Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yeah, sure, the spider swarm is made up of diminutive creatures, so it should be immune to weapon damage. I thought you were talking about swarms in general.

Shadenuat

Arcane
In general I just think that hard counter enemy should be beaten by a hard counter, there is no reason to ramp up its base stats as well.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Give link to this "big debate" in favor of weapons. Casters have horrible bab and ranged touch spells target touch AC.

Lvl 11 AT:

Octavia accuracy.jpg

Fish in a barrel. Read the comment you're responding to for God's sake.

I'll have some nice pure caster with a bow shots here in a week or two. It's not even a close debate.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Spider Swarm encounter in Fangberry cave, Enhanced edition, playing for the first time:

- Amiri throws Alchemist Fire: miss
- N'Ashtar casts Acid Splash: miss
- Linzi throws Alchemist Fire: miss
- Harrim throws Alchemist Fire: miss

Such a magnificent encounter design.

I had Linzi throw them all and I'm pretty sure 100% of them hit.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Give link to this "big debate" in favor of weapons. Casters have horrible bab and ranged touch spells target touch AC.

I'll have some nice pure caster with a bow shots here in a week or two. It's not even a close debate.

Oh joy. A typical AT will hit his 2nd weapon attack at like level 12. By that time you'll be close to the Surprise spells capstone. I suppose you can burn some FEATS to get moar attacks (at lowered AB, though... plus the Multishot one can't even add sneak dice).

A terrible investment IMO.

Btw. nice to see you again, Desiderius.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Lvl 11 AT:

View attachment 12455

You sure like posting gimpy builds that get uber buffs to be able to hit a fish in a barrel. Like making a 9 STR character melee.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Btw. nice to see you again, Desiderius.

You too Hap. This:

Take Ten.jpg

is so cool.

i thought you were making octavia pure caster this time?

I am. The second dude at Steam I argued with came around to my point on using weapons over cantrips (basically you want iteratives when you've got 10d6 attached to them all and to hit is like water in this game if you know where to look) but insisted that you could still do it as pure AT with only one level of Rogue, so that's what I'm currently testing. Not expecting to start using weapons until I hit 6 BAB for 4 attacks (haste + rapid + main + iterative) at lvl, what, 13? Might try it at Rapid + Haste, we'll see. Snowball wand is a good one for Ch. 1.

Pic against the Roc was Rogue4/Wizard3/AT4 I think.

Desiderius

Patron
It is a fine way to play as any. If anything power through party composition should be rewarded more than vivi dips.

It is x10. I'm not a power gamer. I stumbled onto something more powerful than what the munchkins are doing. Stacking group buffs are OP. Who knew?

Desiderius

Patron
Death from Afar is such a cheaty item. +4 char levels of stackabe ab lmao.

There's 70-80ish AB out there to be had if you really want to work at it. The alternatives in that slot from artisans are pretty nuts too so the opportunity cost is high as well.

Desiderius

Patron
You sure like posting gimpy builds that get uber buffs to be able to hit a fish in a barrel. Like making a 9 STR character melee.

Archon's Aura and Frightful Aspect aren't gimpy, they're borderline broken. Only Tristian and Harrim have those (and now Feyspeaker Val will have Aspect + Smilodon form which will be fun).

You round off Tristian's 9 to 10 and you're -3 AB/-3 damage vs Amiri's 16 base Strength which isn't that much when you've got +46 AB and doing 50-500 damage (high end once the Vital Strikes kick in).

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Legitimately enjoying the interaction between Jaethal and Jubilost. Usually Jaethal can roast the other henchmen without mercy but when she tries to flame Jubilost it just doesn't work out because he's too well spoken and intelligent.

They really redeem the lackluster cast of henchmen.

When do dex classes catch up to TSS fighters in terms of tanking? Next play through I might do something like monk plus kensai or duelist.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Legitimately enjoying the interaction between Jaethal and Jubilost. Usually Jaethal can roast the other henchmen without mercy but when she tries to flame Jubilost it just doesn't work out because he's too well spoken and intelligent.

They really redeem the lackluster cast of henchmen.

When do dex classes catch up to TSS fighters in terms of tanking? Next play through I might do something like monk plus kensai or duelist.
The banter between camping is usually stupid shit. Makes me intrigued to hear, though. Jaethal is like a budget Morrigan. I find her boring, and I don't really use her.

Anyways, last banter I remember was Octavia, Regongar, and that whip. Octavia is a fucking gross thot.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
The banter between camping is usually stupid shit. Makes me intrigued to hear, though. Jaethal is like a budget Morrigan. I find her boring, and I don't really use her.

Anyways, last banter I remember was Octavia, Regongar, and that whip. Octavia is a fucking gross thot.

Yeah Octavia and Regongar are garbage written to appeal to the SJW faggot soyboy crowd "whores and cuckolds can be real people too!" even though their personalities don't match up with their alignments or anything else about them. Literally living contradictions.

I never really drew a comparison between Jaethal and Morrigan maybe because Morrigan has more dimension to her character, discovering she's actually a nice person and has feelings ECT. whereas Jaethal is just "total fucking edgopath" the whole time.

I like Jaethal because she realizes that the rest of the henchmen are pretty garbage and just tries to mind fuck them and disrespect them but Jubilost (I missed him on my first playthrough) is too much of a big brain for that to work.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
sounds like they are like real human beings

There is a difference between having believable character flaws and being a second life character mary sue that manages to function normally no matter how much retarded shit they tack on to the character.

There are better written characters in harry potter fanfiction.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The banter between camping.

I'm going on two thousand hours and have yet to hear the same banter twice. It's unreal how many there are.
Kind of weird. I cleared the map and took several breaks in Act 1 where you finish the fort and have to leave for the Aldori manor. I had to restart because I found one cave that was difficult as fuck to clear, the Boggard Champion's cave. Anyways, I restarted and heard the same banter over and over. Maybe it is linked with acts or something? Either way, I found the Dragon Age: Origins banter to be better. It actually had some funny moments. The banter in Pathfinder is just boring shit; although, I only ever use Ocatavia, Regongar, Linzi, Amiri, and Valerie. The thing is I'm not expecting improvements with boring ass Harrim, Ekundayo, or Tristan.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Me and the squad getting ready to head to Varnshold.

0XYxS0w.jpg

Also on my 2nd playthrough I'd really like to curbstomp this treacherous snake scumbag. BRB killing thousands of people even though you're supposed to be a Good aligned cleric and have WIS to be able to make wise decisions on things.

xevl0Cd.jpg

Edit: Sp
PS: I'm not actually the tank I just swapped places with Val for the photo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom