Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Damage multipliers have been reduced so it's not as easy to deal insane damage anymore overall, though there are some some exceptions with few master quartz.

The biggest way to exploit the game are the Brave Orders, especially late in the game, but ToCS3&4 are overall harder than ToCS1&2, IMO.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Damage multipliers have been reduced so it's not as easy to deal insane damage anymore overall, though there are some some exceptions with few master quartz.

The biggest way to exploit the game are the Brave Orders, especially late in the game, but ToCS3&4 are overall harder than ToCS1&2, IMO.
That's great. I'm looking forward to it even more now.

I forgot to say above that the music that plays during the Loa Luciferia fight in II is thematically perfect. I can't place it, but the melody feels familiar—like they used it elsewhere in the game—and how it transitions right into "For Those We Hold Dear, For Those We Love" after the fight is a great combination of gameplay (mirror of the boss from the first game as a sort of final encore) and music to create an atmosphere that makes the characters come alive.

Ysaye

Arbiter
I forgot to say above that the music that plays during the Loa Luciferia fight in II is thematically perfect. I can't place it, but the melody feels familiar—like they used it elsewhere in the game—and how it transitions right into "For Those We Hold Dear, For Those We Love" after the fight is a great combination of gameplay (mirror of the boss from the first game as a sort of final encore) and music to create an atmosphere that makes the characters come alive.

Haha - I like that in comparison, the music that starts CS3 off ("Beyond the Journey") starts with a "glimmer" in the dark which (visually in the intro) turns out to be a train hurtling along, which I would say is pretty metaphorical for the situation the protagonists find themselves in.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
upload_2020-3-7_13-21-27.png

seven therefore zero

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's honestly pretty disappointing because if the game came out last summer when no games were released, or in January, or next summer it'd be great since there's nothing to play.

Instead it'll arrive basically a week before CS III on PC which is the worst timing really in my mind

Deleted member 7219

It's honestly pretty disappointing because if the game came out last summer when no games were released, or in January, or next summer it'd be great since there's nothing to play.

Instead it'll arrive basically a week before CS III on PC which is the worst timing really in my mind

I'm glad I bought and completed CS3 for PS4. Will get the PC version too but gives me time to get through Zero.

Slaver1

Savant
Hajimari no Kiseki self-composite character portraits (continued)

G8yBhx8.png

FWIW, don't know whether Sara will be a major character or not.

oulwjCy.jpg

Well, Sara looks amazing as usual.. I'm just a bit worried I'm getting burned out on the series heading into TOCS3. That 2nd playthrough of 2 became quite brutal... Hopefully the sequel refreshes things alot.

Kaivokz

Arcane
That 2nd playthrough of 2 became quite brutal... Hopefully the sequel refreshes things alot.
Why two playthroughs?

I have only played a little bit of the third game, but so far it is a breath of fresh air in that the main cast changes and the battle system feels sufficiently different/better balanced.

Slaver1

Savant
That 2nd playthrough of 2 became quite brutal... Hopefully the sequel refreshes things alot.
Why two playthroughs?

I have only played a little bit of the third game, but so far it is a breath of fresh air in that the main cast changes and the battle system feels sufficiently different/better balanced.
I guess catching up in anticipation of TOCS3 which came alot sooner from NISA to PC than expected. The 3rd game does sound like it's the pinnacle of the Trails of Cold Steel series.

Deleted member 7219

Why two playthroughs?

I guess catching up in anticipation of TOCS3 which came alot sooner from NISA to PC than expected. The 3rd game does sound like it's the pinnacle of the Trails of Cold Steel series.

Having played all three localised in the west so far, I think TOCS 2 is my favourite. Especially after you get the airship.

Slaver1

Savant
Why two playthroughs?

Having played all three localised in the west so far, I think TOCS 2 is my favourite. Especially after you get the airship.
I do like where TOCS 2 went with a certain Class VII instructor... It feels like they really personalized some of your choices.. I understand 4 is very good in that regard as well.

Jinn

Arcane
The Release Date of Trails from Zero
Posted OnMarch 9, 2020
2b6746376ad81a619ab43f69cd87a1a8
AuthorSupremezerker
zero_breadoverthebarrier.jpg

You heard us right. Very soon, you’ll finally be able to put on your police badges and experience the world of Crossbell. It’s been a long time coming, but we’re satisfied with the current state of the localization and ready for a public release!

Prepare to Get Over the Barrier!
The patch will be available to download on March 14th, so it’s time to prepare! Make sure to purchase a Japanese PC copy of Zero no Kiseki from dlsite.com, falcom.shop, or amazon.co.jp. Then, you will be able to use the installer found on the Geofront. We will provide step-by-step details on obtaining, patching, and configuring the patch.

This patch is for the existing PC version of the game, improving performance, fixing numerous bugs, and adding new features such as turbo mode, a message log, and autosaving. That being said, we have no plans to release a PSP patch at this time. If it does happen, it would be Ribose working a miracle with the less-than-ideal tools that we have to work with. Instead, we strongly encourage you to purchase a Japanese PC version of Zero no Kiseki to support Falcom, and to get the best experience possible.

Trails from Zero: Trailer Time!
To tide you over, KillScottKill took it unto himself to prepare something very special. We present: a trailer for the upcoming launch of our translation! Give it a watch or ten, eh?

Keen eyes among you may recognize that as a recreation of Falcom’s trailer for this game, nine years ago. Credit to it, of course. Please look forward to the patch on March 14th. We hope it will be worth it.

EDIT – 7:03pm CDT:
If you are interested in seeing the press release PDF that was made graciously by Scott, please check it out here.

Really appreciate the time and effort the team has put into this localization. Wish I could pay them for their work.

That being said, here's to never having to wait for the completion of another Geofront project ever again. Sweet jesus!

Ysaye

Arbiter
Why two playthroughs?

Personally I liked CS3 best, but I acknowledge it isn't going to be to everyone's taste.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
reminder the DLsite version of Zero is DRM free and safe (comes with installer like gog, albeit not as smooth as gog's installer). support falcom.

i had to use VPN to access the site, but my credit card worked like normal and no problems at all.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Tried the TCS3 Steam demo and I love it already.
The graphics have been improved more than I thought the character models and the animation look noticeable better.
Gameplay is still as fun as ever of course.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
the KB+M cotnrols are shit like CS1/2

it just emulate the console button instead of having pointers like sky game. i just plugged my control in

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom