Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Game with the best evil playthrough?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
KOTOR 2's evil path is overblown. Sure, you can corrupt your companions, but they stick with you. And the game's conclusion is so personal that it doesn't actually matter whether you're good or evil; either way you amount to nothing since the game doesn't really say anything about what the search for Revan or being the new Dark Lord leads to.

I prefer evil with strong nihilistic undercurrents. MotB and Undertale do that much better.

pomenitul

Arbiter
Luckmann's nonpareil understanding of evil, honed through decades of poisonous self-inoculation as he painstakingly redraws his mind in the likeness of Sade's least fathomable dungeons, far surpasses the ken of even the most prestigious of CRPG aficionados. While we feebly marvel at the false depravity achieved by the Spirit Eater in his paltry appetite for annihilation, Luckmann focuses with utmost maleficence and loathing on the amoral nothingness that lies at the heart of all existence, whence he derives ever more rarefied, nigh divine insight into das Böse an sich, which he then distills into a Luciferian persona solely perceptible to the fellow troglodyte's eye. None of us may credibly claim to have wrought such wickedness, alas. And yet… Perhaps we too shall some day catch a glimpse of this cosmic malice, this baneful cosa mentale that passeth all the human senses.

Last edited:

Max Damage

Savant
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of The Betrayer. Best gameplay and story integration for evil path I've ever seen, hands down.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Tecmo's Deception has you sell your soul to Satan and you defend this gothic castle by capturing, torturing and killing visitors. One of them is a married couple that needs a cure for their child's illness, so you do what any sensible advocate would do and have the walls shoot out spikes to stab them and then capture the wife to offer her body to the Devil in exchange for full mana.

Then you get a cutscene of the kid in a dark cabin saying, "When will mama and papa come back?" LOL Eat shit, kid. Your folks just got sacrificed. I'm a fucking beast.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Prelude to Darkness, because it was all about drawing a line in your undercover work.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
My absolue favourite part of BG2.

Swap dragon eggs with fake ones.
Watch Drow Matriarch get killed for not having an offering for megademon.
New Matriarch asks you for the real eggs, give her the second fakes.
She gets eaten by demon too.
"bro I know u got the real ones"
"sorry mr demon I need to give them to dragon for passage"
"understandable, have a wonderful day"
Give eggs to Silver Dragon.
Silver Dragon enters human form to help out.
You stupid bitch.
Finger of Death vulnerable Silver Dragon.
Exit the underdark with silver dragon blood and genuine dragon eggs.

I'd brofist you if I could, but alas.

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne.

First you'd need to determine which is the good path.

I have a hard time choosing since most evil play throughs are just being a brute or Saturday morning cartoon villainy. I'd probably just have to fall back on Planescape Torment, even if you play good you see what a malevolent bastard you were in your previous incarnations.

mondblut

Arcane
That's hilarious, but she doesn't fall for it does she? Tricking her into human form and dropping her guard is crucial, otherwise it's not a proper betrayal.

Does she give the same xp when killed in human form? If not, betraying her is Chaotic Stupid.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some great answers in this thread.

But it would have to be Fallout 3. You can nuke Megaton! That's so evil! The devils at Bethesda did it again...
Also the regret and atoning is marvellous piece of writing, touches soul.
news_img_20725_0.jpg

Black Angel

Arcane
Luckmann's nonpareil understanding of evil, honed through decades of poisonous self-inoculation as he painstakingly redraws his mind in the likeness of Sade's least fathomable dungeons, far surpasses the ken of even the most prestigious of CRPG aficionados. While we feebly marvel at the false depravity achieved by the Spirit Eater in his paltry appetite for annihilation, Luckmann focuses with utmost maleficence and loathing on the amoral nothingness that lies at the heart of all existence, whence he derives ever more rarefied, nigh divine insight into das Böse an sich, which he then distills into a Luciferian persona solely perceptible to the fellow troglodyte's eye. None of us may credibly claim to have wrought such wickedness, alas. And yet… Perhaps we too shall some day catch a glimpse of this cosmic malice, this baneful cosa mentale that passeth all the human senses.
(((
11053.jpg
)))

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Probably AoD has a interesting evil path. That game is brutal.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The games are great, but cartoonish mischief is what DK is about, it's not evil. Same as, say, Overlord.

Sure but i pick cartoonish evil over poor evil stereotypes every day, which is what we have in most "evil" playthrough, there's a difference between being an evil mastermind and a simple-minded psychopath.
I've yet to find a game where the former is an option.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Also Disgaea I and II had enjoyable evil playtrough, as long as you could stomach grind.

I mean, if we're going into Japanese territory you'd have a hard time topping Soul Nomad & the World Eaters where NOT being evil is going against the grain and essentially the closest game gets to hard mode because you're forsaking seductive and easy power in favor of moral superiority. It's an all-around surprising game in terms of morality and especially if you go into it blinding expecting just Disgaea meets Advance Wars affair.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Some great answers in this thread.

But it would have to be Fallout 3. You can nuke Megaton! That's so evil! The devils at Bethesda did it again...
Also the regret and atoning is marvellous piece of writing, touches soul.
news_img_20725_0.jpg
It was funny. She understood that blowing a town is something a man must do.

I mean, if we're going into Japanese territory you'd have a hard time topping Soul Nomad & the World Eaters where NOT being evil is going against the grain and essentially the closest game gets to hard mode because you're forsaking seductive and easy power in favor of moral superiority. It's an all-around surprising game in terms of morality and especially if you go into it blinding expecting just Disgaea meets Advance Wars affair.
Well, first boss says "I'm sorry". And village elder was killed decades ago. So yes, story is bit unique.

Last edited:

Rake

Arcane
The games are great, but cartoonish mischief is what DK is about, it's not evil. Same as, say, Overlord.

Sure but i pick cartoonish evil over poor evil stereotypes every day, which is what we have in most "evil" playthrough, there's a difference between being an evil mastermind and a simple-minded psychopath.
I've yet to find a game where the former is an option.
PST
Although your previous incarnation was the true "evil mastermind", even the current incarnation was the closest a game has allowed me to roleplay a true sosiopath instead of the usual selfish, mean for no apparent reason "evil"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
As hard as we are on MCA sometimes because we hate enjoying something, calling it the the practical incarnation is a stroke of rare and lucid genius.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Several people say Mask of the Betrayer, but I don't remember it being very satisfying or anything, being evil.

For those who haven't played it yet (what the fuck is wrong with you, incidentally?) this is a spoiler, obviously.
Yeah, that's a cool ending and all, but the question was for playthrough. A neato ending doesn't really make a game.

Difficult to say really. I think I'll still have to go with PS:T, for the fact that the evil options are exceptionally prudent. In my first play-through, I ended up Chaotic Evil. You get to barter with sinister books and demons, manipulate others into satisfying your agendas (often at great peril/disaster), sell people into slavery for cash, double-cross in your dealings, lie with method and intent, and much more. I remember in particular when I unbound a demon in Curst for some spells, rather than banish it. The NPC that sent me to banish it was incensed that I could do such a heinous act. I took a broader perspective of having no horse in the race, and merely looked after my own affairs. Reasonable, but of course I freed a heinous embodiment of evil to roam the planes freely. Tsk tsk. What a great game.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Probably AoD has a interesting evil path. That game is brutal.

AoD didnt have good or bad choices.

I dont know how VaultDweller achieves this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom