Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

So now the stretch goals are very good, but looks like the KS campaign lost some momentum and the last 2 days are not *that* good. Its a pity. I don't think we will get too far with the numbers.
Good. I'm starting to get a little worried about feature creep. The last stretch goal with the tactical battles has me worried. Lock down the features now. Any more stretch goals can be for backer perks or for some clones of Chris Avellone.

S.torch

Arbiter
Gather the units! Signal the men! Blow the horn!
The Monks are marching!
We shall take back the abyss!
Through sheer will! And raw power!
With fist and kicks! We will push back the demonic menace!
41CwycP.jpg

Do you have interest in asian culture Pink Eye? or just Monks in particular?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Gather the units! Signal the men! Blow the horn!
The Monks are marching!
We shall take back the abyss!
Through sheer will! And raw power!
With fist and kicks! We will push back the demonic menace!
41CwycP.jpg

Do you have interest in asian culture Pink Eye? or just Monks in particular?
Virgin japanese buddhist warrior monk vs chad european catholic mendicant friar

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So now the stretch goals are very good, but looks like the KS campaign lost some momentum and the last 2 days are not *that* good. Its a pity. I don't think we will get too far with the numbers.
I'm pretty sure they will finance the final stretch goal themselves or announce they'll do it anyway once the campaign is over.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
what do you expect with goals like these...
they are like +10 encounters fuck yea! while backers are +10 from what?
this would be fine only if they let backers submit and then vote their own encounters.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
this would be fine only if they let backers submit and then vote their own encounters.
But then they wouldn't be a surprise.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Why do you need to know how many were before? It's not a percentage. Reach this goal, you get 10 more. I would also like to know how much total but it's not as confusing as you're making it out to be.

Shadenuat

Arcane
problem with all these promises "choose how you fortress is going to look like" n such is that we already heard that somewhere.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Why do you need to know how many were before? It's not a percentage. Reach this goal, you get 10 more. I would also like to know how much total but it's not as confusing as you're making it out to be.
It's not really that it's confusing, it's that there's no way to know how relevant it is. Like, 10 random encounters doesn't feel like much at all to me. Are 10 encounters like.. a doubling? Tripling? Is it just a 10% increase? It doesn't really mean anything because we have nothing to put it in relation to. It's a very strange stretch goal to swing around like the big dick here at the end of the Kickstarter.

It's like "Here's +10 of something!" and you're like... "Alright?"

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's like "Here's +10 of something!" and you're like... "Alright?"

It ain't nothing.

Early/midgame P:K feels so much more finished/meaningful because there are so many more random encounters that interact with the story. If they use those ten to fill in gaps like Pitax could make a huge difference.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Well this is all very exciting isn't it? I did die a little bit inside when I saw the bluehair in the kickstarter video, but then I reflected that SJW tomfoolery, while present, had taken second seat to decent writing and characterization in PK, so here's hoping it's the same for this game. Whatever its faults, PK was a great game that gave me tons of entertainment, so I'm really looking forward to this one!

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well this is all very exciting isn't it? I did die a little bit inside when I saw the bluehair in the kickstarter video, but then I reflected that SJW tomfoolery, while present, had taken second seat to decent writing and characterization in PK, so here's hoping it's the same for this game. Whatever its faults, PK was a great game that gave me tons of entertainment, so I'm really looking forward to this one!
So far, I see a need for at least three mods.
  • A simple portrait-switch and minor model adjustment so Seelah the negrodin isn't a negress.
  • A dialogue mod that allows us to do the [Lawful Good] thing and banish the tranny "Anevia" Tirabade for abject degeneracy and endangering the war effort.
  • An NPC mod that changes his "wife", the lesbian "paladin" half-orc Irabeth Tirabade from Paladin to something more appropriate.
All in all, it might actually be harder to unfuck Wrath of the Righteous, since these mongoloid sues are forced into and integrated in the Adventure Path. At the very least, Anevia is intended to be an advisor. Hopefully, you'll be able to get rid of him permanently, but I doubt they'll let it be a Lawful Good action. If so, it should be easy to just add another dialogue option, making it Lawful Good, but tie it to the same (non-alignment) triggers as the Lawful Evil or Chaotic Evil choice as.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I'll leave it here as a gift for certain users. :)

This video was quite enlightening, thanks! Ever since I first saw a D&D monk in BG2 I've been wondering what's this class doing there. It seemed out of place, because what is an eastern monk doing in the Sword Coast. Now I know it's always been some kind of a misunderstanding.

As I've been playing PKM and reading the rulebooks I've seen a number of classes which make me wonder what's their purpose, but I guess as time goes on different subgroups of the playerbase have to be satisfied.

Still, nothing justifies the furries. At least in a PnP game you can ban certain immersion breaking stuff. Pathfinder kind of steers me towards playing with parody in mind. For example IWD makes me look for roleplaying a classic hero.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom