Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Sykar

Arcane
LOL, Blood Havoc came from very obscure book and ILLEGAL in organised play:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tqcu?A-discussion-on-Blood-Havoc-and-if-you-think

You also sacrificed 9 spells known.

Human favorite class Sorcerer gives him 16 spell almost for free. It is also in Eldritch Arcana.

Punched in "illegal" and "obscure" which yielded no results. A lot of the arguments are nonsense. Cookie cutter builds have existed forever. Crossblooded sorc is a rarely played archetype as mentioned before. Also nice how you leave out this:

"I know, but from what was posted above, i concluded, that this ban might be in order to take power from wizards dipping into crossblooded Orc/Draconic and taking Blood havoc.

Thus, a rules clarification might remove the reason to have Blood Havoc banned.

As it is now, it practically encourages people to go wizard and dip crossblooded without any serious drawbacks, while "true" blaster Sorcs, who want to deal damage are limited to the Orc OR Draconic Bloodline since crossblooded would cripple their casting ability (dipping wizards don't give a shi** about the spells known malus since they only take one level)."

But please keep crying about irrelevant stuff.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I want to fire the game up for another playthrough before Wrath of the Righteous comes out but I haven't played for quite a while.
What are the must-have mods now?

Turn-based of course.
Eldritch Arcana? Bag of Tricks (or is this only cheats)? Fixed PnP rules Sneak Attack? Craft Magic Items? Advanced Martial Arts?
If it's relevant I'm not planning to play on Unfair and I'll probably run some sort of Magus build since I haven't done that since my first playthrough.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I never said AT sucks. I said crossblooded Orc/Draconic outdamages AT, even with the completely legal +3 to damage spells per die. The only reason I brought it up was because Haplo implied somehow that AT deals more damage than crossblooded O/C sorc. They don´t even at "just" +3 damage per die.

They can, at least for certain spells, particularly with lower die caps. Besides the (likely bugged) multiple sneak attack rolls, an AT also benefits from 2x +1 damage per die items. And those items also add those 2x +1/die to sneak damage dice.

Sykar

Arcane
I never said AT sucks. I said crossblooded Orc/Draconic outdamages AT, even with the completely legal +3 to damage spells per die. The only reason I brought it up was because Haplo implied somehow that AT deals more damage than crossblooded O/C sorc. They don´t even at "just" +3 damage per die.

They can, at least for certain spells, particularly with lower die caps. Besides the (likely bugged) multiple sneak attack rolls, an AT also benefits from 2x +1 damage per die items. And those items also add those 2x +1/die to sneak damage dice.

If SA is applied more than once it is a bug or at the very least strictly house rules. Per P&P only full round attacks can grant multiple instances of SA.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, but besides that, Vulcanic Eruption does 3d6 bludge +2d6 fire damage. 3d6 +2d6 +2 with items.

On a buffed 10 AT: 3d6 + 12d6 + 24 + 2d6 +2 +12d6 + 24

Barring the likely bug: 3d6 + 2d6 +2 +12d6 + 24

Sjukob

Arcane
I want to fire the game up for another playthrough before Wrath of the Righteous comes out but I haven't played for quite a while.
What are the must-have mods now?

Turn-based of course.
Eldritch Arcana? Bag of Tricks (or is this only cheats)? Fixed PnP rules Sneak Attack? Craft Magic Items? Advanced Martial Arts?
If it's relevant I'm not planning to play on Unfair and I'll probably run some sort of Magus build since I haven't done that since my first playthrough.
Eldritch Arcana for everything magic related + feats, traits and oracle class. Comes with build in favored class mechanic, which doesn't support classes from call of the wild though.

Call of the wild for feats, spells and classes. Makes some changes to game balance, but certain tweaks can be disabled in settings. Newest versions are not compatible with Eldritch Arcana.

The lost grimoire - adds some nice options for wizards, so they can actually compete with sorcerers. Some new feats, spells, school focuses and golem companions.

Craft magic items - keen fauchards, scimitars, kukris and other cool items for everyone. Serves as a massive gold sink throughout the whole game, probably the most broken mod in terms of balancing, but I would rather take it rather than vanilla game itemization. Seriously devalues a lot of items in the game, though you can't add unique bonuses to items, like additional damage to bombs for example, so things like paladin armor, monk robes, kineticist stuff and other stay very relevant. Makes blast casters (and every other type of caster, really) cry in joy, because crafted wands have 50 charges and spell level similar to the level of character who created the wand. Crafting non-magical items uses knowledge world skill as DC, crafting magical items uses knowledge arcana skill as DC + knowing or not knowing certain spells increases or decreases the DC of crafting, it doesn't cost anything but gold, time and feats to craft items. Hire as many wizard mercs as you can afford and turn them into craft monkeys.

Bag of tricks is mostly a cheat tool, but there's also some other stuff, like the option to name your animal companions, spawn enemies or even make the game harder by increasing enemy HP. There are really a lot of tweaks and I don't know all of them.

Don't know anything about closer to PnP and advanced martial arts mods, only heard that the latter doesn't work properly.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Looks like Call of the Wind is not compatible with Eldritch Arcana anymore, shame, unless someone makes compatibility patch or something. Modders, fucking modders, could've easily avoid putting the same feats as EA has.

PrettyDeadman

What is the most brainded character build with no micro which can beat unfair?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
PSA: the latest Call of the Wild mod version (released 8 Feb) breaks compatibility with Eldritch Arcana (and EA updated) and is intentional by the mod creator. If you enjoy using both do not update.

Last edited:

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
TypicalModder.png

Lambach

Arcane
What is the most brainded character build with no micro which can beat unfair?

If by "beating unfair" you mean from start to finish, I'm not sure, but after level 12 a Kineticist with Deadly Earth makes most other builds and Classes largely obsolete and the only micro you need is being careful not to nuke yourself. Of course, you'll die of boredom playing that.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
PSA: the latest Call of the Wild mod version (released 8 Feb) breaks compatibility with Eldritch Arcana (and EA updated) and is intentional by the mod creator. If you enjoy using both do not update.
He intentionally broke compatibility?

Lmao

He said that EA (even the updated one) are not really updated/managed anymore. The mod is also buggy (it is) and has different structure to CotW.

The new CotW did adds some new feats + metamagic + magic tattoo from EA but currently EA has more feats in it so combing the older version CotW + EA is still better. People are petitioning the CotW creator to add feats from EA tho. We will see.

Yosharian

Arcane
He says that he's finished work on the mod tho, I wouldn't hold your breath

Call of the Wild modder?
Yeah it says in the sticky that he's completed the mod

The work on Call of the Wild mod is over.
I think I've implemented most of the stuff I planned from the beginning. Druids are fun to play again :)
I will still try to do my best to fix the bugs you report, but I have no plans to release any new content. Nevertheless if you think I missed a feat or a spell related to the mod theme, do not hesitate to tell me in Suggestions forum thread.
it would be good if you could post any of the builds you are using that include mod content in a dedicated forum thread, since apparently some people have troubles to use efficiently all what this mod has to offer. It would also allow me to understand what features of the mod are completely broken balance-wise :)

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the mod and provided comments during its development.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
He says that he's finished work on the mod tho, I wouldn't hold your breath

Call of the Wild modder?
Yeah it says in the sticky that he's completed the mod

The work on Call of the Wild mod is over.
I think I've implemented most of the stuff I planned from the beginning. Druids are fun to play again :)
I will still try to do my best to fix the bugs you report, but I have no plans to release any new content. Nevertheless if you think I missed a feat or a spell related to the mod theme, do not hesitate to tell me in Suggestions forum thread.
it would be good if you could post any of the builds you are using that include mod content in a dedicated forum thread, since apparently some people have troubles to use efficiently all what this mod has to offer. It would also allow me to understand what features of the mod are completely broken balance-wise :)

Thanks to everyone who downloaded the mod and provided comments during its development.
So does that mean it has everything that EA has, too?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Huh, he did make a reddit post about it and çonsidering to add feats from EA.

Oh well at least older version are up to download

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom