Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
HE LIVES!!!!

14811eff26255bea9cf16bfcb5cc3238.png
That bastard brought me hammer.... Like wtf

Sharpedge

Prophet
Now that I have had more time to play I finished up with Pitax in my unfair solo and am skipping days until the House at the End of Time. I did not struggle too much with Irovetti or his castle, Tsunami and Horrid Wilting Spam took care of pretty much everything. I discovered a nasty bug though, if you Baleful Polymorph an enemy their corpse cannot be looted. It seemed to be the least tedious way to kill the snake (who has 62 AC) but sadly I had to redo the fight due to that.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I have to try ***maximum evil*** playthrough someday. It seems there's a decent amount of content for sociopaths.

Nok-nok, Jaethal melee class, Harrim Sacred Huntsmaster + custom characters.

Not sure about Regongar. Magus seems like a gimmick warrior who needs micromanagement to work. Also, he's contaminated by a major thot.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
There are a lot of improvements on this 1.1 patch. All spells have a lot of information now. Definitely they are going to the right direction.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Ok so heavy armor fucks your initiative checks?improved initiative is worth it?

The crane riposte is a good feat?
Anything you can do to get AoOs isn't a bad feat, especially if you're using 15-20 crit weapons. If you have 3 melee with Outflank, Combat Reflexes, Seize the Moment, you trigger AoOs each time one of them crits (which obviously gives more chances to crit, triggering more AoOs)
What kind of faggot thought that spells descriptions like in PKM are a good idea? Spells UI are complete garbage, lack of readable UI, what's the damage, what is the effect of the spell. I dont want to read whole description for that, i want to easily compare spells. Seriously its a matter of simple change and could make the game much more enjoyable. A label for damage, is it AoE, duration, effect, damage, range etc. Easy to read and compare.
The fact that they labelled which spells aren't affected by Spell resistance is :incline:.
I have to try ***maximum evil*** playthrough someday. It seems there's a decent amount of content for sociopaths.

Nok-nok, Jaethal melee class, Harrim Sacred Huntsmaster + custom characters.

Not sure about Regongar. Magus seems like a gimmick warrior who needs micromanagement to work. Also, he's contaminated by a major thot.
Magus can be pretty strong and Reg is relatively optimized but yes it requires quite a bit of micro. If you make him a Dragon Disciple he won't be as strong but he'll be useable with less micro than straight Magus.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I am pretty sure this is the first time I see this:

https://wccftech.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-coming-consoles/

Pathfinder: Kingmaker Is Coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch

Pathfinder: Kingmaker, the cRPG funded via Kickstarter and launched in late September for PC(Windows, Mac and Linux) by developer Owlcat Games and published by Deep Silver, is being worked on for a release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch consoles.

There hasn’t been a proper, official announcement yet. However, THQ Nordic’s latest financial report (where they also revealed the studio acquisitions of Coffee Stain and Bugbear Entertainment) included the title in a slide mentioning the most important announced projects in the pipeline, such as Metro Exodus, Dead Island 2, Wasteland 3, Shenmue III, Biomutant, Darksiders III, Wreckfest, Generation Zero and the console port of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. There are also two AAA, ‘top-secret’ projects by Volition and Deep Silver Dambuster in there.

Deep Silver, as you may recall, was acquired by THQ Nordic alongside Koch Media earlier this year, so it’s perfectly normal to find Deep Silver titles in the report.

We got in touch with Deep Silver and they were able to confirm that this is not a mistake, though additional details will only be provided at a later moment, in due time.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
So i'm playing with mc knifemaster, human aldori, 2 psycho elf girls - one invulnerable rager with elven blade and one archer, eclesysomething for channel spam and now i'm trying to think of some arcane caster to save our collective asses with sirocco.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So i'm playing with mc knifemaster, human aldori, 2 psycho elf girls - one invulnerable rager with elven blade and one archer, eclesysomething for channel spam and now i'm trying to think of some arcane caster to save our collective asses with sirocco.
Evoker/AT

bataille

Arcane

Sylvan sorc! Get a free doggy/kitty as a bonus!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just started over with a bunch of mods. They nerfed the bear at the start,now it died in a one round at level 3:decline:
That was in one of the first patches, they dropped from DR 10/Cold Iron to DR5.
But now they have some extremely hard enemies to kill. Now Poisonous Primal Hyrda is impossible to kill at level 7,in my first playtrough i killed it on hard without problems. Now it just spams venomous fog attack and regenerates. I wouldn't have problem with it if there was the option to mark location to explore later.

Jinn

Arcane

This is so fucking stupid and a huge waste of time and money that will ultimately rob people like us who actually enjoy the game from future incline. Absolutely ridiculous.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Now that I have had more time to play I finished up with Pitax in my unfair solo and am skipping days until the House at the End of Time. I did not struggle too much with Irovetti or his castle, Tsunami and Horrid Wilting Spam took care of pretty much everything. I discovered a nasty bug though, if you Baleful Polymorph an enemy their corpse cannot be looted. It seemed to be the least tedious way to kill the snake (who has 62 AC) but sadly I had to redo the fight due to that.

What's your build?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Damn shame about the 3-4 sec pause that's appeared when I select party members with the keyboard number keys (not the keypad). I don't get it if I select them with the mouse either on the map or clicking on their portrait.

...Yes I know what the smarmy response is to this - but I took the ambidexterity feat IRL and I can use both hands while playing a game.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

This is so fucking stupid and a huge waste of time and money that will ultimately rob people like us who actually enjoy the game from future incline. Absolutely ridiculous.

Give Owlcat a chance. If I wrote a favourable review of this game, I'd summarize it with: 'They've been paying attention over the years to what works, and what the community has been clamoring for'.

If they make a sequel and it's console trash, then we'll know it's all over.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Releasing it on consoles absolutely kill any hope that game will ever be fixed not only for PC, but console users will suffer in same hell as everyone else.

Edit: maybe I am pessimistic in this case, but they can't bring update without new bugs on one platform, how the fuck they can do it on multiple platforms.

Thonius

Arcane
Well while in general I hate console's and console people I do not see why not. Game is on unity and consoles are nothing but gimped PC nowadays. If it land them some doug, why not? We did all the testing. Consoles got like ONE config. If dev's tweak some difficulty settings it will be okay.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I am pretty sure this is the first time I see this:

https://wccftech.com/pathfinder-kingmaker-coming-consoles/

Pathfinder: Kingmaker, the cRPG funded via Kickstarter and launched in late September for PC(Windows, Mac and Linux) by developer Owlcat Games and published by Deep Silver, is being worked on for a release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch consoles.

There hasn’t been a proper, official announcement yet. However, THQ Nordic’s latest financial report (where they also revealed the studio acquisitions of Coffee Stain and Bugbear Entertainment) included the title in a slide mentioning the most important announced projects in the pipeline, such as Metro Exodus, Dead Island 2, Wasteland 3, Shenmue III, Biomutant, Darksiders III, Wreckfest, Generation Zero and the console port of Pathfinder: Kingmaker. There are also two AAA, ‘top-secret’ projects by Volition and Deep Silver Dambuster in there.

Deep Silver, as you may recall, was acquired by THQ Nordic alongside Koch Media earlier this year, so it’s perfectly normal to find Deep Silver titles in the report.

We got in touch with Deep Silver and they were able to confirm that this is not a mistake, though additional details will only be provided at a later moment, in due time.
:dead:

Great. A promising dev, ruined with inevitable dumbed down consoletardism.

Maybe not this game, but the next and the next until EA buys them and fires everyone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom