Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
luj1 is tremendously proud to be a mindless, reflexive grognard. It's really hard for me to believe that he isn't self-aware.

"This ruleset is horrible!"

"Okay, what's wrong with it?"

"It's populist!"

"Uh what does that mean"

"It's cancerous!"

"..."

Who cares how the game actually plays (and there's plenty to criticize!) - the important thing is that Josh Sawyer is a compromiser and that can't be allowed. On the other hand, full-blown console popamole is apparently just fine.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
How is the supply of money in this game, is it tight as it is or should I pick Abydon's challenge?

No, it's not particularly tight. The best ships and the upgrades can be costly, but you can wait until endgame to acquire them. Abydon's challenge is a good idea to make the money economy more interesting.

2house2fly

Magister
You are quite the optimist to post this on Obs' bug forums. My thread for the *game-breaking* bug is a week old now and I've gotten minimal and useless feedback from them. Unless they were on holiday a week before the actual holiday?
To be fair, yours is a unique edge case. Probably hard for them to pin down what's causing it.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Youre talking trash

are there still per encounter abilities?

do points in stats still give nano bonuses?

yeah, you're just as clueless as Sawyer when it comes to basic PnP system design

2house2fly

Magister
Sawyer is rebalancing the ship combat afterall. There's a complete overhaul in the game files.
Is it the ship combat that's getting overhauled or just the way ships on the overworld interact? Because we know the option to intimidate and parley is being added in

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
To be fair, yours is a unique edge case. Probably hard for them to pin down what's causing it.
Since I'm the only one who has the issue, yeah, probably. I'm tempted to rush a Story mode char through to see if it's pervasive or I can just restart.

2house2fly

Magister
I idly checked the number of players on steam and it's double anything I've seen since before the first DLC come out. I guess that turn-based mode got people excited

Quillon

Arcane
I idly checked the number of players on steam and it's double anything I've seen since before the first DLC come out. I guess that turn-based mode got people excited

TOW might have helped with general interest on Obs, f.i. TFS trailer watched 3x more than SSS trailer, one third more than BoW's. I don't imagine many would know about TB leak.

2house2fly

Magister
Could be. I haven't noticed any bump in players during previous sales, but I don't particularly keep track. Well hey, if they make a bit more money off it maybe they'll add a bit more content

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Good. They finally realized its useless trash. Now re-write the ruleset.

They did.
:smug:

Yes they did. And PoE 2 is now a better game than PoE 1 for it.

You know what is funny though? It is still a mediocre game. Simply because the core setting is tired and soulless, hollowborn some might say. And what is more is that no amount of fixing is going to save it from being D&D lite, which is the best it can become.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
Nobody knows. Obsidian hung around in the office just long enough to yank the turn-based system back out of the game and unfuck the saves of people who played while it was in, and then went home for Christmas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom