Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Have you ever been so pissed off with your mentally challenged henchman getting crit by every single creature you punched a troll king and they exploded into a fine red mist?

QG4bNmo.jpg

I like that custom portrait.

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I thought the Worg was insane but then I ran into this guy with my party at level 4.
Power Attack, Lethal Stance, Rage (with bonus to will saves), and on top of that he even had the iron will feat too. Performs three attacks and had a bonus to attack of +21 with a +2 greatclub and did enough damage on a regular hit to whipe out to two thirds of Valerie's health. 32ac with blur was not going to cut it, he was guaranteed to kill everyone.

Clearly this was a point where I probably should have retreated and waited until I reached level 5. But I was determined to do everything in as few rests as possible and kill the Stag Lord before 30 days. So the only option was to pray that Linzi's Hideous Laughter hit and try to kill him before he woke up and killed everyone. Developers anticipated people would try this and gave him iron will on top of rage for will bonus saves. Proceeded to reload a ton, which wouldn't have been so bad if the lights in this cave weren't bugged for me and made loading times really long for some reason.

Still can't believe I did it. Almost gave up. Had to use every last ability and spell I had. But it was worth it for that Amulet of Natural Armor bonus +2.

This game is the best.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought the Worg was insane but then I ran into this guy with my party at level 4.
Power Attack, Lethal Stance, Rage (with bonus to will saves), and on top of that he even had the iron will feat too. Performs three attacks and had a bonus to attack of +21 with a +2 greatclub and did enough damage on a regular hit to whipe out to two thirds of Valerie's health. 32ac with blur was not going to cut it, he was guaranteed to kill everyone.

Clearly this was a point where I probably should have retreated and waited until I reached level 5. But I was determined to do everything in as few rests as possible and kill the Stag Lord before 30 days. So the only option was to pray that Linzi's Hideous Laughter hit and try to kill him before he woke up and killed everyone. Developers anticipated people would try this and gave him iron will on top of rage for will bonus saves. Proceeded to reload a ton, which wouldn't have been so bad if the lights in this cave weren't bugged for me and made loading times really long for some reason.

Still can't believe I did it. Almost gave up. Had to use every last ability and spell I had. But it was worth it for that Amulet of Natural Armor bonus +2.

This game is the best.

I believe grease and other spells that attack reflex are sufficient for that encounter. If it's big, chances are, it's weak to reflex based spells.

Efe

Erudite
This is my first run with beneath the stolen lands, what the hell is with random spikes?
Its like i get a hard floor, then 2-3 levels afterwards much easier than that.

are these supposed to be boss floors?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
This is my first run with beneath the stolen lands, what the hell is with random spikes?
Its like i get a hard floor, then 2-3 levels afterwards much easier than that.

are these supposed to be boss floors?
>are these supposed to be boss floors?
There are boss floors, but they're random. You can go 30+ floors without ever encountering a boss.

>what the hell is with random spikes?
Par the course. You'll get used to it. Worst floors are 100+. As the game spams you with golems and wild monarchs. The latter is ok, the former is cancer.

>Its like i get a hard floor, then 2-3 levels afterwards much easier than that.
In my experience the more floors you get to. The harder and harder the encounters become.

Efe

Erudite
Summer golems were hard. geomancers standing there 2 rounds and slamming 150+ hits were a suprise.
im not sure if its a monarch but current floor has first world enemies, smilodon beartreant, mandragora swarms etc and pretty sure enemy spell dcs and saving throws just doubled or even tripled.

i got new inventory for honest man message at start but never again.. and hes not selling shit.. where do i get good weapons? i keep getting dozens of +1 bows

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Summer golems were hard. geomancers standing there 2 rounds and slamming 150+ hits were a suprise.
im not sure if its a monarch but current floor has first world enemies, smilodon beartreant, mandragora swarms etc and pretty sure enemy spell dcs and saving throws just doubled or even tripled.

i got new inventory for honest man message at start but never again.. and hes not selling shit.. where do i get good weapons? i keep getting dozens of +1 bows
>where do i get good weapons?
You don't. Most of the gear is gained from rummaging through the floors. Sometimes the merchants will come stocked with ludicrous items worth buying.

>i keep getting dozens of +1 bows
Yeah, that's the experience. Sometimes you can get lucky and get the gear that you need. Other times you can go 30+ floors without getting anything of decent worth.

Efe

Erudite
you shilled this procedural dungeon to me... nothing nice to say about it?

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
you shilled this procedural dungeon to me... nothing nice to say about it?
What's there to say? The good parts are the early floors due to how controlled loot progression is. Once you get to the higher floors, you will want to commit suicide. I like it primarily because I get to test builds, instead of slogging through another 100+ hour unfair playthrough. I enjoy it. There was a mod being made by a codex user that was attempting to fix its shortcomings. But he's gone AWOL.

Here is the Codex mod: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/pf-kingmaker-endlessdungeon-mod.130777/

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I thought this was funny, and wanted to share it here!
OY1ewqT.png

Cool but... kinda outdated. After the Dazzling Display nerf (full round action), only Dreadful Carnage is somewhat good (on characters that can actually kill fast).
Nowadays its all about Dirge of Doom Bards....

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oooh! That's gotta hurt!

enkNnVN.jpg

Maybe barbarians really are the master race.
A barbarian can fill in for any class.
Wizards? Set stuff on fire, then throw them. As good as fireball.
Rogue? Just roll barbarian with a knife.
Ranger? Two knives.
Monk? Just a barbarian with improved unarmed strike.
Cleric? Bring a hammer.
And so on.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A barbarian can fill in for any class.
Wizards? Set stuff on fire, then throw them. As good as fireball.

Eh, I miss the Barbarian's Carnage and the original Firebrand summoned greatsword from PoE (back when it used to target Reflex save rather then Deflection).

Combined with the awesome Barbarian Carnage aoe you were quite literally a human fireball...

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Well I said I was going away and probably will when the weather gets better and I can get out to run with my devils, but I also said I'd finally run my initial MC if they ever got around to fixing Lingering Performance on Archaelogist's Luck.

Over a year after reporting it, they finally did, while also making Vital Strike a Standard Action which is huge for Freebooter (and late Tristian).

So time for another run.

MC: Archaeologist 20. Ideal MC since you can hog all skill checks without burning feats. Gets free Knowledges, Trickery, and Perception with lvls and can take ten on Trickery checks. CHR is main stat for Persuasion checks. Lingering (swift action) Luck song lets you go TWF + Piranha Strike, Uncanny Dodge + Image means Charge with no worries of being caught flat-footed. No splash means great caster level for Dispel/Spell Pen/durations.

Val: TSS 1/Feyspeaker15/? Already at level 2 has Longstrider to get her speed up with Tower Shield and Acid Maw for Smilodon pet pounces. Fastest spell progression up to Frightful Aspect at 16. Doesn't need Shatter Defenses once Smilodon form is reached at 13, since all Smilodon attacks are at max AB. Gets Image at lvl 7 in time for Trolls.

Linzi: Bard 20 Finally going ranged Linzi for first time. So far so good. Working up to Deadly Aim/Rapid Fire. May use her casting more for buffing and leave Jub on the bench for the first time.

Amiri: Barb 2/Freebooter 10/x Gets all the Cleave goodies through Combat Style, will hit Greater Vital Strike (now Standard Action) by 16. Bane is Move Action, Charge/Cleave/Vital all Standard. This build is going to be straight butter.

Harrim: Cleric 1/Tactical Leader 16/x WIS to initiative at level 3 is great with Touch of Chaos, sharing Precise Strike will be good with all the attacks this group gets. Shares judgments at lvl 15.

Will pick up Tristian for endgame, whoever has quests until then.

Any advice welcome.

cruel

Cipher
I finally started playing this properly, but one thing bothers me. It seems that rest options are limited, due to camping supplies being required. I'm fine with that, so OK. But - I noticed that the party gets tired quite easily, much earlier than I would like to. Simple trip Oleg's - Ancient Tomb - Pine Patch - Fangberry Cave, and everybody is tired (medium encumburance). I have like 8 camping supplies (thought I will need 1 per rest), but it seems you need one per person, per rest. With Harrim recruited, I need 5 for one rest - this means I'm out after one rest only.

This seems stupid or I'm missing something? Your rest is limited (which is totally OK), but at the same time game forces you to rest much sooner than you want? Are they expecting me to carry 20 camping supplies or what?

Should I install something like this maybe?
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/17?tab=posts

And maybe this also?
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/10/?tab=posts

I don't like stuff like that to be honest. I'm playing a fantasy game, and don't really bother about realism that much - there was nothing wrong with simple rest with BG2. I want to kill kobolds, zombies and cast fireball, not worry about rest items.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. You can install any mods that make the game as easy or as difficult (though no PF:K mod does the latter) as you like.
2. Default rest / time management settings push a player to find the ways to mitigate the problem of weariness. I will not spoil them for you.
3. The route you described is, like, about a third of the whole province. I would be surprised that such a trip would be allowed without rest even for tabletoppers.

PS: also,
you will have to manage the barony later. Or you will have to mod out this aspect and play the game you want.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I don't like stuff like that to be honest. I'm playing a fantasy game, and don't really bother about realism that much - there was nothing wrong with simple rest with BG2. I want to kill kobolds, zombies and cast fireball, not worry about rest items.

I just hunted every time on the world map and still finished chapter one with 30 days left. Not sure if the later chapters have a tougher time crunch or not, but so far I only need rations for dungeons (and even then there's often exits to the surface for I assume resting purposes).

panda

Savant

I just hunted every time on the world map and still finished chapter one with 30 days left. Not sure if the later chapters have a tougher time crunch or not
Not. This whole "hard time limits" thing is extremely exaggregated.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Paizo's new Director Of Licensing, who has worked on WotC's digital licensing. His entire career is about video game business. Looks like Paizo is getting into digital seriously with the success of Owlcat: https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnfeil/

Director Of Licensing

Company Name Paizo Inc. (Full-time)
Dates Employed Jan 2020 – Present
Employment Duration 2 mos
Location Redmond, WA

Oversee licensing for Paizo, Inc, makers of Pathfinder and Starfinder. Establish and maintain business relationships with licensees making great products like miniatures, gaming aids, and video games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom