Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Thea 2: The Shattering

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Because unlike someone else I intend to complete this LP.

Bear in mind, I've played the first Thea a lot, so even though this is a blind first playthrough of Thea 2, I expect to not die horribly and suddenly in the first 10 turns or so...

This primary post is for the roster and ToC.

I'll get properly started in the next post.

Roster:
Crooked Bee
ZgVNJkY.png

Andnjord
UK3TOuu.png

Citizen
c7QIcPy.png

baud
I9hINHw.png

Grimwulf
45htV74.png

hello friend
IFLJzWc.png

Reinhardt
NF9azFN.png

MoistCloister
ePuSpoY.png

Storyfag
RMJ26fn.png

Nicebrain
LfPbm3d.png

Table of Contents:
1: Starting the game, choosing a god
2: Getting annoyed at a little red imp while hunting rats and defending against hags
3: Creatures from Slavic Mythology are SOBs, we get cursed, almost go insane and get plot exposition hurled at us
4: Baud contracts an STD, and Storyfag is revealed as being creepy
5: Side-questing, yay or nay? And choosing what path we walk in our gods quest
6: Seeking runaway dwarf-offspring, experiencing child mortality and dancing with waterdemons
7: Even in death you might serve, and how picking up a new career is a complete makeover
8: Pulling a sword from a stone, and faced with a big decision. Voting time people!
9: The end, mocked by elves, then beaten to death by undead and demons
10: A reload, grinding elves, Monty Python references, and a case of necrophilia
11: The case of the missing white rabbit, and going from Ice to Fire
12: Orcs, goblins, a magic curse and an undead dragon, a wedding and finally, a Ring!
13: Kraken! And a question of justice
14: The end, really. :salute:

Last edited:

Citizen

:rage: I'm just in the middle of uni crunch till 28 dec (and spending the little of free time I have on heroine quest)

But feel free to enlist me as a village demon or some slavic hottie skiled in craftswomanship

Andnjord

Arcane
I have no idea who or what this game is, but apparently we can submit for the Kodex Konscription so I'll do so right now.

Sign me up sir! Whatever pathetic red shirt role you shall require sir!

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
So, without further ado, let's fire it up.
0PmnPsy.png

m0Y81k0.png

I fiddled around a bit with my monitor setup. I usually run with two monitors, but I disabled my secondary, as it got included in the screenshots I took, and I can't be arsed to edit all of my screenshots to disable the "dead area". Therefore I restarted to game with only one monitor running, which is why some of the tutorial popups aren't showing.

We only have two gods to choose from at the beginning.
GlXg3nC.png

Dzievanna, nature goddess.
YFOrgxY.png

vRl5HXj.png

crdbKHE.png

HfDaJ9k.png

GiLehvj.png

Marovit, god of knowledge and magic.
xpIYQtE.png

ArwNdCD.png

Qbp4ZZH.png

VmJzEOE.png

I choose the former, but let's just take a quick look at the other, still locked gods, to whet our appetites for replays;

GGBDdg0.png

hUyg1ce.png

Uz88pyL.png

0d9KQAz.png

2BiBopT.png

xLz9V7c.png

w2aGxsi.png

I don't know if there are special requirements for unlocking Nyia and Triglav. I'd guess so? They come with five different god card slots, compared to four for the 7 other gods.
Welp. I guess I'll learn later. Maybe even while doing this LP?

I click next game, and get treated to this screen:
YJn5Ebg.png

I get to pick and choose amongst some characters and boni. Only a few unlocked in this wholly fresh game.
So, I choose what I feel like.
jO4gDh5.png

That's what we'll roll with.

In honor of Crooked Bee we name our Chosen One after her:
IHtdfsm.png

:salute:

Then we need to decide how big the world is, and whether it consists of islands or one large landmass. I go with the default options chosen, Islands and medium size:
kiPobBD.png

And then we're treated with the loading screen.
EcoSv1i.png

Once the game starts, an ugly imp accosts us, much like in the first Thea, with a bit of info and help:
al7sxZb.png

WZsQKxQ.png

Yj8LumU.png

We're not going exploring or settling a village yet though. First, we orient ourselves a bit in the UI and worldmap. A lot of images coming through, with tooltips explaining what the different icons mean and do:
SFsV8jc.png

The move order should be self-explanatory..

90Trzlx.png

I like keyboard bindings. I'll try to remember using them instead of this somewhat cumbersome action-wheel.

3eBrFxO.png

We want to camp when we find an ideal spot for gathering.

610HZTU.png

Right now we got shit tier equipment, as is to be expected. More on that later.

ckeDp4Z.png

So there's different seasons? Don't remember if they also had that in the first Thea.

9jvQF54.png

The day is for exploration. The night is for dying horribly. At least that is how I remember the original Thea game.

CxaCftQ.png

Ah, so we tech-up here. Again, keyboard bindings = good.

sS71EDV.png

Nothing to see here yet.

XFQWDEI.png

Might look at this again later. It's nice to be able to look up what you chose, but I guess it'll be more meaty the more you play the game and unlock different starting boni.

gdZBYtp.png

Ah, questlog.

6FOrWSr.png

Hah! For now I'll ignore this button completely..

oa4jwTB.png

The character list will probably become much more useful as I play, to keep tabs on which codexers are where.

That should do for now.
Seeing as this is an LP, we'll take a quick look at Food and Fuel management, since it's an important part of Not Dieing.
lY4iHGO.png

And the inventory:
tWFmcKs.png

OK, then there's the characters. One is already named:
FkwndEE.png

Then there's the unclaimed characters:
JkDWtia.png

buqMD8Z.png

tB6jXXr.png

HaHjduL.png

H8JUf0B.png

laPY8DA.png

The game has decided that two of our startings characters share the same name. I'll immediately give one of them to one of the first codexers to sign up.

And a quick overview of how our expeditionary force is equipped:
yG7lpAz.png

I honestly don't know what the different equipment does right now. We'll have to engage in some trial and error to learn more.

Good! Now it's time for you to claim an expedition member, if you want to. Or just lurk around. I'll play some more and rename the characters as they're claimed.

Oh, and I'm not Grimwulf . I can't hold a candle to that true artist. :salute: So I'll not be supplying hilarious role-playing on part of the different codexers. I'll just play the game and try not to die, while showing you what this game has to show.

Last edited:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I have over 200 hours playing the first Thea, loved every bit of it. But somehow I can't force myself to try the second one. Maybe it's because of the combat overhaul, or maybe something else - in any case, I'll follow this LP with great pleasure.

Also, sign me up as Radogost the blacksmith guy. Hopefully, I can stay in the village once we settle. To build Kommunism whatever needs building. :salute:

Citizen

I want to be Vaclava. Send me on suicide missions to collect berries rare resourses

Also what difficulty do you play? I started with default first time and it seemed too easy. But maybe it gets hardcore later?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Volounteers! Excellent!

I've played the first couple of turns already, so only Andnjord is named ingame yet, but the rest of you will follow when I next pick up the game.
My wife is working today, so I'm alone with my three children. Fortunately, I've managed to infect the two eldest with the computergaming bug, so they're occupied.
It's only the youngest, barely 4 years old, who needs my attention every now and then.

But! I did play, so here follows:

OK, we jump into the game again, and the first thing I do is toggle the show resources icon:
ZKfd24u.png

That'll help me on where to setup camp etc. I'm slowly remembering the mechanics, but still rusty, which is why I'll be mismanaging my band at the start, wasting time and resources, but enough about that!

Meet Andnjord our fighter:
FbjMbjM.png

Every character has some skills. Some of which are dependent on equipment, others that are native to the character itself.
kGGowTW.png

Yvg3OHb.png

CW1Zjnd.png

9s5lfWA.png

XVGfcVG.png

OWaqNsS.png

Dj21IHp.png

V32A4SG.png

22zNgi2.png

qAv0Nft.png

So, back to the game. Here's one of the resource icon. Hover above it, and you can see what it's all about. We can gather leather if we setup camp here, or in a hex next to.
TtfKPAu.png

And there's some wood out there in the forest.
tIvx3oX.png

And veggies!
yF2yQ4f.png

The blueish thing denotes an area of interest that can be explored. Let's try that!
Hkb0eBY.png

And here the tutorial popups show up.
lbwINCZ.png

aYThgJI.png

zzWaAaC.png

Let's searc the area. Seems like the sound decision, eh?
okFiXDz.png

I go for the "kunning plan".
cRBXJna.png

Which throws us into our first combat. This one based on the yellow "health", which is sanity, I guess?
zRsPXKI.png

G65DPea.png

cnjwXAz.png

42K2j8X.png

M0xWvzI.png

on93KcD.png

Man, that's a lot of explaining. Let's lay out our cards and start destroying shit, yes?

OK. You can pick the same character several times, but for an increased cost every time. Upside to this is that if you have one character that deals a lot of damage, that character can strike several times.
9YJRP6a.png

The downside is that you don't spread damage received over more characters.. For this first match, that doesn't hurt too much.

So, we gotta start throwing the damage around. We get to designate which target to pummel, if there are more possibilities.
VciwfI6.png

42NDg3F.png

Here the opponent also played the same card twice, meaning I damage "both" cards with one strike, seeing as they're the same target.

Repeat the process, and we take down some of the opposing force:
tkYg2Pc.png

UWQnrmS.png

Soon, we've won the combat and are treated with the AAR.
881Hujq.png

Everyone in the expedition also receive som temporary blessings.
4o48QaK.png

fwdFNWc.png

And loot!
wKL4UpV.png

That shield would look good on Andnjord, don't we all agree?
IjXyDR2.png

8TstbkY.png

Welp, after doing this small combat, I decided to dip into the research/development tree, and another tutorial popup shows.
IBHLHST.png

BNkOOCt.png

pKqb4FH.png

vqhkWGG.png

MqIRBAf.png

rtydiff.png

I decide not to unlock anything just yet, but take a quick look at the school, just to show you how it looks.
We'll want to unlock the gathering skills to be able to gather higher tier materials, but getting better buildings in the village will also be important.
So too crafting better gear. For now, we're still treading shallow water and can postpone our choices.

I then dip into the factions and loyalty tab, and find that only the monsters know about our group, and have decided that we look tasty.
rgv7o5l.png

I then log into the fuel management part again, to disable the burning of wood in favour of coal. The wood can be used for crafting.
TigQ0t8.png

The "Domination Victory" tab shows us some ways of winning the game.
rRw8db9.png

I wonder if we'll manage that in this playthrough..
Also, here's the Characters list. We still only have our one little expedition, so it's not like there's a lot to manage yet.
EeokOKt.png

I set up camp, and we get more popups.
0Ab3q3A.png

V6GxeIW.png

Note; it's only if you manage to go above the required number, that you actually find resources in one turn. So this'll allow me to gather some leather.

Crafting is done similarly to in Thea.
Lfk8uwR.png

G6zWAxO.png

E4ujvKe.png

MQb8pWn.png

ndhcohK.png

And I find out how you build a village. You craft an Idol, which serves as the centrepiece. Also, this Idol can use wood as the primary material. Good thing I toggled that off as fuel.
VF8Tv0A.png

In this screen I show that I had forgotten how the resource gathering system works. I assign people to research for one turn, and they fail to produce enough points to actually make progress, and the 68 points are lost..
QkAfOPs.png

At least I manage to cook.
rrZShBc.png

F95PswT.png

Once I click end turn, the imp shows up again.
f9RMBLL.png

YAxTV6J.png

cxOOZmd.png

OK, OK I get it. He wants us to setup camp. Which I just did. And now we can see that we got 9 pieces of leather and some cooked food.
9XNLPKJ.png

We move to another spot, where I waste some more time on actually not advancing our research, but at least we forage for some veggies and cut some wood.
AlIzyZO.png

Then I spot some higher quality wood that we don't know how to cut yet.
rdPxyto.png

It's right next to another adventure site.
A7G89Gr.png

It asks if we want to play it safe? Hah! Not yet at least.
NwrmFY2.png

joaJV2u.png

cHM4gJA.png

Ouch.. At least I can now find out if health regenerates automatically...

Note; I didn't screenshot it, but yes, the health, sanity and faith bars all regenerate a bit each turn. Also, I got a new research point.
jLRCLoP.png

And I found a neutral village!
V3KuRwB.png

Before I can make contact though, the imp shows up again..
6nMukoA.png

O2iJT6J.png

nOVRa1t.png

Jo2VMI5.png

vPmNLF7.png

Also, levelups! I choose to tag the biggest increase. Right now, I just want to grow my characters as much as possible. Later, I might build more towards a specific goal, but I haven't reached that level of meta-fu yet.

And where were we? Oh yes, the village...
gxg557e.png

So, we can either attack it outright, leave, or try to convince them we're worth their time...

Let's do the latter. It's a sanity battle. Should be Fun!
s6ZeN5h.png

ZJZdeQD.png

Yeah... So we won, but took heavy damage..
If any of the health bars wind up below 30%, there's a chance each turn that said character leaves us forever..

We do get some better relations out of it, and the possibility of adding another warrior I guess?
uE3nXfW.png

Off I wander in the direction of their quest, when I spot the imp's house. Thinking it's about furthering the main quest, I enter, just to find myself face to face with a hag! These bitches mean business.. I try to use the intelligence option here.
ritSuV9.png

Then I decide to try and use the autoresolve option..
ouBKzkD.png

Oh! I lived!
OzSz0Tg.png

lrmuDoJ.png

And the troll imp pipes in again.. Isn't he annoying?

Spent, I setup camp, and out of the dark, we're suddenly attacked! By rats... It was over so quickly I didn't even think of doing screenshots.
5kNalAO.png

And, AGAIN with the imp. He just doesn't quit talking.
ewEl5s8.png

TAStV8w.png

OK, we're back on track doing the sidequest for the Slavyans village.
i5es5cr.png

And we levelup just before engaging their quest target!
BT7BRsL.png

TmAhkXI.png

Rats again. We play it safe and try to trap them.
yEqMFlX.png

F96kpBY.png

MsQYJfP.png

The newly won loot let's us switch some gear around. We equip Crooked Bee with some javelins, hoping the "first strike" skill is as powerful in this game as it was in the original Thea. Yes. Javelins give you that skill.
Also shields all around! We want that protection..

Now the village will actually let us enter. We COULD still attack them, but it seems stupid to do so. We don't even have a village of our own, so let's not start a war, yes?
YS7bMxV.png

Instead we take on another sidequest.
aP94qhV.png

Then we go to where the imp said there was a village in need of our help. Yet another adventure in need of resolution.
AuqKOe6.png

Oe7sTWQ.png

3CgwTcd.png

LV8BHCl.png

X80FHMl.png

9tARNym.png

We do a very easy little combat and are basically told to "go search" for this Zbigniev. No quest compass on the map.

But that's for later. I think I'll wrap this up by unlocking some crafting.
I suspect more combat very soon, and as such, I want to stack up on better gear. So I unlock armor, shields and ranged weapons.
RP8PCz9.png

FanW7v9.png

meYEeps.png

Also, one of the "attractive" women in the band level up and can become a crafter. Just what Citizen wanted!
bywibcU.png

zicMnIv.png

I'll add the rest of you conscripts later.

Citizen

I'll take Pshemyshl

How has the combat changed from the first one? I liked the idea of Thea 1 but in practice I hated it. If they improved the combat I might have to buy this one.

First of all there's an actual battlefield now with 2 front/back rows, and instead of just building a queue of cards players lay them on battlefield slots

Since there's no more queue, card order is decided by delay stat that is tied to stats and action/weapon that card is perfoming

No more offensive/tactical hands, 7 cards maximum, every card can be used on the battlefield, performing spells/skills/attacks

I'd say it's much better, I hated first thea combat and never played far enough because of it

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want to be short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. If any dorf join your village soon i claim him.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I wanted more of Thea today, so I dove into the game again. Did you know that mythical creatures in Slavic mythology are SOBs to a tee?
Well, they are.

It seems I have no shortage of willing recruits! Very well. Consider yourselves enrolled.
lHiyUQL.png

iWcPlZC.png

f7qjryo.png

As I left the game last, I was about to go search for this Zbigniev fellow, whereever he may be.
Might as well do some sidequests while we're out there, roaming.
JADA1BO.png

If you have the right skills, some behind-the-scenes rolls occur, and you can get different options for solving adventures. Here, having a hunter lets us tackle this one a bit differently.
WDUGCDL.png

I decide to kill them all off though, in hopes of better loot.
xgc3Che.png

And I tempt fate by asking for an auto-resolve. Well, not as much tempt fate, as being lazy, seeing as you can always decide to resolve the battle manually after the results of the auto-resolve is teased to you.
No reason to do that if you get a "Perfect Victory" though.
vT6pfBu.png

OK loot. This stuff can all be used in crafting. Either in food, equipment or buildings. You can construct buildings out of bone, yes. Grisly, right? Gotta love it.
DrgN5JW.png

And suddenly, as I enter a random hex, there he is! Dialogue initiated.
jc4nKtY.png

S81aa7B.png

UJKIo9V.png

Ga4X2dK.png

CJyCLTu.png

I decided to play it nice and goody-two shoes. This is my first playthrough, remember. And I'm a big softie at heart, so there's that.
mU9aJXs.png

After doing that, we get a popup explaining how to start a settlement.
utx04hP.png

sFoUjKs.png

TObrJXY.png

Okay, so the shard is a one-off, got it. Probably should look for an ideal place to settle then. But first, more levelups!
tG8adNv.png

GWhG0rD.png

yFmoHzU.png

I have no idea what the luck stat does, but I'm counting on it being important.
And for baud that boost to Gathering just looked so useful. You want clever gatherers in your expedition.

We're now good buddies with one of the neutral factions, allowing us to go into their village and gamble. I think tagging the luck skill twice pays off here.
GVaGNVF.png

OvEzveB.png

MHgbeYk.png

Emboldened, I do the exact same in the other village.
SHCi7Je.png

Silver and gold are nice. Can be used in crafting, but apparently also in some random events. I did not know that then though.
Instead, I decide to start a settlement smack dab right next to the quest village.
Aj5msMc.png

Let's construct an Idol of Stone.
u3Gi40Q.png

JasoiLZ.png

And voilá! Thus the foundation for Sokovice is laid.
FXJxJzJ.png

Building a settlement attracts a pet demon...
tYNBuYz.png

Aw2BKIj.png

The demon can perform the same tasks as you regular villagers, only it's bound to the settlement.
aEXwV27.png

1hxSFhw.png

yCBBEj2.png

iPzZsq1.png

8o5rziQ.png

That's a nice demon. It stays near my settlement, does his chores and defends the children. Good.
Other demons are less nice. Some merely annoying.
1AOuzl5.png

7WnrDtW.png

tHqZrog.png

qMX0j8a.png

zaIBKk6.png

H3wK6dz.png

pvlQ9q5.png

ByfdKdR.png

Feeling benevolent, I let the creature live, and resolve to going for the peaceful solution.
All of the time spent fighting creatures and staving off demons lead to more level increases. hello friend and Grimwulf both tag the Tough feat, increasing their survivability.
UYNYV1w.png

We drop by one of the villages again, looking for more stuff to kill.
skNfAqZ.png

Before finding the vermin, we're ambushed. It's an easy ambush, simple to repel.
8v7MDMB.png

jfYiEUR.png

KxDFUjY.png

Now, with a village settled, we can get random events happening there too. This is one of the good ones:
AcA6XAR.png

0nPDwQ4.png

We'll see more of this stork later..
Still, this wouldn't be a proper RPG without killing rats, would it?
m7UIqlJ.png

We happily ask for more tasks, this time it's not rats they want removed, but actual fellow humans. Not a task below us, even if we are goody-two shoes.
m9LHrFU.png

Before finding them, Andnjord ups his survivability too, in an even better fashion! He improves his armor stat. If you can manage to only receive armor damage in a battle, without losing health, you're much better off. Tough is a good perk, but I like Parry better. Our pet demon also learns how to conjure ghostly axes and fling them...
bshPhBN.png

T96UHiS.png

Well, we manage to progress in the food-stealing demon quest before finding the scoundrels. There's a lot of text-quests in this game, just as in the prequel. I like that.
U93kgV2.png

RBpCmnC.png

pgOQlrd.png

1ckwK7I.png

Well, what do you know? Another demon that wasn't an SOB? Verdict is still out on whether each and every last of them ought be exterminated though.

Remember I mentioned we'd see more to the stork?
Well, it seems that Grimwulf and Crooked Bee has taken a liking to eachother. Who knew?
BjtPpR7.png

Children in the prequel were useless and a liability. They may be a liability in Thea 2 too, I don't know yet.
Before we proceed, randomly we get a new adventure based on the food-stealing demon.
T3wIonS.png

lW6z3MS.png

bafvxUw.png

6GHqqji.png

VjT4jXE.png

dY3IoOB.png

I probably just should've killed the creepy critter..
Welp, about children in Thea 2, it seems you can put them to work! Good, I leave the child in the village, where she can pick fruits and cut wood and whatever task I deem necessary.
QA3m59f.png

About wood, I placed the village within gathering distance of Elven Wood. To gather that though, I need to unlock it in the Advancement tab.
wTH7Xia.png

And then the icon for it is no longer greyed out.
jv5PDMk.png

Time to outfit the expedition again. I leave the child with the demon (known for their perfect child-rearing skills I'm sure) and bring plenty of food and firewood. I remember to mark the Elven Wood as non-usable for fuel purposes.
socqpOy.png

Then we go to beat up human opponents. This time I decide to do a manual battle. For more loot, I want to kill them. It's a bit at odds with my goody-two shoes thing, but hey. I'm complicated.
YLIFBEq.png

mrUBI2i.png

The manual combat is simple. First is the setup phase. Look at the icons in the middle between the two board halves. There are some red, and some green icons, followed by two crossed sword icons at the end.
The red icons is the enemy setup, green is mine. The number of "gearcogs" denotes how many/costly actions you can fire off. Placing a character the first time costs 1 cog, the second time it costs 2 cogs.
So I can place two characters on my fist go, which I do.
pKqoQKo.png

oXKjqkY.png

The most armored character to the front, and our best archer directly behind. Some skills can be used to buff already played cards. I don't do that here. I just place everyone.
And note that the enemy has a character with purple markings over it. That one is placed twice.
tyOcj4X.png

Some skills you can designate a target for.
yOOrhxq.png

The combat is quick and one-sided.
RUrnAFJ.png

DzGr8ss.png

uYgGM3a.png

ySNP0qn.png

aez10Um.png

Seems I upset the scavenger faction. Didn't know they had a faction. And the research material I can research, for better results on auto-resolve against just that type of enemy.
I got more research points, so I can unlock more stuff. For some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to unlock a playground...
y72J0f8.png

Don't have the resources for it yet. Silly decision.
Then I get a random adventure.
Nc91RZp.png

CcBhUg1.png

vcO8m1p.png

It cost a lot of gold, and the child got a permanent bonus to a stat. Not sure if worth it..
We do get more levelups. Again, I go for the biggest boost.
vYJTDRK.png

Then I spot a terrain feature I haven't seen before. This is new in Thea 2. Don't know what it does, but it's sparkly, so it's probably important. It's right next to a boar lair though, gotta clear that first.
GGOwaIe.png

uGJUIp3.png

Vf036PY.png

8TCJNkj.png

Manual battle punished me there. Took damage. Noone is below the 30% threshold though, so should be safe.
NBNkozK.png

Close by is also a serpents nest. Clearing that manually as well.
oECtKxW.png

Z11rHJO.png

1yfXm6v.png

i2mFwZx.png

My armor proves adequate, and I take no lasting damage.
9leS6J5.png

JMf8VeA.png

BPBMCwe.png

Safe from the lairs, I setup camp to extract the artifact. There's fuel and food nearby to, which is ideal.
3Sk95mp.png

We get another levelup, then I decide to shuffle around the characters a bit, as gathering the artefact was going a bit too slow for my tastes.
yeYscd8.png

cI9ia9b.png

Turns pass...
qN9Jny8.png

ECZknaH.png

Our Bee levels up and improves her perception, and finally we've dug out the artefact.
LsRWaVZ.png

gnith3C.png

So we clear the next boar lair in sight. This time I opt for auto-resolve, and we pull it off without a hitch.
AxBz0Q6.png

KVIbUX2.png

Lww2KMn.png

Then we're ambushed by a single snake. Results were easy to predict.
zcAsJ2e.png

iBxjRlU.png

We don't get to celebrate our victories, as that food-stealing demon isn't done yet.
W0AyeHB.png

SwTRI1G.png

Back in the village, the child levels up, without attaining adulthood. I have no idea whether growing to adulthood is dependent on a hidden clock or if its random. Anyhow, I also decide to unlock a Lumber Mill. Another building I lack the resources to erect.
EM7hGeK.png

w6PHOXr.png

Our expedition comes across another random Adventure, this one seems to be tied to the free DLC.
4FY256j.png

pQmKUYL.png

iPYFelt.png

H0Q6dh9.png

Just one against my entire flock. It didn't stand a chance.
rq2sYXB.png

S76CFHI.png

LXXWcAG.png

3gZfekJ.png

e3rf5VG.png

Rgr7Hs4.png

hQzOxux.png

In the prequel, I really liked casters, and I was a bit disappointed I wasn't joined by one here. Maybe he would join if I had the right god. Well. The ordeal does provide experience, and we get some improvements.
5aCYG52.png

Random adventures are Fun.
PwPNl1J.png

owvLdxT.png

WKHex4p.png

BpRDZ74.png

Our pet demon also improves.
NusSIDn.png

I still haven't found that food-stealing demon quest thing, so I keep exploring and come across another faction.
MFQB0Jo.png

Just as I spot that village though, I finally get to progress (and end) the food-thief quest.
588g8f3.png

b5zvGkF.png

s5YJhY7.png

I probably shouldn't have taken that option, but it seemed tempting...
u0tYk17.png

GOrQCPD.png

Right, so everyone is cursed. Go me. No helping it, I gotta progress.
fpKu71C.png

ik0NqxX.png

9uEncUM.png

Wx5XxtE.png

Welp, I win, get a friendly pet demon and a spellscroll.
14Ee6IK.png

KVCTttf.png

8ciiARJ.png

Before making contact to the new faction, the Lightbringers (remember what the Vohl said. They're evil), I check up on the Theopedia. Here you can see that once you complete your creature research, subsequent encounters with said creatures will become easier.
2J3e1uT.png

Sh1R3wJ.png

OK. Let's step foot into the lightbringer settlement and see what's to learn.
T0qOvgd.png

BGVdbYe.png

Eh. Doesn't seem like it'll conclude peacefully. I try to auto-resolve and get incredibly lucky with scraping by on a win.
zivuyFz.png

OGbdH1m.png

QxC6Ixb.png

Everyone is losing their minds after that mental battle, but I got a pet wraith. Looks useful.
Now though, I am at risk of losing one or more characters at the end of each turn, until their sanity recharges...
7loZduM.png

IqX7Hex.png

By freak luck, that doesn't happen on the first turn, and Citizen improves her gathering skills.
lrIC59U.png

See here, everyone's yellow bar has taken a serious hit.
1htb5xf.png

Several turns tick over, with noone losing their will to be adventurers, so I decide to push on. In the distance I spot some rare bone resource that can be mined later, and a boars lair. Maybe netting a victory will lift the spirits?
75qm8Ct.png

4dANNWU.png

edLDnGz.png

iySwCdq.png

You want different foods for the party, to increase the morale regain. That morale is what helps you regain sanity. Which also translates into our entire expeditionary force being completely drained for morale...
The meat we got from the boars will help a bit though. We push on, headed back to the village, but find a "Stinger" faction outpost. They aren't friendly.
iySwCdq.png

I decide to battle them. Don't want to be bullied by bees. We get a win with minor injuries, which I readily accept, and the loot! Those gathering tools are really useful!
XbJLEm1.png

2sCKh2C.png

The relation loss could hurt us later though. Bummed about that. The lair was situated directly above this grove of Dryad Wood though. Gotta unlock that and start harvesting later.
fRXDzai.png

On our way back to the village, we get treated to another adventure. See if you can spot a trend with the behaviour of demons in this game..
vAm8sbt.png

jkcHPBT.png

Vl3CPlq.png

mBqXLki.png

hdmn8ln.png

Fortunately, the illness is temporary. So Citizen should be fine. Should be.
We're almost back at the village when we spot this scene. This game has Spider Diplomacy!
nnecUzq.png

BfIRgRa.png

Yx9HgDE.png

TmNijZR.png

QLuat65.png

k7N6j4t.png

And this random encounter fixes some of the relation loss I took with Stingers. I'll take it. And no, I'm not sorry about clearing that lair, as the gathering tools made up for it.
We are still cursed from the demon game though, and curses last until lifted. So I unlock the curse removal ritual.
q7phSVB.png

T21Wq2P.png

It'll cost us a fair amount of resources though. I think we got enough herbs to pull it off. We don't get to actually do that though, because now the game decides to throw Plot Exposition at us.
Qc48AJt.png

MrqWC50.png

Jm9dft3.png

VTK8ndv.png

YFPRD38.png

Yi9I41j.png

9PkiEZi.png

FVc7iMl.png

1X9mmvx.png

lGu5xe0.png

Jq6DSaP.png

VtcmYkM.png

T3Hyk64.png

BS9IEcy.png

zdGAB9I.png

The text is voiced, which I think is a nice touch. Seems like actual voice actors too. I felt a bit like a paladin here, taking all the "yes god, I shall do as you please, god" choices. Don't know if the game will actually let you deviate and choose your own path. I would think so. I'm just counting on the rewards from the gods being good. We'll see if I'm disappointed.

Back at the village, we complete the curse-lifting ritual, and round everything off with some more levelups.
aOqx6dj.png

Also, I've updated the roster with the characters at the level they were when I last left the game.

Citizen

Azira said:
Fortunately, the illness is temporary. So @Citizen should be fine. Should be.

Caught some nasty slavic aids! Nothing to worry about tho, a few botles of vodka nut moonshine and I'll be back to chopping elven wood in no time

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey, you also got another character in addition to the wraith when clearing that lightbringer village

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I just intended to do a very short, fluff update, as I learnt where you can tell how close your child is to growing up, but then I got sucked in.

Join us now, as Beautiful baud contracts an STD, and we learn that Storyfag is creepy.

Caution, savescumming was used once in the making of this update.

So, when you look at a child, there's an icon of a sprouting leaf. Hover over this, and you can see how soon he/she grows up.
ZN7Swc9.png

Also, Reinhardt asked to be our village demon. So be it.
nw30ZUB.png

And MoistCloister wanted to be the second Sulibrat. I see I misspelled his name and added a space where there is none. Will fix that later.
r2KuceT.png

Storyfag said he wanted to be "anyone", so this girlish looking young child is he!
Llx6uyE.png

Satisfied that I have assigned more volounteers, I head out and pick up more sidequests.
fAXHMYS.png

Having a demon in the party or in a nearby village means we can cheat at games in the tavern. Guaranteed wins, but a rep hit.
rwlm8WO.png

I want our children to be Special. So I decide to try to buy a cat, which will boost sanity and mysticism.
zIOBzyw.png

In the wilds, I stumble upon another adventure. One of our unclaimed children steal the limelight.
lS2us33.png

GsEorFQ.png

4NiF1vA.png

YmxruYp.png

2d4Z6Ug.png

1S9fEDw.png

They walked into the light. Literally. Which is a Bad Thing in this game so far.
Anyhow, we were tasked with getting some honey from a nearby nest. Having the right perks/tags gives us an alternative to the violent solution.
Ct6PI6J.png

tPOcJDf.png

aakUP0L.png

sgk3tAZ.png

That means I've almost salvaged the Stingers rep. Almost.
Random lair cleaning.
qYrPzU4.png

Then I decide on unlocking buildings that will allow us to get more resources that'll go towards more upgrades.
fDQP411.png

We're not done with the sidequests yet though.
aINaS8p.png

It's good to keep busy. And the Slavyans seem like bros.
We don't get to actually complete that sidequest before another Adventure intrudes.
q9xB8YY.png

SvbIxCK.png

sZo5XTc.png

Why not trust a talking toad? Seems perfectly reasonable. Just as reasonable as keeping a pet demon in charge of the village. Speaking of said demon, it grows bigger.
TpeV9qx.png

Now, back to the talking toad, it led me to this place.
bUuk8Kk.png

Entering the hex, we start a new adventure.
T2jz8iv.png

i9rSdNn.png

KPzDXds.png

lk363KR.png

zDMLLdQ.png

vpLUjUh.png

We set free the toad, and it transforms!
vhwI9V1.png

jzKIAvG.png

Baud, who is female and has the Beautiful trait, get's to choose and spend some quality time with a demon. Of course, she accepts. And get's a little "something" for the effort..
Hvf3zVd.png

kvxoYsx.png

gUjq6yQ.png

Illnesses are temporary. baud will walk it off. Try not to die while you do so, OK?
Also, random adventures might be beneficial.
SYYZags.png

pAzrhTg.png

This mysticism blessing/boost is important, because it raises Storyfag s stats high enough that there's a chance he might grow into a magicuser!
This is where I savescum, to get the option and desired outcome. I'm not ashamed. I really want that magicuser, so this chance is not one I'm going to pass up.
G16oIXm.png

9UzecJ3.png

So, becoming a magicuser means you're seen as creepy. Seems fitting, right?
GkLVkrV.png

That's where I'll leave it for now. Might not get any time for playing the next couple of days, but I look forward to adding our new magicuser to the expedition. Maybe I'll even let Grimwulf stay in the village to forge/build stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom