Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sheepherder

Augur
for people who have played more of it, what stats are dump stats?

Depending on the build it can be Luck, if you don't want a crit build.
Personality, you'll lose out on very few minor quests (find the buddy of the moonshiner, find the cook of the mountain inn, maybe more) and some dialogue.
Attention for melee builds, some missed dialogue.
Dex for rifle builds, as the best one in 0.9 only took 6 or 7 AP (can't remeber for sure) to fire so 2 or 4 DEX was enough.
STR for machinegun builds as they get a perk which removes STR requirements for weapons.
Endurance of 5 is plenty.
Intelligence is p. great.

There are 3 ways to increse your stats btw. +1 to any stat from serum, +1 to any stat from golden fish in the first village (needs high luck and lot's of time) and +1 to luck only from totem in rumbling forest. There's also a +1 STR helm, a +1 luck/-1 personality clown nose which doesn't take up a helm slot.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really want to play this over the weekend, sounds exactly the mix between Fallout and Stalker that I love but simply cannot get that Steam Spyware shit on my laptop... pretty please GOG release?
Don’t want to pirate this :(

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

All depend what kind of char you create Comrade, But if you play as pistolero/SMG man or gal you don't need STR above 5 (4 with veteran outfit) if you plan to be brawler you can lower CHA, PER and INT and so on. But there is no stat will can you put below 4 and not suffer the consequences later as all are used in dialogues and during fights. Its better to check weapon list from wikia choose one you will want to use and build your toon to use one.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Amazingly you can't dump charisma.

You can there are plenty of dialogues checks which us STR instead of CHA and Speech Craft. But... Don't be surprised you will be treated as pariah with ugly mug and Guardsman Jurgen BO. Lower your Luck to one 1 and live with consequences of not being able to craft, steal or open lock etc... Pick too low PER you wont be able to no only hit target but also you will miss tons of extra info and quests, etc... Its very realistic system with real life like choices and consequences.

Sheepherder

Augur

All depend what kind of char you create Comrade, But if you play as pistolero/SMG man or gal you don't need STR above 5 (4 with veteran outfit) if you plan to be brawler you can lower CHA, PER and INT and so on. But there is no stat will can you put below 4 and not suffer the consequences later as all are used in dialogues and during fights. Its better to check weapon list from wikia choose one you will want to use and build your toon to use one.
There's a 6 STR pistol tho. Pistols are trash btw.

Commissar Draco

Patron

Pistols have lower damage but ammo is cheaper and much easier to find.... and sure there are SMGs with STR6 requirements which are better but but you are able to raise your stats later a bit. At the start i would advice against using broomsticks anyway and use your knife cause ammo at the beginning of game is really scarce. :incline:

There is talent tree for rifles which give you night vision and also witcher like damage bonus to animals. High Perception used with riffles and shotguns open also ton of optional quests and content.

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Augur

Pistols have lower damage but ammo is cheaper and much easier to find.... and sure there are SMGs with STR6 requirements but but you are able to raise your stats later a bit.
It's a pistol, not an smg. High caliber, one shot. You can pick it up if a friendly NPC dies during one of the quests.
Ammo isn't really an issue. There are infinite caravans to buy ammo from and infinite bandits to loot.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I have only a measly 26 in lockpick, and have been pretty much repeatedly bruteforcing my way through every lock so far.

Randomized checks. :prosper:

Fallout had the rare critical failure, but it was no big deal since you could either reload or wait something like a day for it to reset (a bigger deal in Fallout pre-returned water chip than Fallout 2, certainly).

Lhynn

Arcane
I went with 9 str 6 end 10 agi 11 int 1 atte 4 luk and 4 per.

Melee oriented and doing well so far.
I'll probably pump the agi to 11 then see what's what.

Doktor Best

Arcane
I created a char and named him Fidel. The game starts and the very first mission i get is to find and contact a guy named Fidel.

Time to reroll

Is there some way to change the camera movement speed by the way? Its a little too fast for my taste.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Enjoying it so far. The game feels crisp, responsive and clean.
Went with 5,4,6,8,8,9,3.

Black Angel

Arcane
Sad that you can't see the hotkeys in-game, nor rebind it, but
B601442FF7D96CE192CE9B475A29921EAC31B6E4

Not sure if it has been posted before, but there you go. I found it on Steam guide

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:dealwithit:
Fuck that shit,it overheated by GPU. I will have to wait till tomorrow to clean it up. Ohhh well,at least i will get drunk tonight.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The plot thickens with that whore who didn't have a problem making her husband a cuck.

So, the guard at the other gate confesses that he has a stirring in his loins when he sees the oddly silent and covered with a scarf guard that is usually stationed at the northern gate, and wants me to reassure him that wanting to fuck another man is not gay. I proceed to inform him that that face covered guard is actually a women. He is all relieved that he's not actually gay... or is he?

5MRQson.jpg

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Holy Satan, I don't recall when was the last time I spent so many hours in front of a screen.

To all codexers who, like me, were afraid about the amount of references and memeing: worry not. While there certainly is an abundance, it's nothing jarring.
Most of the time it's put in a way that's fitting to the setting; you'll get called a normie by mutated circus freaks, or discuss Shakespeare with one of them, provided your character can pass a skill check. At the very worst, it feels like a snobby way of showing off by the writers, but nothing too bad.

Lhynn

Arcane
I love the fucking portraits I'm this game. At work and can't think of anything but starting the game as soon as I get home.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Holy Satan, I don't recall when was the last time I spent so many hours in front of a screen.

To all codexers who, like me, were afraid about the amount of references and memeing: worry not. While there certainly is an abundance, it's nothing jarring.
Most of the time it's put in a way that's fitting to the setting; you'll get called a normie by mutated circus freaks, or discuss Shakespeare with one of them, provided your character can pass a skill check. At the very worst, it feels like a snobby way of showing off by the writers, but nothing too bad.

They can be a little on the nose. Take the circus for example, they have an npc there whose portrait is of the actor who plays the iron fist on netflix, making jokes about the iron fist, not funny and off putting to be honest.

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Oh well, I wouldn't know because I'm not a fucking plebeian to go around watching series on netflix, so thankfully that one went over my head.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom