Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Syril, Dec 2, 2011.

1. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Either switch to staff to cast something to knock them down or back up a bit, focus up and use magic cannon.

^ Top  
  2. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    Thankfully my pawns loot everything for me. My main pawn even sometimes cares more about loot than fight. Actually i like that. In case of smaller monster 1 pawn doing something else isn't a problem and in case of big fights, fights last long so pawn getting something up for few seconds isn't that much problem.

My main problem is that i started to play it like Dark Souls trying to collect every piece of gear sometimes in multiple coppies to field same looking band of one type pawns for lulz. Like 4 Striders or 4 warriors wearing full same looking knight looking set.

Now if pawns would say something like "which way to the gral !?" it would be amazing.

^ Top  
  3. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    The items they were carrying go to storage.

The penalties are
    1: Pawn's owner gets 3 star rating, which is kind of annoying for them (but I've literally never based hires on rating) but not an issue for you
    2: You have to pay to rehire (but I don't think I've ever hired a pawn above my level that wasn't free from friendlist stuff)
    3: Pawn may be changed by the time you get back to a rift.

So no real penalty.

^ Top  
  4. Suicidal Arcane

Suicidal
    This is really annoying for me - I hire a pawn for a day then he dies, I want to hire him again but now he is 50 levels above me and costs 100k crystals. I'm still trying to maintain a team of the ugliest characters I can find and when one becomes unhirable for me it's a problem cause I don't have many to choose from.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    ^ Top  
  5. cw8 Learned

cw8
    Get Great Cannon and own everything. Get Ice weapon buffs on your MK for yourself. Cast it first, then cast the Great Cannon. Now all Great Cannon shots are ice. Should take Drakes down super quick. Put a Ruinous Sigil around it for the lolz.

^ Top  
  6. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    Is there really no way to fast travel in this game? Running back and forth is brutally painful, especially when you suck at the game and run into dead ends.

^ Top  
  7. 80Maxwell08 Arcane

80Maxwell08
    Ferrystones let you travel anywhere you place a portcrystal at, along with the 3 major hubs of the game. Until the post-game you will only have 4 to set but that should be more than enough for the average person.

^ Top  
  8. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This except you can actually get 5, iirc. You can only place a maximum of 10 though.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. polo Erudite

polo
    So, started a new run with a figher/warrior solo char. Beaten the gazer at lvl 25. I have a lvl1 bbi weapon and it took me 3 tries. In one of the tries i discovered the asshole can hurt himself lol, he shoot a fireball while i was clinging to his eye, and he killed me, but he also dropped to the flor. I was like wtf? Then i realized what happened.

^ Top  
  10. Zed Duke of Banville Arcane Patron

Zed Duke of Banville
    How far into the main quest are you? As soon as you reach Gran Soren, which happens quite early in the main quest, you gain the ability to use ferrystones to teleport to permanent teleportation sites at Gran Soren, Cassardis, and Bitterblack Isle (after having first reached it via boat). You can also acquire 5 portcrystals, which are portable teleportation sites, and collect even more portcrystals in NG+ up to a maximum of 10. The first portcrystal can be found
    Show Spoiler
    at the very bottom of the Everfall, where you're directed as soon as you enter Gran Soren. Just make sure to pick up the portcrystal before examining the platform.

^ Top  
  11. polo Erudite

polo
    ok so after that i went to main story because didn't want to overlevel much, and lol i was stupid. With the armor and weapons (weounded heart and hydra helm mainly), main story line is just stupidly easy. Nothing can kill me, some enemies do nearly 0 damage, i kill almost everything in 1/2 MAYBE 3 regular hits. Im just doing the main quest so i can do everfall before BBI.

^ Top  
  12. Mozg Arcane

Mozg
    The guy that made Volgarr the Viking that is doing a DD solo run on Youtube did the cleverest thing I have seen in a video game lately. He's playing assassin, which has an ability called powder blast. When you trigger a powder blast, your guy makes a little pile of explosive powder on the ground, and then, until you trigger that skill a second time, he leaves a Looney Tunes style train of powder behind him as he walks. Activating the second time lights your powder train, which rapidly burns backwards until it reaches the original powder pile and explodes.

The super clever thing is that he would protect himself from BBI maneaters (which are basically Dark Souls mimics) by creating a powder charge in front of the chest and then leaving a very long powder train that eventually loops back around. He'd light the train, then quickly open the chest before the powder had time to burn back to the charge. If it had a maneater in it, the exploding charge would then knock him out of its mouth.

That is one single ability you could very well play through the entire game a couple of times without ever using.

• Brofist Brofist x 8
    ^ Top  
  13. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Finally did everything I had to do in DDDA (namely killed Death, the fleeing pussy). 96 hours.

All in all, a really good game. Got a bit repetitive, but that could be forgiven with all the late game surprises it had in store. The magic combo of a full party, adventure outside as well as dungeon romping and solid combat system worked for me. Like I said earlier, it was kinda like the real "old school" rpgs where story was an excuse for doing rpgey stuff.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    ^ Top  
  14. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Too bad that some of these surprises are that available in post game. Few things like different drakes or hydra could be boss fights or just roaming monsters long before unlocked Everfall. Dark Arisen is bit better in that regard although it still save some things until killing Damion for first time. Hopefully if Capcom will produce sequel pacing would be better.

^ Top  
  15. Ebonsword Arcane

Ebonsword
    I've started a second playthrough (going for Magic Archer this time, I think). So, now I have two pawns for rent (see sig).

^ Top  
  16. 80Maxwell08 Arcane

80Maxwell08
    Well I got my new computer, that's unfortunately on windows 10, and put this back on there. I decided to take a moment to pair my PS4 controller on my PC and now for some reason I can't use the D-Pad to go through the menu anymore. Also, the menu icons have changed to the generic "button 1,2,3" icons which I have no idea what the hell the are. Especially since the PS4 controller is supposed to be emulation a 360 controller. Might have to go back to using the PS3 controller again.

EDIT: Took a few tries after I found a guide on fixing the issue but it's working fine now. Time to finally jump back in. On a side note, the screen FOV option is hilarious to me. Why not zoom out about three times as much as usual.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    ^ Top  
  17. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    BROS FINALLY PLAYING THIS N THE PC CAN SOME OF YU FAGS REBNT MY PAWN!!!??!!

BLOBERTO
    PAWN IS HOT KATY

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Juan_Carlo Arcane

Juan_Carlo
    I'll rent your pawn Blobert (steam ID: Der Ungrund). I am trying to get to level 200.

Pawn: Enitharmon (modeled after 1970s era Pam Grier).

Anyone else feel free to add me too if you are playing this.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    ^ Top  
  19. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    THANKS BRO

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. BLOBERT Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

BLOBERT
    HAVING MANY FUN AGAIN BROS

TRYING TO BE TRUE TO MY WIFE WITH MR PAEN SO I HAF TO FORGET THE CAPE TO SHOW SOME ASS

BROS I NEED TO POST MORE NUDE PICS OF MY WIFE SERIOUSLY BEFORE WE WERE TOGETHER I KNEW SHE HAD A DSECENR BODY BUT SHIT SHE IS PRETTY HOT

AND BEST THING IS SHE DOESNT DO HERDELF UP REALLY FANCY SO SHE DOESNT LOOK LIKE A SLUT OR SOMETHING BUT SHE FUCJING HAS A GIANT ASS ON A 120 POUND BODY JUST AWEOSME

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Morgoth Arcane

Morgoth
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. 4249 Prophet Patron

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyespleaseyesplease.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    ^ Top  
  24. 4249 Prophet Patron

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Fuck. Shit. Balls. For once I can get excited over something and then it's some mobile shit for teenage girls.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. Hyperion Magister

Hyperion
    Motherfucking Capcom.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)