Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

TOCS 3 is very good. Not sure if it is great yet. Need to play the PC version. But I think it’s going to be great.

Trails from Zero localised version is going to be great too.

Jinn

Arcane
Welp, the patch for Zero is about 5 hours late because they can't seem to figure out how to get their launcher to work properly. Wonder if we'll even see it in the next 24 hours.

The wait never ends. Zero = infinity.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Welp, the patch for Zero is about 5 hours late because they can't seem to figure out how to get their launcher to work properly. Wonder if we'll even see it in the next 24 hours.

The wait never ends. Zero = infinity.
it's the kiseki curse

but good news finally

giphy.gif

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
And of course it doesn't work.And of course these clowns were too busy fixing the steering wheel bug instead of making the actual fucking setup function.

Anybody having issues:

-Install .NET Framework 4.8: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2088631
-Go into Application Files\ZeroLauncher_1_0_1_0 and remove .deploy extension from all files.
Now you can run ZeroLauncher.exe that is located with all the files you just renamed.

And expect a million bugs since this shit shows a bigger problem.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

First impressions:

• No issues at all with the localisation. Feels like XSEED.
  • Clean interface, nice graphics, some evidence of HD assets but I'm not sure if those were already in original JP version of game
  • Paper dolls look better than the paper dolls in TitS
  • Game is incredibly stable. I'm running it with 8xMSAA and Vsync, no jankiness, no FPS drops, just smooth as butter
  • Combat is great, it is the missing link in the evolution of Trails from TitS to ToCS
  • No issues with installation, the launcher or anything else so I don't get flyingjohn's comment. I did get an error with one of the C++ installations but I ignored it as I know I already have that installed for other games. No issues so far.

Jinn

Arcane
Speaking of Ao, has anyone played through the PC version with the Guren translation patch? That's how I'd ideally like to play it after Zero, but have read a couple reports that there might be some game-stopping bugs near the end?

Otherwise I have the PSP version, but the PC would obviously be the superior choice if possible.

About 5 hours into Zero and am loving it. I think I can see why Crossbell is a lot of people's favorites of the series, and probably will end up being mine too.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
i love the cast already. the most adult of the main character so far, no highschool bullshit and they actually feel like a cop. the prologue is strong too. there are actual high-ish stake conflict that foreshadow the dark side of crossbell.

Endemic

Arcane
i love the cast already. the most adult of the main character so far, no highschool bullshit and they actually feel like a cop. the prologue is strong too. there are actual high-ish stake conflict that foreshadow the dark side of crossbell.

That's because they are adults (besides Tio).

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
well yeah they're 18-21 still pretty young but older than the rest of the cast (except for kevin, which is why he's my favorite protag so far. so underrated)

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
While mostly there aren't as many high school anime tropes in Ao/Zero compared to the Cold Steel games, there's still plenty of awkward virgin harem protagonist anime stuff with Lloyd.

Slaver1

Savant
TOCS 3 demo was great. Very nice update to the games engine, an upgrade across the board, and the new & returning characters were all snappily written and well voice acted. Turn-based combat adopted the more immediate Persona 5 style where options are all a button press away. Everything feels so fresh and polished and I can't wait for Monday's release!

flyingjohn

Arcane
Wow zero no kiseki is pissing me off.
That big slime fight in the sewer is one of the worst things i have ever seen.
Fucking making you rely on rng whenever or not your stupid npc survives is just bullshit.
Have to lower difficulty because of this shit since he dies in two hits on hard.

And i know the solution is to have everybody's sbreak,but i hate that type of limitation.

Edit:Translation so far has been great.As somebody already said it is very xseed like.
But there are bugs.From targeting getting stuck to weird lag that happens sometimes when you exit the menu.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Wow zero no kiseki is pissing me off.
That big slime fight in the sewer is one of the worst things i have ever seen.
Fucking making you rely on rng whenever or not your stupid npc survives is just bullshit.
Have to lower difficulty because of this shit since he dies in two hits on hard.

And i know the solution is to have everybody's sbreak,but i hate that type of limitation.

Edit:Translation so far has been great.As somebody already said it is very xseed like.
But there are bugs.From targeting getting stuck to weird lag that happens sometimes when you exit the menu.

Switch to mouse if targeting gets stuck.

Jinn

Arcane

If you enjoy a nice challenge, you're going to ruin the rest of the game for yourself by lowering the difficulty just because of that fight, unless you're able to change it with a hex editor of course. The first few hours are pretty tough on Hard, but it becomes much less difficult shortly after that.

Bugs have been minimal. Only thing I can think of is that targeting problem, which is easily bypassed by simply hovering your mouse over another enemy.

flyingjohn

Arcane

If you enjoy a nice challenge, you're going to ruin the rest of the game for yourself by lowering the difficulty just because of that fight, unless you're able to change it with a hex editor of course. The first few hours are pretty tough on Hard, but it becomes much less difficult shortly after that.

Bugs have been minimal. Only thing I can think of is that targeting problem, which is easily bypassed by simply hovering your mouse over another enemy.
I turned the difficulty back up with a hex editor after i finished that fight.I know the future fights won't be annoying,just hate when the battle outcome is reliant on protecting npc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom