Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I made Jaethal a Vivi too. I turned on auto builds for henchmen and it changed my difficulty to custom do I have to restart? I really wanna get those achievements for beating the game on the hard difficulty.

Edit: +4 stat and +2 ac this potion kicks ass.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is Vivi bad or something? I'm still getting my ass kicked on this difficulty I think I need every advantage.

Vivi is good. But 1 level offers 10 minute duration, 1 use per rest. 10 minutes is enough for a boss fight or a few encounters, but won't last trough a big map. ALSO will not persist between those tiny map areas when you explore. When you consider it cost you 1 BAB and other lost opportunities, its not so hot for me.

I like Vivis, just take a minimum 4 levels in them. Or 2 with Cognatogen for wizards, I guess.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly while Kingdom Management can be very annoying, just automating everything will really cause you to have nothing to do. The game time progression is somewhat balanced around doing Kingdom Management time skips.

Parabalus

Arcane
Question about the Tenebrous Depths in the main campaign - it's clean up 4 levels per boss, get 5 quest items ( 4 looted + 1 per boss) each.

Anything else to pay attention to?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Does anyone know if animal companions got fixed since release?

During my last playthrough (november 2018), the elk and bear companions didn't get their abilities (powerful charge and rend) at level 7, has it been fixed?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

During my last playthrough (november 2018), the elk and bear companions didn't get their abilities (powerful charge and rend) at level 7, has it been fixed?
Everything is fixed, the game is perfect, this is a perfect game.
Nah just kidding, I'm not actually sure but if people brought up that issue since November 2018 I would be very surprised if it wasn't fixed.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Nah just kidding, I'm not actually sure but if people brought up that issue since November 2018 I would be very surprised if it wasn't fixed.
I am gonna find out in just 6 levels from now.

Parabalus

Arcane
Question about the Tenebrous Depths in the main campaign - it's clean up 4 levels per boss, get 5 quest items ( 4 looted + 1 per boss) each.

What's the difference between learning the dragon's secret or not?

I did it but don't feel like I got anything for it.

frajaq

Erudite

thought you unlocked an extra boss fight for it?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

The silver dragon joins the Spawn of Rovagug and you have to fight them both at the same time.

You also get the full stories of all minibosses and the dragon if you find all the secrets, and we're in it for the story, right?

Parabalus

Arcane

The silver dragon joins the Spawn of Rovagug and you have to fight them both at the same time.

You also get the full stories of all minibosses and the dragon if you find all the secrets, and we're in it for the story, right?

That's what happened, I thought there's more to it.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>Okay I found a good build.
For all that is holy, do not use that build. I already have a thread dedicated to the discussion of monks, and unarmed builds, here:
Basic Monk guide: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ide-for-monk-so-i-give-guide-for-monk.131604/
Sword Saint unarmed build: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...so-i-give-guide-for-monk.131604/#post-6506010
Scaled Fist monk guide: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...ive-guide-for-monk.131604/page-2#post-6533260

I am currently doing some testing for unfair monk builds, but that's taking a while, so no promises on that.

>Oh shit I forgot I need a kingdom management guide.
There is a guide on this subforum that is dedicated to just that. Here(It's incomplete though): https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/index-to-pink-eyes-big-bag-of-tricks.131283/

>Is Vivi bad or something?
Yes, it is bad. You're essentially trading class progression and BAB progression for sneak attack die that does chip damage. If you dumped INT, then you're further gimping yourself. The entire point of the dip is for the mutagen. The mutagen gives a bonus named alchemical, which can stack with other stat bonuses. However, you need to ask if it is worth sacrificing class progression for a minor buff that only lasts 10 mins. 4 vivi dip on the other hands is a different story. 4 levels is far more significant than a 1 level dip.

>I really wanna get those achievements for beating the game on the hard difficulty.
The main thing to take away is this. You have to eliminate RNG out of the equation. You want the game to fight on your terms. I can go more into that, if you want. But the main gist is to squeeze as many bonuses as you can. Always force encounters to play out in favorable terrain. Avoid getting surrounded. Always inflict one of the many conditions found here. Always try to force choke points in order to abuse the flanking bonuses. Take team work feats, they're the easiest and cheapest ways to stack bonuses, the most important are: Outflank and seize the moment.

Jezal_k23

Hey why is this guy so pissed at Owlcat? What have I missed?

I will no longer do this because this good game has an unfortunate set of devs. Sorry. You can thank them for it. I will not delete what I've made, because I'm not 16 and some people might be inconvenienced by it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
For all that is holy, do not use that build.

Why not? Aside from his 1000 I.Q stat spread and justification for it. The build looked pretty good and it thrashed the end boss solo basically.

That hungerseed tiefling looks cool with the bite attack but, I like the contrast of having an Aasimar as the leader of my party of shitty henchmen. I might try that strength based Scaled fist. But I'll want to take a dip or two.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>The build looked pretty good and it thrashed the end boss solo basically.
If you're evaluating a build based off of its end game performance, you're not going to gleam much. End game gear and buffs is always going to lead to skewed results. You have to consider early game + mid game performance. Difficulty is also another thing to consider.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
I'll think about it while eating breakfast.

How about Nerd Commando's Scaled fist 18/Paladin 2

Scaled Fist Monk Build Summary:
Race: Aasimar (Angelkin)
Str: 17->18 (firstly)
Dex: 14
Con: 10
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Cha: 20->24
Alignment: Lawful Good Classes: Monk (Scaled Fist) 18/Paladin 2 Skills: at least Mobility 3, Persuasion, Use Magic Device Feats/Powers etc.

(Monk=M, Paladin=P):

1M: Dragon Style, Improved Initiative
2M: Dodge
3M: Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike), Copper Dragon - Acid
4M: Barkskin
5M: Outflank, Leg Sweep
6M: Dragon Ferocity, Sudden Speed
7M: Pummeling Style
8M: Restoration
9M: Pummeling Charge, Hammerblow
10M: Trip, Wholeness of Body
11M: Fury's Fall
12P: Irori
13P: Wings
14M:
15M: Power Attack, Shattering Punch
16M: Combat Reflexes, Diamond Soul
17M: Seize the Moment
18M: Diamond Body
19M: Toughness, Defensive Spin
20M: Improved Critical - Unarmed Strike, Quivering Palm

Would this do well or should I swap the Cha and Str?

Yosharian

Arcane

I am gonna find out in just 6 levels from now.
In my Steam builds page (see sig) there is an explanation on how to level characters to 20 for testing purposes, takes a couple of minutes at most. Also you can use any of the cheat mods.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'll think about it while eating breakfast.

How about Nerd Commando's Scaled fist 18/Paladin 2

Scaled Fist Monk Build Summary:
Race: Aasimar (Angelkin)
Str: 17->18 (firstly)
Dex: 14
Con: 10
Int: 7
Wis: 10
Cha: 20->24
Alignment: Lawful Good Classes: Monk (Scaled Fist) 18/Paladin 2 Skills: at least Mobility 3, Persuasion, Use Magic Device Feats/Powers etc.

(Monk=M, Paladin=P):

1M: Dragon Style, Improved Initiative
2M: Dodge
3M: Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike), Copper Dragon - Acid
4M: Barkskin
5M: Outflank, Leg Sweep
6M: Dragon Ferocity, Sudden Speed
7M: Pummeling Style
8M: Restoration
9M: Pummeling Charge, Hammerblow
10M: Trip, Wholeness of Body
11M: Fury's Fall
12P: Irori
13P: Wings
14M:
15M: Power Attack, Shattering Punch
16M: Combat Reflexes, Diamond Soul
17M: Seize the Moment
18M: Diamond Body
19M: Toughness, Defensive Spin
20M: Improved Critical - Unarmed Strike, Quivering Palm

Would this do well or should I swap the Cha and Str?
I mean if you want a monk, that's probably the right way to do it. Don't expect miracles from Trip, many creatures are either immune or effectively immune.

I would increase Strength over Charisma, though, and also throw in a bit more CON.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
imho nerd commando doesnt ahve a single good build unless im mistaking him for someone else.
the guy who xp boost at jamandis mansion and kill lv2-5 stuff with lv20 characters "showcasing" his build.
I dont think i saw any video of him respeccing at later chapters and showing buiild on a hard fight

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I still haven't even beaten the Stag Lord, but the Traveling Zoo is proving itself worthy of ruling the Stolen Lands.

It's still a work in progress, but right now the lineup is:

Emma Spellflame, a Sylvan Sorcerer halfling with a smilodon
The Seer, a Sylvan Sorcerer aasimar with an elk
The Golden Leaf, a Druid aasimar with a mastodon
Alyra the Blessed Child, a Cleric of Erastil aasimar still petless
The Arrow in the Dark, a Ranger aasimar still petless
Balia the Silent Blade, a Knife Master/Vivisectionist elf that will forever be the shame of the group for it's eternal solitude

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom