolls stole his enchanted item thru which he can track them down and marked the troll fortress on the map.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Experimenting with sorcerer bloodlines has led so far to inconclusive results. Tristian with one level in serpentine can cast hold person on both wolves and worgs:
fcpphg.jpg

However my druid with one level serpentine cannot cast hold animal on worgs. :argh: I suspect the bloodline might affect only spells that are on the arcane spell list, so I'll keep the healbot mutliclassed for further tests. Anyway, it would make the serpentine / undead sorcerer an interesting option for mystic theurges, because it gives a lot more power to low level spells. (edit: especially for feyspeaker/sorcerer mystics, since feyspeakers can choose some wizard spells from the illusion and enchantment schools, if I'm not mistaken)

The real question is: Why do these wolves have 12 Wis? Why did that worg leader have like 18 Wis?

Andnjord

Arcane
fcpphg.jpg

The real question is: Why do these wolves have 12 Wis? Why did that worg leader have like 18 Wis?
Have you ever seen wolves hunt? The are pretty smart you know :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom