Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Jinn

Arcane
Been playing it since last night, im definitely buying it. Just hesitating because my old comp can barely run it, when i get my new one ill see how well it stacks up and buy it.

Yeah, I was thinking about you when I was playing last night. "I bet Lhynn would be into this shit." Glad you're playing it and having fun!

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The game has slow-ish start and tutorial seems to drag on forever, introducing all the different systems and mechanics.
But it's fun to play.

Just a had a battle 12 vs 46 in a huge city block.
Two teams came down on enemies from 2 sides, attacking from street level and rooftops.
Lots of cover, smoke grenades, cross-fire, overwatch, exploding corpses of flaming cultists. It was glorious.
I have not had such a great shootout since JA2; and never in nuXcoms.

I believe all the tacticool aficionados would miss a lot, by not giving the game a try.

oscar

Arcane
Concur with above. You have to sit through a few painfully easy battles but the game is starting to open up nicely. The customisation system seems like a powergamer's wet-dream since the perks are pretty powerful and there's definitely a lot of synergy potential.

Also some in-mission C&C through the dialogue decisions. In one I decided to be a smartass what made a mission much more difficult than it would have been originally. I also got a fairly tough optional fight in one by also being a hardass in dialogue.

One thing I will say is the low health to damage means that combat feels pretty random. Crit rates are quite high too so even your heroes can die in a few attacks if you're unlucky (the reverse is true too).

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
One thing I will say is the low health to damage means that combat feels pretty random. Crit rates are quite high too so even your heroes can die in a few attacks if you're unlucky (the reverse is true too).
What difficulty are you playing on? Ive found that if you take cover and dont leave your characters exposed they will never go down.

Jinn

Arcane
My biggest issue with the game has been the difficulty being too easy in the beginning. I'm assuming it's to ease the player in, while introducing the deluge of systems and mechanics. Playing on Hard. Wish they'd let you start on "Cruel" difficulty. Still waiting for that to unlock. Supposedly happens fairly early on in the main scenario. We'll see what that brings to the table, as well as how the game picks up once out of "ease player in" mode. Still having a blast regardless.

Lhynn

Arcane
Difficulty is a bit different here. The higher you set it, the better the rewards. You can change it on the fly. And yeah, the unlock to cruel doesnt happen too far into the story.

oscar

Arcane
Switched to hard and immediately the game feels much better. Normal is just a tad too easy for most people familiar with the genre I suspect. Now I'm forced to use cover a lot more, manage my healing etc

Lhynn

Arcane
On the enemy side at least, one of the first gangs you encounter are the bulls, you can get a whole bunch of passives about rage and being tough from them.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Does this have barbarians at least?

You can turn your first character into a sword-wielding juggernaut, with very high block and dodge, and 100% hit/crit chance on melee retaliations attacks.
What he does to the enemies is pretty barbaric in a good way.

oscar

Arcane
Albus seems to get chewed up very easily for me, he's gotten taken out of action early on in the past few missions in a row (by gunfire then by a magma varient of those tiger-dog things). But he's glorious when his counter-attack comes into play given his high accuracy and crit rate.

Zyondyne

Learned
Beware of a very frequent save corruption issue. Already lost my progress twice.

Game is pretty okay so far. A lot more complex systems than I expected and some nice synergies. But f*ck it, it's not that good to replay it all over again.

Lhynn

Arcane
Albus seems to get chewed up very easily for me, he's gotten taken out of action early on in the past few missions in a row (by gunfire then by a magma varient of those tiger-dog things). But he's glorious when his counter-attack comes into play given his high accuracy and crit rate.
Use cover and his wind ranged attack more often, it is pretty brutal.

Jinn

Arcane
Beware of a very frequent save corruption issue. Already lost my progress twice.

I'm assuming you're playing in offline mode then? Haven't had any problems with saves myself on online mode, nor have I seen any recent posts about such problems on the steam forum. Make sure to bring the problem to the developers attention. They are extremely receptive to feedback.

Zyondyne

Learned

I'm assuming you're playing in offline mode then? Haven't had any problems with saves myself on online mode, nor have I seen any recent posts about such problems on the steam forum. Make sure to bring the problem to the developers attention. They are extremely receptive to feedback.

Yes, it's offline mode that is problematic. Starting all over again in online mode works, but I already made quite a lot of progress in offline. There are quite a few reports of the same issue and they didn't give a response yet.

Jinn

Arcane
Holy shit, I switched to Cruel difficulty before doing the Magenta Back-streets mission and it sure lived up to its name. I think this is the point in the game where the general difficulty ramps up, because this was one intense bloody war. If anyone was concerned about the difficulty in the game, rest assured it definitely starts delivering a little later in.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Not sure if something has been lost in the translation, but the first hint of the boss's name doesn't really inspire terror.

CmmMZTS.jpg

Yeah... 'Dark Spoon' eh? The whole 'Spoon' religious cult angle is a bit... odd. Is it meant to be funny? Just failed first mission, when Hero Irene went charging in a got totally gangbanged by about 6 big dudes before I could get to her. Gameplay pretty good so far, keeping me interested with all the skills and stuff. Seems nice and complicated.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
One of the greatest villains in RPGs was named Jon.
But yeah, it's hard to take Spoon cult seriously and the game is lighthearted enough, it's not some grimdark desperation.

Another layer of complexity is "hidden" mastery sets, they add some interesting synergies for other abilities.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It seems you should all be playing Troubleshooter [instead of XCOM Chimera Squad] if you can suffer jrpg art and quest design.
I glanced at Troubleshooter - XCOM as anime school kids vs. other anime school kids didn't grab my attention. Also most reviews show like 300 hours played - Chimera Squad seemed like a much more reasonable investment of my time.

Am I wrong to not pay attention to Troubleshooter?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Yes, it seems that this game lacks exposure because of all the controversy about Diversity Squad.
I'm not much into anime shit myself, but you make it sound worse than it is. It's not about school kids, the characters are "young adults".
More like "superhero light" shtick.

But if you can get look past appearance, the game is pretty complex and amount of different mechanics they've implemented is impressive.

The hardest part for me was to get past the tutorials/intro it's like 3 or 4 missions. But once you start getting huge city battles, like 10 vs 50, it's real fun.

PrettyDeadman

It seems you should all be playing Troubleshooter [instead of XCOM Chimera Squad] if you can suffer jrpg art and quest design.
I glanced at Troubleshooter - XCOM as anime school kids vs. other anime school kids didn't grab my attention. Also most reviews show like 300 hours played - Chimera Squad seemed like a much more reasonable investment of my time.

Am I wrong to not pay attention to Troubleshooter?
Why would you chose to play a crappier rehashed version of already crappy nuxcom instead of playing fresh and inclined tactical rpg instead?
That doesn't make any sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn

Arcane
Yeah... 'Dark Spoon' eh? The whole 'Spoon' religious cult angle is a bit... odd. Is it meant to be funny?

Yeah, as far as I can tell it's supposed to be a bit of a lighthearted representation of how dangerous and destructive cults can form around such absurd concepts.

It is a bit strange though. There is definitely a bit of tonal inconsistency that runs through the whole game. A weird mix of comedy, depressive darkness, and lots of death. It's definitely interesting, to say the least. I think there is more cohesion to the setting than meets the eye however, that'll perhaps become more clear as the game goes on.

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Alright, some context for the world in the game.
- Troubleshooters are, mostly psionics. They are also all adults. They work for a large organization and are assigned a jurisdiction, where they try to keep the peace.
- The protagonist is a twenty something guy that just got his Troubleshooter license. Because the MC is a super nice, "by the book" kind of guy you will be working closely with the police, so in most missions you will have police support.
- Irene, the girl in pretty much all covers, is underaged and will become a Troubleshooter apprentice, she has hero complex. ((Funnily enough theres a meal mechanic and she and the other underaged character cant drink alcohol, love that attention to detail.
- Spoonism is a criminal cult that is looking for the "promised land", they are terrorists, but they also have a strong emphasis on community, loyalty and sacrifice. In a world that has gone to shit more than once it is shown how compelling it would be to join it.
- The lore of the world is actually thought out, im loving the world building so far, it is very rich and theres a lot of attention to detail.

Loving the writing and the gameplay, it can be challenging but it also feels very rewarding.

Zombra it can probably go for longer, if you get into crafting you will be needing to grind missions, crafting is needed to tackle the harder content on the hardest difficulty, but the game isnt short even on the easiest difficulty and sticking to the story.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is this like a turn-based Freedom Force? Looks like superheroes fighting each other. How does the environment come into play?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom