Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
So has anyone imported their DLC run into main campaign? Do we finally know what does main campaign get from DLC?

Basically nothing. You get a bit of dialogue from Varn, a short (>1 min) visit to the DLC dungeon and the option to buy a few of the items you found in the DLC from a random encounter with the Goblin Merchant.

Overall, the DLC is this game's Operation: Anchorage - a lot of combat, a little bit of dialogue, and next to nothing else. Very disappointing, but hell, the devs already deserve the 75 euros dollars I already gave them, what's 11 euros more :P

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
So has anyone imported their DLC run into main campaign? Do we finally know what does main campaign get from DLC?

Basically nothing. You get a bit of dialogue from Varn, a short (>1 min) visit to the DLC dungeon and the option to buy a few of the items you found in the DLC from a random encounter with the Goblin Merchant.

Overall, the DLC is this game's Operation: Anchorage - a lot of combat, a little bit of dialogue, and next to nothing else. Very disappointing, but hell, the devs already deserve the 75 euros dollars I already gave them, what's 11 euros more :P

I wonder if I'm in the minority as I really liked the DLC, and it gave us one of the best portraits and voice sets for the game, which I appropriated for my tiefling, for the next playthrough I'm gonna appropriate Cephal's portrait too if I play wizard. It basically plays like one of the chapters in the game, which I can understand if people are disappointed for, but I didn't mind. I'm a bit peeved that we couldn't save Cephal, I'd rather have him as my wizard than Thotctavia... although I might respec Kanerah to be wizard as I don't care much for kineticist class...

Sykar

Arcane
Eh the main class was more of Monk rather than the Sorcerer in my plan.

Basically my line of thinking is to utilize mostly self buffs for the Scaled Fist.

I am planning to take Sylvian Sorcerer on Level 2 (or Scaled Fist at level 2 if I take Sorcerer at Level 1) for Mage Armor and the animal companion which should be useful early to take out pesky archers and wizards.

I've yet to plan very far on the build though. Sykar what does Dragon Disciple do?

https://pathfinderkingmaker.gamepedia.com/Dragon_Disciple

To summarize you get (up to):
+4 str
+3 natural AC
+2 int, con
Blindsense
Dragonform (Same as Dragonkind spells I, later II)
Dragon Bite
Breath Weapon

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I wonder if I'm in the minority as I really liked the DLC, and it gave us one of the best portraits and voice sets for the game, which I appropriated for my tiefling, for the next playthrough I'm gonna appropriate Cephal's portrait too if I play wizard. It basically plays like one of the chapters in the game, which I can understand if people are disappointed for, but I didn't mind. I'm a bit peeved that we couldn't save Cephal, I'd rather have him as my wizard than Thotctavia... although I might respec Kanerah to be wizard as I don't care much for kineticist class...

You're right that Cephal's voice actor is the best thing in the DLC, only second to Dugath's. But I think you highlighting the voice acting and portraits sort of underscores that the DLC doesn't have much going for it ;)

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA

You're right that Cephal's voice actor is the best thing in the DLC, only second to Dugath's. But I think you highlighting the voice acting and portraits sort of underscores that the DLC doesn't have much going for it ;)

Nah, it was just pointing out something other good beside the content itself, best thing in the DLC for me was the last dungeon, which at least for me was half of the length I put into it. I didn't expect more than what I get from the main game, so how the DLC was done didn't really affect my opinion on it. I think people in general are probably disappointed that the choices you make doesn't really affect the main game, but I'm not surprised, can't expect them re-write parts of the game, unless something shows up later on.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not disappointed about that at all, I was disappointed about the content itself. Everything but the dungeon was completely uninteresting. The dungeon itself has more going on than the dungeons in the main game, but it's still an extremely far cry from the sprawling dungeons of other games I really like. For an 11 euro DLC focused entirely on that dungeon I was disappointed.

Incendax

Augur
axedice said:
You should balance your ranks and not leave certain ones far too behind, they give buildings and bonuses etc. Also the low-lvl advisors are going to be too weak for endgame cards. IIRC I had 6-7 on nearly all scores before Pitax and was able to rank everyone to 10 a few months before ch6. The longest wait time is between those chapters.

For curses I always used my arcane advisor if possible. There are many divine only events, but very few arcane only events.
There is one caveat to this. After coronation, you should rush Divine 10. The benefits are nothing short of amazing. For example, Asmodeus gives you cumulative +4 BP per month until +40 BP, and +1 Event Resolution for every X amount of Stability over 200 up to +10.

When I played Lawful Evil, I had +13 to resolve every event and even succeeded DC 55 problems.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Uh, that's... good to know. I think my Divine is only about... IV or V?

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah I completely fucked this up and went all-in on getting a few ranks to 10 which meant my advisor's were a cross between 1 or 2 constant triumps and TONS of failures and disasters :P

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh well, I'm playing on Easy Kingdom Management. Maybe will survive.

Kinda sad I prolly won't have time to max everything though.

Last edited:

Simple Simon

Scholar
Not sure if this is new information or not. The poster speculates that Ironfang Invasion is a likely pick given that many assets could be reused.

"Pathfinder 2

* The sequel hasn't officially been announced yet but there are many indications that it's coming.
* Tabletop Tuesdays have resumed at Owlcat Studios on a new AP. Everyone is playing the same AP. Tabletop Tuesdays were originally part of Owlcat Studios' work on Kingmaker as a way to develop new content for the game organically and to familiarize the devs with the characters and feel of the game. Resuming them with a new AP seems like a major indicator that Pathfinder 2 is in the works.
* Owlcat hit certain milestones that triggered a Console Port by THC Nordic, this indicates that Kingmaker was a financial success and a new game is likely.
* Oleg (the studio head) referenced thiniking about their new project at Big Deal in a way that implied that there was in fact a new project.

So what do we know about PF2?

* Paizo has spoken out to say that Owlcat (and any other developers) will not be forced to upgrade to Pathfinder 2nd edition rules and can keep putting out games using 1st edition rules if they wish. Given the massive cost in iteration of a new engine and the fact that the 2E rules don't even exist in a final form yet, the next game will likely be based off the same engine and rules as Kingmaker.
* What AP Owlcat is playing has not been disclosed, but since tabletop tuesdays started back up in January, it is likely a fully published AP that was either finished or started before that date (i.e. Not Tyrant's grasp and probably not Return of the Runelords).
* Given the Owlcat thought process about the need for a "Hook" to differentiate from games coasting in on nostalgia appeal (the Kingdom Building was Kingmaker's), it is likely an AP with an overarching system in a similar vein to Kingmaker.
* Given Oleg's discussion of Kickstarter at Big Deal, it is likely that there will be another Kickstarter. News about this will probably not break until after the forum's are reformatted and DLC3 is released.
* Given the issues that Owlcat had with physical Kickstarter rewards, it seems likely that Physical rewards for this next Kickstarter will be minimal.

That's all I have so far. I'll keep this thread updated as I learn more."

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has the game sold well overall? I think one of the dev is Codexer, I remember him posting a lot on development here.

Regarding sequel honestly I would prefer if they avoid the name Pathfnder Kingmaker 2 or trying to promote the game as such.

Of the new crowdfunder RPGs the only one I think with successful sequel is only DOS 2. POE2 crashed and burned. I don't think others even had sequel. Selling the game as direct sequel will only appeal to people who finshed the first game after all.

PrettyDeadman

Has the game sold well overall? I think one of the dev is Codexer, I remember him posting a lot on development here.

Regarding sequel honestly I would prefer if they avoid the name Pathfnder Kingmaker 2 or trying to promote the game as such.

Of the new crowdfunder RPGs the only one I think with successful sequel is only DOS 2. POE2 crashed and burned. I don't think others even had sequel. Selling the game as direct sequel will only appeal to people who finshed the first game after all.
I heard the game has sold very well but all the money was stolen by russian mafia.
RIP.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope they don't switch to PF2 yet. It would be a shame now that they got all the bugs and implementations done for Kingmaker.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Nah, no devs from Owlcat posted here which is a shame.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Has anyone turned Jaethal into living elf? I wonder if I can keep her in the party through out the whole game.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
New hotfix.
Please, be aware of plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Areas
  • Nyrd Zottenropple didn't start a dialog with the player in the area "The Menagerie". Resolution: fixed.
  • Nyrissa could botch the resurrection of Tristian, Kalikke and Kanerah in their respective Tests of Loyalty and start talking to their lifeless bodies. Resolution: fixed.
  • Some players could get stuck in the kobold'c cage on the first level of the dungeon under the Old Sycamore. Resolution: fixed.

Quests
  • During Jaethal's second companion quest, "Chase My Shadow", siding with Enneo in the final dialog would result in a fight with an unkillable Jaethal. Resolution: this time, she won't be coming back (hopefully...).
  • The quest "An Amusement for the Nobles" could, in rare cases, end up with the hunt becoming unfinishable because of the dialog with Jamel Visser. Resolution: fixed.
  • During the "Investigate My Death" quest, at the "Thorn River Bank" area, the camera would pan outside the map bounds. Resolution: fixed.
  • The global map encounter that starts the second part of Tristian's companion quest ("Saving Grace") would not happen if the player already completed the quest "War of the River Kings". Resolution: fixed. If you have already finished the latter quest, but not the "Against All Odds" quest, the encounter will happen while travelling on the global map.

User Interfaces
  • If a character was standing in snow, snow would also be visible in their inventory screen. Resolution: fixed.
  • In the class progression screen, some of the previously chosen abilities didn't display correctly. Resolution: fixed.
  • In some cases, when there was only one character left in the party, the interface would incorrectly display who will be passing a skill check (i.e., during dialogs). Resolution: fixed.

Items
  • After loading the game, shields' descriptions could stop showing their proper qualities (such as enchantments, etc.). Resolution: fixed.
  • Owners of the Ring of Circumstances could only activate up to 3 abilities at the same time, instead of 4. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous
  • Hired dance instructors for centaurs to make their attack animations look less stiff and more natural.
  • Audio: party banter voiceovers in DLC2 didn't playback on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed.
  • Last Azlanti saves could in rare cases get overwritten when starting a new campaign in Last Azlanti mode. Resolution: fixed.

That is... sudden.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
unknown.png

Owlcat studio head explains how they appraised their competitors during preproduction:

Obsidian - good story, but shallow gameplay. Owlcat assumed they will have an edge over Obsidian in depth of world setting, character development and name recognition of writers (MCA). They consider it a big marketing success that they managed to create a false impression that Chris is the main writer. :lol:

Larian - excellent combat, but "eclectic" story. Owlcat assumed they will have an edge over Larian in depth of world setting, focus on story, and name recognition of writers.

The Real Fanboy
All Paladins in DnD need to be Lawfull Good.

So gods that don't fit 100% in that good girl lewk don't have paladins? That's soo dumb

Thanks for the help tho, guess I'll just create a barbarian and pretend to be a fierce Steel Garrote princess!
Lawful Neutral and Neutral Good gods also have paladins.

ok but do the not lawful neutral and not neutral good gods just decide to not give their followers paladin powers? Is this explained in the fandom?

I'd say Asmodeus is probably closest to Woedica. He is the god/archdevil of contracts (especially unfair contracts), tyrants, and slavers. He kind of holds a unique position in that some of the less Evil-aligned divinities occasionally cooperate with him.

Thanks for the link Simon! Roleplaying is super important to me and I'd hate to have to pretend to have been a Steel Garrote lost in Golorion. Now I'll be a badass Knight-Princess of Asmodeus wearing the black armour with a face beat to the gods with red warpaint and wielding an awesome spiked mace! (Also how awesome is it that Asmodeus is genderfluid!!!)

BTW which paladin god is the closest to Woedica in pathfinder, sis?
Woedica would probably share some similarities with Asmodeus, as another poster mentioned. The big difference is that Asmodeus is a cool and collected super lawyer, while Woedica is a bitter child.

Asmodeus is cool, please don't make them lame by calling him/her a super lawyer.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Obsidian - good story, but shallow gameplay. Owlcat assumed they will have an edge over Obsidian in depth of world setting, character development and name recognition of writers (MCA). They consider it a big marketing success that they managed to create a false impression that Chris is the main writer. :lol:

Most of the people here knew already that MCA contribution was... the usual. A little bit here and there, and nothing more.

This said, the writing is SO MUCH better than PoE.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Most of the people here knew already that MCA contribution was... the usual. A little bit here and there, and nothing more.

This said, the writing is SO MUCH better than PoE.

Some Japanese levels of politeness and civility there. Everyone with a brain knows the story and writing of POE was shit - which just leaves the gameplay. Interesting Russian propaganda and fake news in assuming MCA was lead writer; I think it's common practice these days that if you already know who he is, then you check to see how involved he is in a project. It might have worked for casuals though?.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom