Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Efe

Erudite
i had a streak with those guys critting like throwing candy.
next 3 reloads, still crits flying all over. sometimes you are just unlucky.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The Charge of the Light Brigade
By Alfred, Lord Tennyson
I
Half a league, half a league,
Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.
“Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns!” he said.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

II
“Forward, the Light Brigade!”
Was there a man dismayed?
Not though the soldier knew
Someone had blundered.
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die.
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

III
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon in front of them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of hell
Rode the six hundred.

IV
Flashed all their sabres bare,
Flashed as they turned in air
Sabring the gunners there,
Charging an army, while
All the world wondered.
Plunged in the battery-smoke
Right through the line they broke;
Cossack and Russian
Reeled from the sabre stroke
Shattered and sundered.
Then they rode back, but not
Not the six hundred.

V
Cannon to right of them,
Cannon to left of them,
Cannon behind them
Volleyed and thundered;
Stormed at with shot and shell,
While horse and hero fell.
They that had fought so well
Came through the jaws of Death,
Back from the mouth of hell,
All that was left of them,
Left of six hundred.

VI
When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!
All the world wondered.
Honour the charge they made!
Honour the Light Brigade,
Noble six hundred!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Has anyone been experiencing this? After 10+ hours of playing in BTSL, the game will start to slow down. Saving and exiting out of the game has fixed the issue though. Still, it's a bit worrisome that the game will start to destabilize whenever I decide to play for 10-20 hours straight.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Has anyone been experiencing this? After 10+ hours of playing in BTSL, the game will start to slow down. Saving and exiting out of the game has fixed the issue though. Still, it's a bit worrisome that the game will start to destabilize whenever I decide to play for 10-20 hours straight.
That happened to me even while playing through the main campaign. It's nothing to worry about: memory management is a complex problem and, knowing how Owlcat developed this game, we can't expect that to be properly handled.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
That happened to me even while playing through the main campaign. It's nothing to worry about: memory management is a complex problem and, knowing how Owlcat developed this game, we can't expect that to be properly handled.
Well that's good news. Glad to hear that's on the game, and not on my computer. I was afraid my PC was dying on me.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Nice tip for BTSL Unfair players. If you manage to kill the elite monster. You can leave, go into stealth, deaggro, then rest. Easy way to exploit the AI when you're fighting a losing battle. But you need haste or a fast party to do it though.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well that's good news. Glad to hear that's on the game, and not on my computer. I was afraid my PC was dying on me.

I think there is Cleaner mod on nexus which basically erases the unused actor/corpses littered around all areas. Not sure whether that would help in BTSL.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I can't select this chest. Th-thanks Owlcat. Not like I suffered hell to beat those golems.
NEr38Tr.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I can't select this chest. Th-thanks Owlcat. Not like I suffered hell to beat those golems.
What happens when you try to click it?

Sometimes some elements stop working, but usually alt tabbing out of the game is enough to fix the problem.
Nope. My character just moves to the position. So they just end up standing on top of the chest instead of lockpicking it. Shit like that always happens though. Invisible walls when you open a door. Characters get stuck in the most bizarre of positions. Secret walls bugging out. Inaccessible rooms. Oh man don't even get me started on the retarded golem spam that happens after floor 100....

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What happens when you try to click it?

Sometimes some elements stop working, but usually alt tabbing out of the game is enough to fix the problem.
Nope. My character just moves to the position. So they just end up standing on top of the chest instead of lockpicking it. Shit like that always happens though. Invisible walls when you open a door. Characters get stuck in the most bizarre of positions. Secret walls bugging out. Inaccessible rooms. Oh man don't even get me started on the retarded golem spam that happens after floor 100....

Shitty DLC is shitty DLC (to be fair there were some good things for the main game). The difference between the areas the original devs worked on like Old Sycamore and Lake Silvermere and whatever shit you're playing is night and day. Just say no.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I like it, it's the best means of testing builds without committing to another 100+ hour unfair playthrough. You get a large diversity of enemies to face at each floor. Which gives you a reasonable expectation of what you can expect from your build at each level. The only issue is the golem spam. Golems are complete faggots on Unfair. Like seriously, the elite golems are awful to face. Golems in BTSL are much stronger and annoying than the ones you face in the main campaign.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Having a dungeon romp is a fun addition when you just want combat oriented play. It should be able to be done better I guess, no need to be "roguelike" mode. Maybe some sort of Arena will work for WotR

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Holy shit boys! Look at what I found! The legendary +5 mighty fists amulet! I have never seen this in the main game! I don't know how you can get this in the main game actually.
XebmDZf.png

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
One thing I really despise about this game is when it decides to take control away from the player to show an useless cutscene where the text is displayed at snail-speed above the characters. What's the fucking point? Just use the normal dialogue window, holy fuck. I don't want to stare at Tristian screaming at Vordakai for ten minutes.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pink Eye I reloaded a save to look at it, it apparently drops from something in HatEoT. I don't recall what.

I feel like I got it just before I ran out of gas in House, so my guess would be Wriggly Man

I was thinking it might be him as well. I just thought I got it later, but I wasn't paying much attention since it's monk/druid crap. :P

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
One thing I really despise about this game is when it decides to take control away from the player to show an useless cutscene where the text is displayed at snail-speed above the characters. What's the fucking point? Just use the normal dialogue window, holy fuck. I don't want to stare at Tristian screaming at Vordakai for ten minutes.

I think that thing happens when the actors are also doing some other stuff. Casting spells/moving around etc.

I guess you can consider it an attempt at cut-scene.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom