Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Tygrende

Arbiter
Is there some essential item that i need to get?
Yes.

It's impossible to get to those chambers without getting detected.
Doppelgangers in Tithonus have very short sight range, just a few tiles. They change their position from time to time, eventually you will be able to walk past them. You can also leave the area when spotted, they will despawn and come back after a few seconds.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
They never stay in one place for more than 3 seconds, which is not enough time to hack the door. They also don't have any pattern and move randomly. Can i just add that critical item via cheat engine or other such means?

Tygrende

Arbiter
They never stay in one place for more than 3 seconds, which is not enough time to hack the door.
Might want to turn your speedhack off then.

They also don't have any pattern and move randomly.
They do, but often enough they will move far away from the doors/lockpads/cells so you will have plenty of time to interact with them. They also seem to be bound to a specifc area and can't go too far from it.

Can i just add that critical item via cheat engine or other such means?
No, none that I know of. I'm not an expert, but it's usually used only for tweaking numbers, not spawning items.

By the way, I went through the Tihonus Lab myself on DOMINATING before writing this and timed myself. Took me 11 minutes to disable all the cells, no reloading, left the map twice and had to waste some time to heal up outside while avoiding tchortlings. It's really not that hard. Just be patient, take your time to observe them from a safe distance and move at the right moment.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I obviously toggled speedhack off for this. Waited in the corner of the room near the right side gate around 10 minutes overall, went on to try and hack 3-4 times, when the dopplepoop moved avay, but it always returned and initiated combat before i got it open. Sad ending for otherwise great game.

razvedchiki

Erudite
its time
for another build
PISTOL
BUILD
i tried a pistol build with tactical vest and anti rifle vest but was a bit of disapointed of its limited mobility,so its time for some slippery slip leather armor....

Whiskeyjack

Learned
I feel like I'm the only one that loved DC. And I played it at launch. Good puzzles, some interesting areas, and you get a shitload of the games interesting backstory. Eye of Tchort wasn't that bad really. And some builds Tchort was trivially easy. Mushroom forest was a bit annoying but otherwise I liked it.

Codex Year of the Donut
DC was ok. I liked all the lore it provides. Been a while so my memory is fuzzy, but I remember liking the power plant too

Jezal_k23

I don't like 2 things: the location of the drive shaft and the mushroom forest (I like the area itself, but what you're supposed to do in it is kind of stupid imo). The rest, eye of tchort and everything, I was fine with. Admittedly I was lucky to be a stealth build, so I think your frustration/hate for it is gonna depend on your build the first time you play through the game, because obviously some characters who have inappropriate builds are gonna be fucking screwed.

Now, I think the fact that you might find yourself completely screwed all the way up to the end game is kinda charming since we never see this nowadays, but I can't blame anyone who comes out of the experience frustrated as fuck and livid with rage at the game and the DC.

Parabalus

Arcane
Enjoyment of DC depends massively if you have stealth or not.

On release pmuch everything respawned on entering a map again :negative:.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Enjoyment of DC depends massively if you have stealth or not.

On release pmuch everything respawned on entering a map again :negative:.
My first playthrough was TK puncher. No stealth. I was just untouchable and melted anything I fought in one turn.

Don't forget that Conditioning's resistance bonus is "secondary resistance" so it doesn't really synergize with armor... instead it's something that synergizes with Stoicism and usage of Aegis/Morphine to try and reach 95% secondary mechanical resist.
There is no cap on secondary resists. You can be flat-out immune.

Sykar

Arcane
How would you guys build a PSI monk, unarmed with at least Psychokinesis and maybe Corporeal Projection feat? Though maybe going dexterity route for more punches might be better.

ciox

Liturgist
How would you guys build a PSI monk, unarmed with at least Psychokinesis and maybe Corporeal Projection feat? Though maybe going dexterity route for more punches might be better.
Those aren't really exclusive are they?
Anyway you definitely want Lightning Punches and Expertise.
And probably some Cave Hopper gear so you can most closely mimic the whole Monk concept thing, since Underrail doesn't really encourage wearing no armor, just having a very low armor penalty, with feats like Nimble.

Also expansion is coming soon so you might as well plan ahead for how you're going to deal with jetski combat, being too melee focused is going to pose some challenges there.

15geazk.png
Feats not in order. I would also want blitz and critical power, so pick and choose. Could drop agility to 9 and raise will to 7, then take Force User. Might want electronics to make psi headbands and electric gloves. At the higher levels, you'll get your attack AP down to 4 without tabis, so you could wear infused rathound boots with spikes, if you didn't need the MP.

Alternatively, go with str 10+, dex 10, will 7, with corporeal projection. Use the Powerfist. I've heard this averages higher damage, even factoring in crits from the lighter build.

So for a pistol build one would go evasion/dodge or tactical vest with anti material plate?
My one pistol build (lvl 16 at the moment) is a non-crafting dodge/evasion build. Pistols are short-range and don't kill very quickly (especially if you have multiple enemies), so I wouldn't go the slow'n'heavy route.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom